Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Updated 6 March 2015
14 reviews filtered by
3.1
Dave Worrall

1. The same fake crap of all companies with a call center!!

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Free Tea
    Free Coffee
    Growing company

Cons

A lot of training meetings
    Unorganized
    High School atmosphere
    Bonus Program is taxed 40%
    Mandatory Overtime
    Management will lie
    Don't get on the phones
    Policies change everyday

Advice to Management

Do not make up crap to get rid of full-time or contract workers to make room for new employee's!

2. Unorganized, chaotic.

I have been working at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun people for the most part.
    The work life balance is pretty nice. Overtime for the most part is strictly prohibited unless given prior approval.
    The employee engagement team has fun ideas and they usually for a good cause.
    Everyone means well...
    The place is growing like crazy!

Cons

This place is an unorganized mess. No one knows what is going on. Management consistently flip flops on decisions and give very unsure answers. Management has no accountability for their actions. It's pretty much a matter of time before the CFPB hits this place with a big ol' fat fine. They try to do their best, but way too many corners are cut. It seems as though a lot of the management team is very unprepared and under qualified for their roles. When you ask questions there are way too many responses of "I don't know..." or you are just completely ignored because they don't want to give a wrong answer. A lot of the promotions seem to come to people who are in a certain clique which is somewhat troublesome. The place seems to be growing way too fast for it's own good. Job security is pretty low as well, there are always rumors floating around that the place is going to be sold or shut down much like Roundpoint Mortgage was in July 2014.

Advice to Management

Be consistent with your policies.

3. Educational

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Pros

Office Culture, Pay, Benefits, Co workers, Holidays off, team and one on one meetings with supervisor. You will always know what you need to improve on and receive praise when appropriate. You get to meet all VPs of company.

Cons

The hours are based off a seniority and ratings on scorecard. Communication between departments could be better.

Advice to Management

Better communication between depts.

5. Good entry level job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was definitely a great entry level job for someone who just got out of school. Great people to work with and there is definitely an abundant opportunity to learn in all aspect of mortgage. In order to understand all of mortgage I think it is best to be part of the operations. They have all kinds of events during the 16 months I work there.

Cons

The pay was OK. When it was time for a yearly review and raise they did not give a good one although you had praised you for all your hardwork. As for personal growth, I did not see myself going anywhere in there at all at the time since RPM was also trying to grow. They were trying to have the least amount of people as possible and make one person work a lot but not compensate them. I felt like it was total work overload.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and compensate the employees for their hardwork.

6. Depends on your department and age

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved my direct department. Great people

Cons

Raises are complete crap. No matter how hard you work and how much overtime you put in, expect $0.30 maximum per year.

It's a "who you know" system. So if you don't know anyone, you're stuck.

I loved MY supervisor, but my department was blamed for everything, and many of us left due to poor treatment. Be wary, and good luck. Hope they see you as something worth while before you quit.

I quit, and now everything is in shambles. Pay is absolutely pathetic, and don't fall for the "you can advance" bull.

Advice to Management

Be honest, and show some appreciation for those giving it their all. SOME sign would have been lovely.

7. Fast-growing and a bit chaotic but pretty good

I have been working at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time

Pros

Like a lot of quickly growing companies, Roundpoint has its quirks and growing pains to deal with. The C-level folks are either unsure of the direction they want to in, or unable or unwilling to communicate it to the peons, 'cause things can seem chaotic at times. The overall culture is kind of like a teenager; sometimes happy and friendly, sometimes cranky, and it's hard to tell which is going to happen next.

The culture is highly dependent on department: some departments are open and friendly, some are shut down tight and don't communicate at all. Most everyone is approachable, and the office layouts are designed to promote that. Training is also dependent on department: some focus on it a lot, others just do the basic stuff required by the Feds.

Promotions are primarily internal, at least when possible. Roundpoint does do what it can to keep quality employees.

Cons

The chaos is distracting; people are relocating from floor to floor and building to building all the time, and the stated reasons for the relocations change. The new office designs are built to maximize bodies in a space, so you do not have much room to move around or have more than your monitors and a keyboard at your desk.

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate! Break down those walls.

8. Former Employee

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Pros

Was exciting to work with a new company and see it grow, compensation was generous and they are flexible.

Cons

A lot of chaos and nothing was really properly in place as far as policies/procedures. Seemed to be a lot of favoritism.

I was not displeased with the job--the company was experiencing growing pains while I was employed there.

Former Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management was flexible when it came to personal time needed for children, appointments, etc. You could make up the time lost before or after hours.

Cons

At the time, my department was micro-managed which is fine for some employees but not everyone requires the same hands-on treatment.

Advice to Management

I heard that conditions have improved so keep doing what works best for employees and the customers.

10. Good place to work

I worked at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities in all departments. Great people and atmosphere. Department heads are helpful

Cons

Too far of a drive for me. Overtime was not allowed when business was slow even though the hours were worked

Mortgage Loan Officer

Current Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Rockville, MD (US)
    Current Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Rockville, MD (US)

I have been working at Roundpoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tons of leads, no cost, no trickery selling techniques, straight forward products. You don't feel like your ripping people off. Easy to be successful. You get out what you put in.

Cons

Many loan officers in a growing company may make it harder to get to top then in the past. Easy to do though if you work.

Advice to Management

Monitor a little more closely some of the other LO's who may be not producing, wasting leads for more successful LO's