Rosetta Resources

Jim Craddock

Not what it seems

Engineering (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Rosetta Resources full-time for more than a year

ProsFree snacks
9/80
Nice office
Lots of young people

ConsToo many meetings
Not much direction
Some members of management are too young and have very little experience
Pay is based on whether you are a flight risk
Your bosses bonus is taken out of his staffs bonus pool. If he pays you less he gets more
To reward someone else management takes it from another

Advice to Senior ManagementReward performance and don't base pay on who you think might leave

A Growing Company

Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Rosetta Resources as an intern for less than a year

Pros9/80 work schedule.
Nice Offices with free snacks, soda, and coffee
Competetive Pay

ConsLOTS of meetings almost every day.

Rosetta Resources Review

Senior Production Engineer (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Rosetta Resources as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat People to work with. Wonderful ammenities and care for workers.

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement as company is so small.

Advice to Senior ManagementLock onto great talent when you have the chance.

Run by managers, not leaders

Geologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rosetta Resources

ProsWhen you first join the company, the compensation package is above average to encourage people to make the move

Some young talented staff that work hard and try to do the right thing

2 Fridays off a month

ConsLack of long term vision, focus is on short term - long term is sacrified

Friends in high places causes organization problems - some senior people know that the CEO won't let them go regardless of what happens so they have no fear of losing their jobs, they just manipulate people and behave like chlideren (decisions are more emotional than analytical ie we are going to do this because it is MY idea (& I want to look right) vs we will do this because it increases company profitability

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone wants to help their friends, nothing wrong with it, but when your friends are not the right people for the job it is time to make a change. Currently there is nobody internal to take over succession of the company. Some senior folks lack the maturity and stabilty to run the company.

Not performance based, Ex-BR employees are given free reign

I have been working at Rosetta Resources

ProsIf you previously worked for BR, you are given the benefit of the doubt and are almost guarranteed to move up in the company. Sr. Management has a comfort factor with those they have worked with in the past.

Every other Friday off - which is what you will need after the constant belittling (if you are not from BR)

ConsThey believe in induced tension - which means they pit people against each other

Compensation is a zero sum game - for one person to get rewarded it has to come out of someone ele's pocket regardless of performance by the individual or the company

There is a complete lack of trust internally - fueled by those that get rewarded for throwing others under the bus.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually follow your so called company values. Treat people with respect regardless of which companies they worked with in the past.

People are your best asset. They get things done to support the overpaid top brass. It makes no sense to treat them poorly.

Put the interest of the company ahead of your own ego. There are numerous examples were poor business decisions were made just so someone at the top could save face.

Great if you are a former BR employee, not so great otherwise

A Regular JOE (Current Employee)

I have been working at Rosetta Resources

ProsChallenging work, good perks (free drinks!), good co-workers. Pay is OK, can be a great opportunity if you are formerly from Burlington Resources (BR).

ConsPreference for former BR employees, regardless of skill or competence. Executive management is often unprofessional and disrespectul towards non-ex-BR people. Company's core values are for looks only, the execs don't follow them.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values you espouse to the employees. Don't be hypocrites. Treat your employees with dignity and respect. Admit that there is a morale problem and work to address it.

OK

Geoscientist (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Rosetta Resources

ProsOK in Denver- Decent employees, some good technical people. Denver is the step child , if you like that kind of environment great

ConsThey pit the Denver office against the Houston office- this is not a sports team. Too much nepotism in their work force

Advice to Senior ManagementNo structure to the ratings system. No structure to the career ladder- is their one. If you kiss ass- well it might work for you their

Worked for Rosetta Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rosetta Resources reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Rosetta Resources CEO Jim Craddock. All 7 reviews are posted anonymously by Rosetta Resources employees.