Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Schneider Electric President and CEO Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Jean-Pascal Tricoire

Pros
  • Schneider Electric offer a good work life balance environmental situation(in 104 reviews)

• Good benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • We are told to have work life balance but cannot leave earlier than boss(in 21 reviews)

• Making it hard for career growth and advancement even if you were trained for next position(in 17 reviews)

Engaging, challenging and inspiring

Strategy Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe people are truly wonderful, the opportunities exist but you need to push to make them happen.

Consa limited view of the total capabilities of the organisation is held by many.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe answer is not always a number!

meet with customers

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

Prosget to do what you want

Constoo much red tape and porcesses to follow

Relaxed working culture, and no defined requirements to work on

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsRelaxed work atmosphere
    No work pressure
    9-5 job

Consno defined requirement, in fact unclear requirements
    No technical challenges, laid back work culture.
    Not much scope of progress
    More autocratic culture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ENERGY

ProsUnlimited Career Growth and Opportunities. Good Work-Life Balance. Great place to work. Great company to start with. Lots of benefits. Overseas training opportunities and many more.

ConsCadetship training is at developmental and experimental stage.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake Specific Development Plan for Fresh Grads and Cadets.

Good place

Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsGreat people, global outreach, interesting opportunities to develop, great work-life balance

Conslower salaries, slow career progression

Geat products, great people to work with !

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Grenoble (France)

ProsReasonable compensation and great people to work with, great freedom in defining your work schedule and strategy within the position.

ConsLack of cross functionnal communication due to a new matricized organization. French work laws keeps the french entity from getting rid of non motivated employees..

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the engagement and communication with employees, especially concerning the business strategy and objectives which may appear flodded at times

Great place to work as a young professional.

ProsGreat work/life balance. Good benefits and great people!

ConsThe offices are sometimes located in the suburbs, which can make commuting a little challenging.

Global specialist in energy management offering endless opportunities for career development.

Buyer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for job growth, very competitive benefits, flexible work schedules, and a multitude of office locations are only the start of the great things about working for Schneider. I love going into work every day and knowing that I am actively contributing to making our earth a more sustainable place.

ConsSome people have complained that they don't make enough money, but I have been satisfied with my compensation. Also, office politics can get in the way of progress sometimes, but I am sure that is true of many places.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold more town-hall style meetings to get feedback from the "soldiers on the ground." Many of us have great ideas to contribute!

My experience....6.5 yrs

Anonymous (Current Employee) West Kingston, RI (US)

ProsGood benefits, Nice people; Much potential to expand and grow; Good employee perks

ConsToo many young people with little to no experience; Career growth is only possible if you have connections; Everything is controlled by sales; No process is ever followed; Angry customers threaten to take business elsewhere; Lack of ethic and responsibility from the newer college grads. If management actually listened or read the surveys, they would know this. Their idea of corporate life is not for simple, family-oriented individuals. Every day is like high school all over again. I miss professionalism and seeing hard work pay off.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop hiring know it all team leaders who know nothing about the work, because it only hurts the teams! Help your employees grow, not just talk about it. It doesnt matter how many jobs are open, if the managers get to choose friends over others. Offer skills training classes and be the leaders that we believe you are. Everyone likes their job, but were starting to feel like a number.

Excellent work atmosphere

Construction Manager (Former Employee) Qaţār (Iran)

ProsGreat Place to work and good management

ConsChanges everyday and appraisals take time. Salary packages grade wise. Not better employee gets more

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!