SYKES

www.sykes.com

Working there now

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingstree, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kingstree, SC (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back paid training opportunity for growth if your a hard worker and have some character. Great positive environment opportunity to work independently.

Cons

low pay, poor technology tools and systems.
    The systems of accountability are taxing signing out on a telephone even though your on an electronic punching (not on the phone) is'nt reliable. If im on the phone and your system on the phone says i'm not there when i am it's a hassle to get an email about time missed while the time clock shows i'm present is a hassle again software challenges and systems being faulty affects employer credibility with employees.

Update software on computers used to assist customer better, internet browsers ,windows operating system etc.

Great for entry level

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Langhorne site has access to public transportation. I started as a CSR with little experience and lots of enthusiasm. I have been promoted and have grown with the company. Every job has its pros and cons, Sykes is a great company to get you experience in the field so you can move on to bigger and better.

Cons

many Supervisors do not posses ANY management skills. they are out for them selves and play favorites. Keep your head down and stay out of the drama.

Hold supervisors accountable!

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate it all and continue to work towards continuous improvement for our employment environment.

Lifescan customer service rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Amherst, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Amherst, NY (US)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

The call center is nice and everyone is cooperative. They give you $5 Tim Horton cards when you receive a compliment call from a customer.

Cons

The customer reps are underpaid.The hourly pay should be higher for the bilingual reps. They also don't appear to give raises and you can only get a raise if you are promoted.

Good company

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Good supervisors who are willing to answer your questions and help you.
    Work from home which is great!

Cons

Pay could be better for certain positions, but its work from home so that is a huge plus!
    Not always steady work- if your position is seasonal there is not a guarantee to be another position available right away.

N/A

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you. We appreciate the feedback and consistently look for ways to support our employees.

Great!

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Great team! Great pay! Awesome growth

Cons

Not a lot of help when you need it. And late nights.

Please don't forever us CSR'S

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for the great feedback. Every bit helps us improve as an employer.

Great company just low pay and no benefits

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

I love this company, most especially the gaming project, as they have truly gone above and beyond to make work /life balance to work. This company believes in promoting from within and tries to develop everyone into success.

Cons

The highest paid project is 10 an hr at start with the highest pay being 13 an hr after you remain a yr in what is known as a top performer program. Additionally they company only offers full benefits to those who are directly work for corporate such as management, human resources, and other support positions.

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for your feedback. We are listening and looking for ways to continously improve.

Good company depending on program and location. It is an entry level workplace to earn experience for better careers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The "People First" ideology is really being embraced at the location that I work at and there is opportunity for movement as long as you apply yourself. Local administration cares for its employees and agents, and they host focus groups monthly to listen to the agents without their supervisors being present so that the agents can freely provide feedback without fear of retaliation. The company is making good progress.

Cons

The main issues are difficult for a company. Being a third-party outsourcing company (business process outsourcing), we handle inbound calls, outbound calls, email, chat, etc. for a lot of different clients who pay for our services if they cannot, or choose not to, host their own service lines. Naturally, that equals lower wages of $9 to $11 on average because there isn't much room for increase based on contracts. The benefits aren't the best and the paid time off favors the lower wage earners, regardless of your position with the company.

This is for upper management. Changing the Paid Time Off program to eliminate hours of agents/employees based on wage is unfair. If an agent has worked hard to merit an increase over time, they should not receive less paid time off than a new agent who has barely a few months.

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for the detailed feedback. This truly helps us in our efforts to improve as an employer.

Good opportunities for learning if you are at your first job

I worked at SYKES

Pros

good learning opportunities and nice colleagues

Cons

not too many growth opportunities for senior manager positions

Great job with great opportunities!!

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love Sykes! I started out in the Maintenance department at Sykes in Malvern, AR. I have been given opportunity after opportunity to grow, learn, and develop as I learned reception duties, recruiting duties, and HR systems. I have had the opportunity to build relationships with people all over the country. I get to train, help, and support folks on the front lines working with our customers...the CSA's. I love my job, my team, my boss, and my sites! I love what our local Sykes' does for our community by offering great job opportunities with great pay and benefits for our area. I also love to see all the great work we do to support our local schools and organizations that help those less fortunate. Finally, I love the Employee Relief Fund that was started this last year. I love the idea of employees helping other employees in need.

Cons

I don't take the benefits because i get a better deal with my husband's employer, but they are good if you don't have other options.

I am truly enjoying my experience with Sykes-- the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The reasons to work at Sykes would be the pay, benefits, location, the people, and the environment. If you are looking for a career opportunity with advancement opportunities then Sykes is the place to be. Personal growth is inevitable because it teaches you how to deal with people. You learn a lot about yourself by dealing with others. Sykes is a place where you can learn discipline, determination, and dedication. I truly believe that being with Sykes, I have learned that even with personal and professional growth- it's not a race. Sure we are a fast paced environment but at the end of the day, it's not all about being swift but enduring til the end.

Cons

Some challenges you will face in your journey with Sykes is that some people will have their own opinions about Sykes. The atmosphere is not for everyone and the job (in its entirety) is not for everyone; so with that, you will have a lot of negative feedback. If a person lacks discipline, determination, dedication, integrity, and moral standards then success in the business will not be an option.

The only advice I would give to management is that you must keep believing in yourself and your dreams. The common goal is success.