Ryan, LLC

Updated 11 November 2014
4.0

Ryan, LLC Chairman and CEO G. Brint Ryan
G. Brint Ryan

Pros
  • Work life balance, lucrative bonuses if you get on the right team, client services (in 38 reviews)

• The ability to work from home is a plus, but this also means that you are on call at all times (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Ryan raves about work/life balance but doesn't let everyone take advantage of the myRyan work from home platform (in 8 reviews)

• The commission/bonus structure isn't for the risk-averse (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good work/life balance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

work/life balance was great. I got to work from home all the time.

Cons

There was not room for growth and the people were not very nice. You didn't feel like you were a part of anything.

Ryan LLC

I have been working at Ryan, LLC

Pros

great company to work for.

Cons

There are not cons with this company

none

Love the Flexibility

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Brint Ryan really believes in his company and growth.

Cons

If you do not have a degree, you will not get promoted even with the experience

Be open to experience rather than a degree.

Fast Paced

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Potential to earn significant bonuses based upon your position and the service line within which you work. The myRyan program was a big plus, especially for individuals trying to balance work and family responsibilities.

Cons

Bonus potential depends heavily on the service line and the industry/clients that you are assigned to.

Good Company

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Great bonus structure and cultivates entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Can experience the silo effect and can dampen creativity with burdensome policies.

Increase base pay, allow flexibility across practice areas and militate against silos.

The flexibility and innovation at Ryan, LLC are un-paralleled.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan strives to keep their best talent by offering bonuses, outstanding flexibility and dedicated management.

Cons

We pay for casual Friday, but it goes to charity so it's not too much of a con.

Company who like to apply for accolades(best company to work ...) as way hiding their shortfalls and high turnover.

Former Employee - Manager Or Above
    Former Employee - Manager Or Above

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company is getting into the 21st century and providing employees more and better learning courses and various ways to recognize employees. Company is the best as sales and use tax projects an should not veer away from their area of expertise.

Cons

Lack of competent directors and principals with necessary project management skills in new service lines in the Federal area. Zero work life balance. MyRyan does not exist for most employees and not consistent across the board. Beware of the theory that you were hired because you are the best of the best, you are hired due to high turnover and the service line was desperate to find someone. Complete client deliverables are provided the client 3 to 6 months after a tax filing and ethics does not play a factor in the work product. Being on both the client side and consulting side, I would be wary of using Ryan for anything other than sale and property tax projects. Principals are not in agreement as to the project status reports and the value to the client. High turnover, I was looking for a job two weeks after I started this role and extremely happy I have my work life balance back and do not let Ryan fool you that it is work life success.

I cannot provide much advice as I understand many people who have been at Ryan have provided advice but to no avail. The best advice is to focus on your core practice of sales and use tax and let the big boy firms handle the federal services.

Many opportunities for career development, all the tools needed for self-motivated goal oriented professionals

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance
    Very successful model in place, all the tools you need to succeed are available

Cons

Opportunites to succeed must be sought and created by you - for those that are driven and ready for the challenges, the rewards are immense
    Achieving success is not easy - must be willing to put in extra time and effort at times to succeed

Good company, lot's of potential.

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Ryan, LLC part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work environment that allows for work life balance.

Cons

Projects (and therefore bonuses) not evenly distributed. If you are on a good team with good projects that the partners distribute to you, then you're set, but if not, you have to find your own clients or be forced to do junk projects with no profit. Also, this is not a CPA firm so it is difficult to get certified if your manager is not a CPA.

Balance project distribution out better.

Working for a company that has great goals, vision and leadership. Poor insurance options and decent compensation.

Current Employee - Analyst Role
    Current Employee - Analyst Role

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance. Lots of PTO and flexibility. Great office location. Very thoughtful Firm Meetings.

Cons

Insurance is really pricey out of pocket. It's been difficult to stay satisfied here when other well known companies offer better insurance and compensation. Ryan wants the Best talent but isn't willing to up the ante.

Keep up the great work, and try and dialogue on a friendly level once in a while.