SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility (in 19 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Unorganized and Stressful

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC (US)

ProsWas great in beginning Felt welcome Seem like the perfect job I thought why wouldn't anybody want to work here. Mentioned bonuses and overtime but only if your scores are goal. They give away a lot of prizes for incentives.

ConsFor a while was unable to get my pay stub at first it was only for certain reasons you could get. Still unable to access of my own accord. Managers act funny when your doing well they love you when your not its like you don't exist. Managers have no respect for employees they fuss people out on the regular.Dont follow procedures only when convenient to them. They act differently when the client is there. Supposedly its a paperless environment but force paper at your desk. Communication is so far off. Different rules for different people. They judge your performance off of what you cant control.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow respect Don't yell or sabotage your employees

It's a joke

Call Center Agent (Current Employee) Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)

ProsThe pay is not THAT bad and coworkers are really nice. Thats all. Really.

ConsStressful, customers are abusive, change of queue non-stop with a day of calls back to back then the day after nearly nothing, the blind leading the blind *Really, the supervisors are terrible*

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the supervisors are people who have worked in the departement for more than one week... I don't care if they can small talk and calm the employe, if they cannot help with the system and know nothing about what is the job on the floor, they are worth nothing.

i'm a freshman so i have to gather more experience

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Prosgood team members, flexible working plan, avarege salary, moderate working,

Conshard to make a carier, not so much opportunity to learn, after a littel time it becomes borring

Advice to Senior Managementhelp the employes to gather more experience and to evolve in a faster rate

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sykes the company that doesn't give a shiet...

Hp Commercial Printer Technician (Current Employee) Ed, Västra Götaland (Sweden)

ProsEasy to get a job.

that's all the pro's i can find.

ConsThe training i got was almost non existent.
    Supervisors are never there to help and they are clueless
    you are being treated as a joke, no one takes you serious.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employee's better maybe they will stay longer then the contract demands.

When you promote employee's make sure they have some brain at least,

If you are promoting the job by telling all the awesome stuff you can do in you break like pool, PlayStation, darts, then it should at least work... the pool table defies the laws of physics and pool cues are held together by duct-tape, the playstation are missing a controller, the darts have no tips.

fire all of your IT department they are doing nothing and are so stuck up without having any reason to be that, can't even get a new RJ45 cable cuz apparently there are none available....

Terrible

CSR (Current Employee) Malvern, AR (US)

ProsIncentives for sales. If you sell, you get paid, if not, don't work here.

ConsUpper Management, organization, favoritism, salary, training, equipment, location, security, call flow, indecisiveness, must I go on?

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your management better, a faulty leader is what leads to a faulty staff, which is why I wouldn't suggest working here at all. Treat employees better instead of acting as if they could be replaced at all times, maybe then your attrition rate would lower. Learn to give yearly raises like most other companies. You work here 6 months, get a raise, then three years later still at that same pay you were at at the 6 month mark. If you want a career, don't work here.

DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Lakeland, FL (US)

ProsNot much to say here. This company is a joke and a rip off to AT&T. The only pro I can thing of is it's a job but you're better off working at a fast food restaurant.

ConsAT&T must have a ton of money to throw away. If I were in corporate with AT&T I would wonder why I am paying Sykes $20,000 per employee. It's more that obvious that Sykes takes advantage of this agreement with it's extremely poor training and laughable management. This company has a revolving door when it comes to it's employees. Hired one day simply because they passed the mirror test (if the mirror fogs up you're breathing and hired) then fired after training because they don't have a clue as to what they are doing. How does this make sense to anyone with a brain?

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good hard look at your training. Hire trainers that know how to spell and speak proper English.

slave wages

CSP (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

Prosworking from home does save some money

Consindifferent management and high turnover

Advice to Senior Managementraise salaries

The people you work with are your only incentive.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL (US)

ProsSteady paycheck, competition, flexible shifts

ConsOutdated equipment, unfriendly front office, disgusting bathrooms, no appreciation

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to spend a week as a CSR or Team Manager to really understand your employees. You have no idea.

Leadership

Technical Trainer (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC (US)

ProsOpportunities, friendly environment, good location

ConsMiscommunication, contradicted policies, organization and schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is one of the important keys for success.

Positive, but not paid enough.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsFlexible work environment. Exceptional leadership.

ConsThe pay isn't commensurate with the job requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the salary caps, promote faster, reward success and punish failure.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!