STMicroelectronics

STMicroelectronics Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

STMicroelectronics President and CEO Carlo Bozotti

Carlo Bozotti

Pros
  • Very good work life/balance - Good team spirit in general(in 70 reviews)

• good working environment in few groups for self-motivated people(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Few career opportunities, low salary compared to Italy's average for graduates(in 12 reviews)

• Conservative decision making after taken long time to arrive de-risk(in 10 reviews)

It gave me nice exposure to professional Background. It helped me to grow professionally as well as personally.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greater Noida (India)

ProsVery good culture, Flexibility in work, and benefits provided by company is very great. They take care of their employees very well.

ConsSome departments lack to give responsible work to Interns . It could be because they don't want to take any kind of risk.

Potential to be a great company consistently messed up by lack of leadership, strategy & direction.

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsFor someone outside of Europe, a fantastic place for multi-cultural experience, particularly for business owners wanting experience dealing with international organizations.
    The guys in Grenoble lot better than rest of the Europe.
    If the BUs put their determination behind something, wonders can happen. eg., MEMs, power mgmt, etc.

ConsThe Director level mgmt needs a forklift change. Most have scant idea how to run/grow a business.
    The leadership has no idea how to create a strategy to run a huge org; once in a while a hit comes along to save grace.
    Huge dependence at all levels on who you know to get the job done. There are hardly any processes to run a multi-segment businesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo succeed, stop laying off US employees & remove the guarantees of lifelong-jobs in Europe. Start instilling high-performing leadership in key BUs to demonstrate performance based success.
    Reward based on performance metrics as opposed to seniority & who you know.
    Ask INSEAD to do a case study on why TI which was at the same position as STM has been able to do so successfully & implement the recommendations.

review

Prosgood work culture and activities

Consnot doing well in market always follower

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to start carrier only

Prod Eng (Current Employee)

ProsPossibility to learn for at least 2 years. Depending on group you can find excellent people. Possibility to travel even extensively

ConsNo meritocracy , none possibility to grow. Carrier opportunity just political defined.
    Low salary
    Top management absolutely inadequate.
    Abnormous size for marketing group

Advice to Senior ManagementRadical change, from top to medium management need. Offer real opportunity for each employee basing on meritocracy. Tasks ,owner must be better defined

felt like a dinosaur when I left ST but work life balance was good

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsWork life balance was good

ConsThe bell curved performance management review system. It was an unfair system. only the pets get promoted and good increment

Advice to Senior Managementstop your dinosaur thinking and try to catch up with the world!

Nice place to work

ProsWork-life balance is awesome. I learned many things in short period of time. Good people

ConsIt is located on the outskirts of delhi. But as the same time it is also peaceful.

Learning oriented organisation

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) Greater Noida (India)

ProsST is an excellent learning oriented organisation!

ConsSteady decline of its presence in the US market, hence not able to profit at the bulk of consumerism.

Good as a beginning

ProsGood opportunities for learning for people starting a career.
    Flexible work hours, work-life balance is good.

ConsLower than market rate salary.
    No training (unless you are extremely lucky).

A company with stable market but less career opportunities

DSP Systems Design Engineer (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsJob security is good in general; you can have a good work-life balance; not too much pressure and you can enjoy the flexible work environment.

ConsThe challenge is normally you cannot find challenge easily here; in general it's difficult to find passion in your work, so I won't recommend it to young people with ambitions and energy.

ST offered good career evolution. I'm happy not to be part of it anymore as company culture has deteriorated strongly.

IT Engineer (Former Employee) Geneva (Switzerland)

ProsInternational company: career evolution, compensation and benefits, good working conditions on some sites. Used to be a friendly company and atmosphere.

ConsNot anymore a market leading company, reacting to the market conditions with lay-offs.
    Failed to innovate.
    No HR strategy, no trainings, not taking care of human resources anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency. Change top manager who failed in their missions.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!