Siemens

www.siemens.com

Siemens Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Joe Kaeser

Pros
  • They seek to help you with your professional development and are flexible with your work/life balance(in 65 reviews)

• The work environment is also very nice and inviting(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management tried to prompt younger guys for better control(in 20 reviews)

• difficult to get the work-life balance in the Indian environment(in 9 reviews)

Great place to work

Business Improvement (Current Employee) Newcastle, England

ProsLarge multi National which is full of opportunities provided you work hard and apply yourself. Good management / employee relationships.

ConsVery large - you can feel lost at times and communication is often difficult from top to bottom with the message not always getting through.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent global communication with Mr Kaesar was a unique event but showed a willingness to ensure the global messages were heard by all. More of the same but at different senior management levels (I.e. country or sector leads) would also help the communication machine in such a large.business.

Very good though it last only for 2 months

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood to work, friendly environment

ConsNothing wrong in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Great Experience, nice company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work culture, big brandname

Consadministrative style of working, head office having powers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

an empire where successive generations of Erlangen Germans play with the rest of the company like cats with the mice.

ProsInternational exposure and collaboration
    Organized workplace conditions
    Looks good on the CV
    Good car policy, good benefits when moving somewhere within the company

ConsNo leadership positions are available to non-Germans,
    Diversity exists only on paper
    Company is in Chaos, all are holding on to their chairs.
    Kaeser turns back time and brings back the old ways of doing business.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is now for Germans only, quickly losing the international character once existing under Loescher. Undo that, and you will have brilliant people working for you again.
    Get rid of half the German and Austrian workforce and you will still be respected.
    Get rid of Mobility before it is too late.
    MandA needs to be faster, and better managed. The company needs products and solutions so that they can sell!
    Think of ways how to cluster Project Delivery and Execution; it cannot be too centralized; it cannot be managed only locally either, or you lose out on synergies, and lose control over corruption in South Asia!

Good Engineering

Designer (Former Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsFantastic Opportunities for design, total commitment to doing it right

ConsBig Company Inertia, long time to move projects into commercialization

Long term positions at Siemens

Not Willing (Current Employee) North Willingham, England

ProsIf are in corporate or professional services, then position is fairly safe.

ConsIf in any other division (such as Managed Services) then your days are numbered.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees that are actually onsite doing the work rather than looking at the numbers on a sheet of paper.

Decent but unspectacular engineering grad program

Graduate Product Engineer (Current Employee) Poole, England

ProsSolid management, good technology, and a decent vision for growth given the department served a very developed market.
    Some of the good aspects of working for a large company did come through, e.g. HR processes (e.g. pay) were well structured.
    Good opportunity for career development.
    Tight control of project/time from the top down

ConsSiemens UK feels less like an engineering giant, and more like a collection of medium sized companies. , but there wasn't much synergy/knowledge exchange between business units.
    The large project I happened to be on was troubled, so for me it was a stressful environment, but I don't believe this to be widespread.
    The training provided to graduates varies a lot depending on the character of the job - some people got weeks of training, but as a software developer I didn't rate any.

Advice to Senior ManagementI felt there was too much competition between business units, which prevented them from sharing resources and technology. I felt that this came from the top down - I suspected directors were rewarded for the performance of their unit compared to others, rather than it's market competitors.

Very Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sheffield, England

ProsOne of the best reasons to work for Siemens MT is the excellent travel opportunities and the advancement within Siemens' different divisions and not just MT. The place has excellent support structure with regards to colleagues supporting you. Flexible working hours and an understanding management are also excellent features.

ConsSimple things can be made quite complicated when working for Siemens MT as there are a large number of procedures that staff have to follow. This is helped by the fact that there are staff that are there to help you on these tasks.

I worked at Siemens full-time for 14 years.

Consultant (Former Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsGood company for working in India, good benefits and good working place. Anyway it is good to work here.

ConsManagement is not good :(.
    Be active otherwise without any reason management can sack you or layoff people without any notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should not sack or layoff people without any reason. Should me friendly. Management's fail your should not put on employees.

Very good

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsOutside benefits, got promoted in 2 years, great workplace

ConsThe only bad part about this job is the travelling I had to do. I had to travel to Munich several times.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!