SYKES

www.sykes.com

Higher Learning

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Great Place to develop your career

Cons

You will feel in love with the company

Dream Job, dream company-Hands down!

Former Employee - Customer Service Gaming Specialist in Terre Haute, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Gaming Specialist in Terre Haute, IN (US)

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has a strong sense of seeing each employee prosper and develop into the best agent you can possibly become! As long as you keep your supervisor in the loop and communicate, you should not have a single complaint!

Cons

There is no room for technological issues in this or any work at home position. With that being said the position can be very stressful due to the company's systematic issues on a daily basis, which can make an already stressful job-a horrible experience!

Fix the system issues and develop support or a more feasible window for employees when they too have tech issues due uncontrollable circumstances.

Pretty good job opportunity for working from home.

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has been very good about following doctors orders as far as my work restrictions go. There are bonuses to be made of either unpaid time off or cash depending on how many hours you work. Lots of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Low pay compared to other similar customer service jobs. Have to work 3,000 hours before you get a raise of $0.05/hr. Company does not pay for your internet or phone service & some needed equipment for the job (but it's a tax deduction).

Long hours are hard in this type of position are, especially when calls are nonstop. One 10 min break per 1.5 to 2 hours worked is good for this type of job.
    Systems go down a lot & it gets very frustrating when we are told that we must report every minute not accounted for by the phone system, even though we don't get paid for any outage less than 15min.
    I spend more time having to notify the support team and copy my team lead on everything I do than it takes to just help my customers. Then we are told that we are expected to follow up with customers & be sure their issues are resolved but not allowed to have time to work on issues unless customer is on the phone with us but expected to keep calls down to 8 min. Very challenging.

Great facilities, low or no increase

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Facilities are great. They have great processes and workflows that i am able to apply to my current job.

Cons

salary increase are minute even with promotion. Learning and development services only for managers.

Bring back the annual appraisals and not profit sharing.

I really liked working there!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grundy, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Grundy, VA (US)

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Good pay for the work you do, dress the way you want to except on days that important people was going no to be there you had to dress fancy.

Cons

After training I got the hours from 4pm to 2am. I HATED those hours, to hard on people during the scoring part of the calls.

Lighten up on the call scores, not every call can Be less than 5 min and perfect!

Very laid back type of job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bismarck, ND (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bismarck, ND (US)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

I enjoy being able to work from home. The benefits are nice and other job opportunities to work from the comfort of your home.

Cons

Maybe just the idea being your working from home, you do not see anyone face to face, it is all online based, No office to go to.

Always keep us informed what may be happening.

Great company with great leadership and wonderful people - Allows you to grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love my job and the work I do. The team is great. I cannot say enough about the people - they are wonderful in so many ways: smart, hardworking, honest. Company leadership has solid plans for growth and they invest in their people! What's not to love?

Cons

I am a tough "grader," but I honestly cannot find anything that is lacking.

Keep doing what you are doing. It is obvious that you care.

Assist mobile customers with accounts.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR (US)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great bonuses just take a while to get them

Cons

Gets repatitive and hold quick

Have weekly challenges

I was able to harness my people and client management skills as well as understand the processes in a BPO industry.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Mandaue City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Mandaue City (Philippines)

I worked at SYKES

Pros

The benefit was good for the employee and for the family and the client and management ensure that the employee is equipped with the skills before they are placed in a job. The training is comprehensive as well as the certification process. The time off for a vacation leave is 20 days for the first year and 30 on the succeeding years while the sickness leave is 20 days. Of these total 50 days, 20 days can be converted to cash if the employee will not be able to use it. There are performance incentives that run weekly, monthly, quarterly and a merit increase annually. The company encourages internal hiring for vacant positions, thus employees who have good performance has a huge chance to be promoted. Prior to this there are developmental activities that would improve whatever inherent skills an employee has. Overall, aside from a working shift, the rest are great.

Cons

I am working on an overnight shift for almost 9 years because the client is in the US region so the time zones are just opposite.

So far there is a win-win situation so the management just needs to continue programs that promote work-life balance.

Not a very friendly environment,some of the students were given more attention than others.

Former Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at SYKES

Pros

No commute.Nothing else .Don't waste your time.

Cons

Low pay, Poor training, unreasonable demands and schedules, Favoritism,Unprofessional talks and conducts. You are better off working at a store as a sales rep.

Pay more for the stressful job