Ryan, LLC

Ryan, LLC Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Ryan, LLC CEO and Managing Principal G. Brint Ryan

G. Brint Ryan

Pros:
  • "Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance"
    in 34 reviews
  • "The MyRyan program creates a flexible work environment that fits your schedule"
    in 28 reviews
Cons:
  • "Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The flexibility and innovation at Ryan, LLC are un-paralleled.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRyan strives to keep their best talent by offering bonuses, outstanding flexibility and dedicated management.

ConsWe pay for casual Friday, but it goes to charity so it's not too much of a con.

Not all divisions of Ryan are a "great place to work"

Manager Or Above (Former Employee)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time

ProsIf you are in the right division at Ryan, there are opportunities. Ryan provides good service offerings.

ConsMyRyan is great -in theory, but poorly implemented in the division where I worked. Senior management refused to hire the appropriate resources, therefore you had to work until 1-2 am just to keep up. When you did take time off, you were still required to attend client calls, emails, et. Mature women are not embraced in my division.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease walk your talk. Mr. Ryan, if you are truly serious about making your firm a great place to work, then you need to be open to feedback that points out which piece of your business are broken. When people do try to speak up, retaliation occurs.

Many opportunities for career development, all the tools needed for self-motivated goal oriented professionals

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAbility to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance
Very successful model in place, all the tools you need to succeed are available

ConsOpportunites to succeed must be sought and created by you - for those that are driven and ready for the challenges, the rewards are immense
Achieving success is not easy - must be willing to put in extra time and effort at times to succeed

Good company, lot's of potential.

Consultant (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC part-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work environment that allows for work life balance.

ConsProjects (and therefore bonuses) not evenly distributed. If you are on a good team with good projects that the partners distribute to you, then you're set, but if not, you have to find your own clients or be forced to do junk projects with no profit. Also, this is not a CPA firm so it is difficult to get certified if your manager is not a CPA.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance project distribution out better.

Working for a company that has great goals, vision and leadership. Poor insurance options and decent compensation.

Analyst Role (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

ProsGreat work-life balance. Lots of PTO and flexibility. Great office location. Very thoughtful Firm Meetings.

ConsInsurance is really pricey out of pocket. It's been difficult to stay satisfied here when other well known companies offer better insurance and compensation. Ryan wants the Best talent but isn't willing to up the ante.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, and try and dialogue on a friendly level once in a while.

Overall great company to work for

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat flexibility and work from home policy. Hours can be long at times and short at others. When you have proven yourself, you will have a lot of flexibility to work the way you want. There is the potential to make a high bonuses, but see the noted cons. Overall, I would recommend Ryan to someone who is looking for a good place to work. There are plenty of opportunities for someone new out of college to get some really valuable business experience and have a fun time with the great people that work there.

ConsThe experience you have varies significantly depends on the team you are on. The area is very niche and although there are exit opportunities to go to the Big 4 and industry, I would doubt that any of these would compare or compete with some of the great things Ryan offers. Ryan is growing to completely own this industry in an almost scary way. As a CPA with 5 years of experience in a general tax area or general area of accounting you can work almost anywhere. With 5 years of experience at Ryan you will not have this same type of flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a discretionary yearly bonuses that is only loosely based off teams revenue. The way success is measured is sometimes a demotivating factor.

If you want to be in tax, this is the place to be in terms of career development and growth.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax (Former Employee)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrong management team with good growth potential.

ConsBoring, lots of menial job tasks.

Great place to start.

Consultant (Former Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA lot of freedom, flexible work schedule. Worked at home whenever I wanted. Even allowed me to live out-of-state and still excel at my job. Good place to acquire skills to break into a big four firm.

ConsNot a lot of room to move up. Especially compared to other companies, there is not a lot of fostering of talent. Little to no client interaction at a low level.

Advice to Senior ManagementSame response from superiors regardless of whether engagement level is high or low. Without room to grow (or at least to appearance of room to grow), there isn't a lot of motivation to be ambitious. The firm could be missing out on many rising professionals for this reason. Although maybe that doesn't matter, since the firm has a reputation internally for not promoting from within.

Okay for an entry level position

Sales and Use Tax Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros- Work/life balance
- Time-off policies

Cons- Low salary
- High turnover rates

Overworked, under paid

Manager Or Above (Former Employee)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time for more than a year

ProsThe concept of MyRyan (work where ever, when ever) is great but poor implementation.

ConsIt is not a healthy work environment. Certain departments are very understaffed therefore you have to work very long hours (2 am) to complete your work. Certain departments are still very chauvinistic, creating a hostile work environment towards women. I had very high expectations based on the story Ryan was selling. However, it was a very disappointing experience. HR and upper management are not interested in feedback or receiving concerns regarding the environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk your talk. If you really want to make it a great place to work, be open to all feedback--even feedback that says you aren't doing so well.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Ryan, LLC Videos

Ryan, LLC – Why Work for Us?

Ryan has won over 100 workplace excellence awards during the last four years, including numerous city, state, and national workplace excellence recognitions, as well as highly selective international awards and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ryan, LLC reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Ryan, LLC CEO G. Brint Ryan. All 186 reviews are posted anonymously by Ryan, LLC employees.