SAIC

SAIC Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco

Anthony Moraco

Pros:
  • "Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines"
    in 43 reviews
  • "Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits"
    in 56 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees"
    in 31 reviews
  • "Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC"
    in 30 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good experience overall, sometimes didn't know which direction it was heading.

Practice Manager (Former Employee)
Old Aberdeen, Scotland

I worked at SAIC

ProsGreat networking abilities, ability to work all over the world with diverse cultures and get access to interesting projects with large clients.

ConsSometimes left out on your own in certain countries, as the US was always the main focus and where the power lay, and international business didn't seem as important.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about getting feedback from management from all over the globe on strategies, priorities and especially how we work with clients so not to promise things which cannot be delivered in the future.

Promises a lot - delivers less than you would like

Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at SAIC

ProsPeople you work with are usually very smart
Opportunities to work with some interesting technologies
Some opportunity for travel
Pay and Benefits pretty good for a UK company
Fairly flexible with working arrangements

ConsPoorly Organised
Competitive nature of the internal organisation leaves a lot to be desired
Not enough trainning provided
Career progression difficult to visualise

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people do there jobs, get the account managers to open their eyes...this company is not doing as well as it should be doing - so many missed opportunities casued by incompotent handling of accounts.

Great Co.

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Prosone of the great company to work for

ConsI can't find anything wrong with this co.

Overall a very positive experience. Lay-off process needs to be addressed as well as internal transfers.

Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee)
Alexandria, VA (US)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent benefits. Family friendly. Time off as needed was never an issue. Lower management looked out for their people as best they could.

ConsPoor communication between management and employees. Career path is convoluted at best. Told several times if I received a particular certification it would boost my career only to have the position taken away and given to a new hire. Highly driven by profit margins.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in touch with your people.

Good Job While I Had It.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Suffolk, VA (US)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than a year

ProsIt was a great company to work for and I was blessed to work with good people who were capable at doing their jobs.

ConsInability to fight for their employees when it comes to contract negotiating, which caused my contract to get moved to another company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if they would go to bat for us when it's time to renewing contracts.

Great

Site Safety Lead (Former Employee)
Barakī Barak (Afghanistan)

I worked at SAIC as a contractor for more than a year

ProsLoved working for SAIC which had great benefiits with awsome bonuses.

ConsVery hard to get a job stateside.

Excellent company, helpful supervisors

Usability Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSAIC listened to some innovative ideas I had, and even invested in some presentation materials I used when present "Brown Bag" seminars.

ConsLike most contracting companies, when work for my speciality disappeared, the paycheck disappeared. No offer of lateral training, or putting me in a position to show I could do the alternative job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with employees, and benefit from their adaptability when specific job titles disappear from the contract stream.

Good place to work

Software Security Engineer (Current Employee)
Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSAIC is a good place to work. Nothing spectacular about pay or benefits but the people you work with are top notch and many have been in the industry for a long time and eager to share their experience and knowledge. Local operations and business units are very good at keeping the work coming in and we keep the customers happy.

After the corporate split into SAIC and Leidos the corporate management seems eager to regain that something special that SAIC used to have when it was employee owned and before the founder retired.

ConsTop management has gone down hill since Dr Beyster left the CEO position and the company drifted towards being a typical defense contractor body shop. A series of weak CEOs seemed too eager to make us clone of everybody else. Too little investment in employees, too eager to trim costs. Seems to be turning around post split but the dust is still settling.

Great place to work!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
O Fallon, IL (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time

ProsGreat people at all levels, many opportunities to advance your career and move to other locations. Many chances to travel and help build new business. They take care of their people.

ConsMost everything is by contract unless you are at the corporate level. If you lose the rearward on a contract, they may not be able to find an opening for you.

Great Place to Work

Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

ProsReally smart people who work well as a team. Great opportunities. Being in San Diego use to be another great pro but that has changed.

ConsRelocating to McLean, Va. Breaking the company into two.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove Hq back to San Diego.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All 998 reviews are posted anonymously by SAIC employees.