STMicroelectronics

STMicroelectronics Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

STMicroelectronics President and CEO Carlo Bozotti

Carlo Bozotti

Pros
  • Very good work life/balance - Good team spirit in general(in 70 reviews)

• good working environment in few groups for self-motivated people(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Few career opportunities, low salary compared to Italy's average for graduates(in 12 reviews)

• Conservative decision making after taken long time to arrive de-risk(in 10 reviews)

Respect for man´s life and dignity

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsVery nice working environment. People are very gentle. This company allows some level of independent work. It has a lot of information to learn new skill.

ConsThis company is very stable. Decision is made slowly, there are not much opportunities for changing carrier. There are many rule and regulation.

Device Engineer

Device Engineer (Former Employee) Rousset, Bouches-du-Rhône, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

ProsThis company has great values (Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility is enforced), and the management trully believes in these values. I started in this company and I learnt a ton. I was regularly offered new missions to keep on learning, to keep on moving. HR policies are among the best I have witenessed: transparency, communication, and most of the time good listening skills. Even the salaries and benefits are good (for the region I was working in).

ConsThere is no real high management; however, HR reps told me there was a plan to put in place a proper high potential system in place in the next few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less techies, and more business oriented.

Good experience to work here

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsThe staff welfare not bad.

ConsHopefully the company can progress better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Management Team in planning and execution, very limited opportunity in career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReasonable good benefit. Relative stable amount of AWS and Variable bonus expected yearly, regardless of market volatility. Good work-life balance.

ConsA lot of training programs, but that is being discouraged to practise for work and not really useful for future career advancement. Culture that reward sweet talk people, and not for people with good working quality. Too much focus on seniority. Management team looking at output but not quality and very short sighted. Very tedious procedure and paperwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and listen to the feedback from employees, respect everybody from operators to managers for the professionalism and skills. It is not about all the systems to access performance and asking for survey yearly, but how sincere that management want to get the company to be better. If all effort is to please the bosses only, everything heard is sweet but actually bitter.

sales account manager

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Seoul (South Korea)

ProsDiversity of products allows access to various electronics industries. Job security to be high.

ConsStagnated management and biz management behavior to be narrow-scoped.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequired to provide more incentives in terms of salary & biz spectrum.

Good company on the decline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsWork life balance if you're under Business Group.

ConsLousy benefits
    Very stingy if you're under APAC HR.

it's good to work in this multi-culture company, really learnt something but poor management

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Prosmulti-culture working environment, friendly colleague

Conspoor management , especially some department

Advice to Senior Managementalways change organization...no idea big boss's doing

Too much office politics

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsSerious company, good job security, good work-life balance

Constoo much office politics, too many meetings, hard to make choose move

Good to settle in, but not one to build you carrier

Technical Leader (Current Employee) Greater Noida (India)

ProsExcellent work life balance and HR practices, Good team spirit and team bonding,
    Decent Salary
    Great work culture, Employee engagement and participation.

ConsThis is not a good company to start your carrier with.
    The quality of work and project management practices is not up to industry standards.
    Technologies used are not keeping up with time and often you will find yourself working on obsolete technologies.
    Vertical growth is hard to achieve. Saturation at top level.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture innovation and invest in the technical growth of your people. These are the reason which got you where you are.

Good working experience

Application Engineer (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGood work life balance and benefits.
    Good training from knowledgeable supervisors.
    Support for ideas if you got the right manager.

ConsSlow and sometimes unclear progression.
    Semiconductor industry has little room for growth without major restructuring. Need to re-focus in light of competition from China.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure properly and implement the right changes and not just for the sake of restructuring.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!