SAIC Reviews

3.5
1,236 Reviews
SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco
Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines (in 50 reviews)

• Good benefits and lots of opportunities to expand your skill set (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC (in 36 reviews)

• No loyalty from senior management as to long-term, mid-level employees (in 33 reviews)

1. Good experience overall, sometimes didn't know which direction it was heading.

Former Employee - Practice Manager in Old Aberdeen, Scotland
    Former Employee - Practice Manager in Old Aberdeen, Scotland

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Great networking abilities, ability to work all over the world with diverse cultures and get access to interesting projects with large clients.

Cons

Sometimes left out on your own in certain countries, as the US was always the main focus and where the power lay, and international business didn't seem as important.

Advice to Management

Think about getting feedback from management from all over the globe on strategies, priorities and especially how we work with clients so not to promise things which cannot be delivered in the future.

2. Have experienced better in my day.

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get a paycheck. That is the only Pro.

Cons

Some on the contract sit and talk all day, while I the hard worker do the work of three employees, while the other two do not work. These none workers have been getting paid for the past seven weeks for none working, while I do all the work. How do they get away with this? Been harassed and bullied by one particular employee and it has been going on for over ten months. When will that stop?

Advice to Management

Solve bullying and harassment issues. Get rid of the bumps on a log. It is bad enough the military budget is going down the toilet, you add to it by employing individuals who sit around and do not work, but you still issue a paycheck and charge the customer, the US military. Overall low morale in the work place, can use restructuring.

3. Promises a lot - delivers less than you would like

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

People you work with are usually very smart
    Opportunities to work with some interesting technologies
    Some opportunity for travel
    Pay and Benefits pretty good for a UK company
    Fairly flexible with working arrangements

Cons

Poorly Organised
    Competitive nature of the internal organisation leaves a lot to be desired
    Not enough trainning provided
    Career progression difficult to visualise

Advice to Management

Let people do there jobs, get the account managers to open their eyes...this company is not doing as well as it should be doing - so many missed opportunities casued by incompotent handling of accounts.

Project worker

I worked at SAIC full-time

Pros

Working on projects was very enjoyable. Had a good experience. Would recommend to anyone considering a career in government contracting. Nice offices

Cons

Can't think of much. Contracting is contracting is contracting. The office where I worked was clean. Liked the co-workers. People seemed happy to come to work.

Advice to Management

Keep in communication with your personnel and see how they would like to progress. Do not let too much time go by without checking in to see how everything is going.

6. Amazing company to work for with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Huntsville, AL (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open communication.
    Town halls.
    Plenty of opportunities.

Cons

I have not seen any yet.

7. Part-time Assistant

I worked at SAIC part-time

Pros

Very friendly co-workers. Everyone was willing to help out. Great facilities and professional atmosphere.

Cons

I did not work with SAIC long enough to get a feel for all of their policies and style of conducting business.

8. IT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Great company to advance in your career

Cons

benefits ok but better that average

9. Great job

Current Contractor - Systems Administrator in Montgomery, AL (US)
    Current Contractor - Systems Administrator in Montgomery, AL (US)

I have been working at SAIC as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

-salary
    -job requirements (the job is not a difficult one if you come in with an I.T. background)
    -annual raises (GREAT)

Cons

-detachment from the company (as we work on a contract basis, we work at the customer site, we have a manager from the company that is also assigned to the site, however, he works day shift only)
    -All company activities are only planned around day shift workers, if you work 2nd or 3rd shift, you are pretty much excluded (i.e. company picnic, holiday parties, etc.)

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to get all 3 shifts involved in company outings, and maybe somehow figure out how to avail management to all 3 shifts.

10. Team Lead

Former Employee - Team Lead in Oak Ridge, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Oak Ridge, TN (US)

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company and management team. They really take an interest in your career and help to make sure you reach your goals.

Cons

Benefits have been declining each year. Merit increases are minimal.

Advice to Management

Continue to assist with development of talent, and work harder to retain employees/

When it was employee owned it was centered around employee happiness not profits for the shareholders.

Former Employee - Geospatial Analyst
    Former Employee - Geospatial Analyst

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Good pay and benefits. The company is very large and has many locations. With so many positions with the government from city to state and up to the federal level there are many different positions and career fields to choose from.

Cons

With the breakup of the company especially after making bad investment decisions and spending money on the transition we lost many positions.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees without their support you wouldn't exist in the community. Try and put the employees's happiness to the forefront of your attention not only focus on investors profits.