SAIC

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.3 1,067 reviews

SAIC Chief Executive Officer Anthony Moraco

Anthony Moraco

Pros
  • Work life balance good / Not Micro Managed unless your not meeting deadlines(in 47 reviews)

• Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits(in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees(in 33 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know (or is not saying) what they see for the future for SAIC(in 32 reviews)

1,067 Employee Reviews

Have experienced better in my day.

ProsI get a paycheck. That is the only Pro.

ConsSome on the contract sit and talk all day, while I the hard worker do the work of three employees, while the other two do not work. These none workers have been getting paid for the past seven weeks for none working, while I do all the work. How do they get away with this? Been harassed and bullied by one particular employee and it has been going on for over ten months. When will that stop?

Advice to Senior ManagementSolve bullying and harassment issues. Get rid of the bumps on a log. It is bad enough the military budget is going down the toilet, you add to it by employing individuals who sit around and do not work, but you still issue a paycheck and charge the customer, the US military. Overall low morale in the work place, can use restructuring.

Good experience overall, sometimes didn't know which direction it was heading.

Practice Manager (Former Employee) Old Aberdeen, Scotland

ProsGreat networking abilities, ability to work all over the world with diverse cultures and get access to interesting projects with large clients.

ConsSometimes left out on your own in certain countries, as the US was always the main focus and where the power lay, and international business didn't seem as important.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about getting feedback from management from all over the globe on strategies, priorities and especially how we work with clients so not to promise things which cannot be delivered in the future.

Promises a lot - delivers less than you would like

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aberdeen, Scotland

ProsPeople you work with are usually very smart
    Opportunities to work with some interesting technologies
    Some opportunity for travel
    Pay and Benefits pretty good for a UK company
    Fairly flexible with working arrangements

ConsPoorly Organised
    Competitive nature of the internal organisation leaves a lot to be desired
    Not enough trainning provided
    Career progression difficult to visualise

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people do there jobs, get the account managers to open their eyes...this company is not doing as well as it should be doing - so many missed opportunities casued by incompotent handling of accounts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) Oak Ridge, TN (US)

ProsIt has great benefits, great people, and HR is very helpful. Management is always respectful.

ConsI feel like I am a hard worker and I never got promoted or offered another job and feel like if they let me I could do better.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to management. The benefits, office culture, and HR ethics are very good. I have never had a problem with HR or upper management or any of the like.

Interesting work but limited growth.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsGreat infrastructure allow you to work with virtual teams.

ConsLimited growth due to government contracts moving to small business set asides.

Quality Company

Project Manager (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsCompetitive Pay
    Good Working Conditions
    Government Contracts
    Good Benefits

ConsLimited Geographical Presents and does not appear to what to expand their non government presents

Company splits are never fun, but this one was managed well.

ProsSome of the greatest peers and coworkers anywhere. There remains some of the entrepreneurial roots and that is the part that always made SAIC distinct.

ConsSetting a new culture after a split will take time and there is a human toll in the uncertainty. The old SAIC is being slowly drummed out of existence and within 3 years or less, it will be just another big corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that without people, your company is worthless. Demoting people and affecting their pay to achieve targets while keeping the most senior leaders whole on their compensation is telling.

Great starting out company

Systems Integrator (Former Employee) McLean, VA (US)

ProsTravel, strong tech work, less of a small fish in a big pond

Conscompensation in relation to industry standard

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great, mature company suitable for long-term career

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL (US)

ProsSAIC is extremely mature and its management has lots of experience in caring for its veteran employees and developing new talent. The company is involved in a huge number of projects in many locations, so anyone can likely find a role that they enjoy.

ConsThe size of the company can be daunting especially for new employees, and the contract-based nature of SAIC's business model lends itself more to a project-centric employee identity rather than a feeling of fellowship with the company as a whole. Also, the contract work model means projects and jobs may come and go.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

A great company if you understand the business model - consultants have to be under contract at all times.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Idaho Falls, ID (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits. The quality of work depended mainly on the individual contract, but that is true of all consulting work. I enjoyed my co-workers. Good opportunities to transfer to other locations.

ConsTo many re-organizations and management changes. The company was not as good after going public. Some of the problems can be attributed to the changes in government contracting methods and philosophies that made it more difficult to operate this type of business.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!