S&P Capital IQ

S&P Capital IQ Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

S&P Capital IQ President Lou Eccleston

Lou Eccleston

Pros
  • Competitive salary, Great work life balance, perks, less pressure(in 30 reviews)

• Strong learning culture, friendly work environment(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has no interest in investing in employees and assisting in development(in 14 reviews)

• No Learning- After 6 months your learning curve falls and get ready to do the same stuff for the rest of your life(in 7 reviews)

Immature management. Capital IQ needs to grow up

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVery good benefits package, courtesy of McGraw-Hill - employer's contribution to pension is very generous, healthcare, subsidised gym.
    Decent offices.

ConsManagement run the company like some Jonestown cult. Unless you drink the Kool Aid, it's impossible to progress.
    Favoured staff have jobs created for them for which they have no relevant experience or talent. The place is way-overstaffed.
    Despite overt friendly atmosphere, when you scratch the surface you'll find that Capital IQ is a very nasty company. Colleagues spy on each other & report back to management if co-workers have taken too long lunch breaks (I'm not exagerating here).
    Morale is extremely low.

Advice to Senior ManagementMcGraw-Hill Financial needs to step in & take control & inject some maturity into this place. Hopefully Peter Deboer can help Capital IQ grow up.

good

Proseveything good work more have fun the place is beautiful..the good environment Do keep in mind that the company reviews on all these sites are posted by individuals, including possibly disgruntled employees. So, use them as a tool to help gather more information about a company, but don't count on them as 100% accurate, because every employee's experience is different.

ConsDo keep in mind that the company reviews on all these sites are posted by individuals, including possibly disgruntled employees. So, use them as a tool to help gather more information about a company, but don't count on them as 100% accurate, because every employee's experience is different.

Advice to Senior Managementwork more

New management in Chicago is top notch!

Client Development Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe people in the office are excited to come to work. We are having a record year in 2014, and us younger team members feel we have great leaders and mentors.

ConsIf you aren't going into the sales path it might be difficult to move up quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider increasing compensation for teams that over perform.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

research associate

Research Associate (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Prosgreat work life balance
    good salary

Conssluggish growth
    not challenging profile
    too long hierarchy

Research Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe office is at the heart of downtown manhattan near the east river. Friendly colleagues and very beautiful office.

ConsWork has been offshored to India and environment became cut throat as everyone is worried about their jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be personal growth and development for employees

Evolving business model, solid foundation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWork-life balance is decent. Growing so likely some opportunity in niches if you can find it.

ConsStill trying to figure out direction, which leads to some discontinuity.
    Trying to change culture there as many of the employees are lifers that are stuck doing business a certain way as opposed to determining best course for future of company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to take some risks to grow the company. Otherwise, it guarantees mediocrity and inhibits growth.

Good company but nobody is home

ProsGood work life balance, good equipment and software

ConsNo sense of team, vague management direction, no training, zero growth

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a training budget and spend it. Individual training is good.

A good start...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsCulture; good work/life balance; a good place to start.

ConsLack of advancement opportunity; poor company direction.

Great experience with a good learning curve

Intern (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsGood atmosphere. Flexible timings and helpful mentors

ConsLimited growth opportunity otherwise no cons

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much

Nice place to work for

Current Employee (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGood training, flexible timings, helpful seniors, above average pay

ConsPromotion and promotional hikes are less

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more people working and less people managing.

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!