Sam's Club

1,246 Reviews
1,246 Reviews

Sam's Club President and CEO Rosalind G. Brewer
Rosalind G. Brewer

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits are possible while improving your customer service skills (in 49 reviews)

• Decent pay if your salaried compared to other retailers (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • As management sometimes work/life balance is not where it needs to be (in 32 reviews)

• Also it is very difficult to get a full time position unless you're willing to work overnight (in 57 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Benefits are great across the board. 401k Stock insurance vacation

Cons

I really have no major complaints. They ask you to work which is at any job right?

Stressful

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Good coworkers and you can leave early once your work is done.

Cons

Management is very disorganized and always finds ways to make your job harder.

Unwelcoming

Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Electronic Sales Associate

I have been working at Sam's Club part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sam's Club has really competitive wages. It's probably one of the higher paying places in town if you're looking for a job that you don't necessarily need experience or education for. You also get holiday pay after working for three months there. Also, depending on what department you are in, there is a lot less stress than there has been in other jobs that I have had. They also have days where they treat the employees with food for having so many accident free days or they get a cake for the month's birthdays, and the break room is pretty nice. Overall, if you are looking for a place to work just part time and you have set days in mind already, it's good to get some extra money.

Cons

It is incredibly hard to actually get benefits while working in sam's club due to the fact that they make it a point to not give a lot of employees full time, so even though you may be making more hourly, you could be making a lot more somewhere else full time even though it might pay a little bit less and again, you get no benefits. It is also harder to work two jobs because there are no set schedules and changing availability can get your hours cut. Also, in my personal experience, I have not felt very welcomed working in my department. There is a lot of favoritism, a lack of communication and trust between employees, and a lot people that are put in higher positions and treat the people under them in a not so great way. I know that steps are being put into making sure that there is no favoritism, but those steps that were put in to prevent favoritism are very easy to bypass.

Happy employees equals harder working employees and employees are a lot happier when they get along with their coworkers. Train your team leads and managers on how to deal with employees that are having problems and also giving them training on how to speak to their fellow associates in a way that makes them feel valued and appreciated rather than in demeaning ways. Make sure that people that are in charge are going through with their training, by speaking to all of the associates as regularly as possible and asking how they are doing and if they have any issues with anything going on would be a really great idea. Especially when someone is newly promoted.

Okay company to work for. Not the greatest at treating employees fairly.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Canton, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Canton, MI (US)

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

You get a free membership and they do have yearly profit sharing bonuses depending on how your club is profitting.

Cons

They tend to do a lot of reconstruction of job positions with their employees which doesn't always allow for people to keep a job.

Treat your employees better.

Great experience for first time job

Former Employee - Tire Technician in Katy, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Tire Technician in Katy, TX (US)

I worked at Sam's Club

Pros

Nice people
    Good salary
    Good benefits
    Plenty of job opportunities

Cons

Long hours or no hours depending on where you are working.
    the management can make or break the store.

Try and connect with employees more

An okay part-time job

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Flexible Hours, they cater to what you want and need. I go to school full time, and I still get my hours because they work around my schedule.

Cons

The way some people get full time is corrupt. Instead of picking the best worker, they have to give full time to the associate that doesn't cut their hours when told, and bullies their way into it.

Opportunity without boundaries

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Opportunity, personal growth, work-life balance are all perks. Leadership is open to ideas and you can determine your own success by how you navigate relationships, exposure and experiences.

Cons

Not many Cons with working here.

Pretty Good Job!

Current Employee - Meat Associate in Winterville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Meat Associate in Winterville, NC (US)

I have been working at Sam's Club full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is pretty good. Really good people to work around

Cons

cold conditions with sometimes unreachable goals.

Company in decline.

I have been working at Sam's Club

Pros

Friendly environment, decent starting pay for new hires. Generally flexible with shifts and time off.

Cons

Small pay increase each year. Terrible management. Throw you in any department during any shift with no compensation or gratitude. After years of employment, direct competitors have better salary.