Sitel

Sitel Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana

Bert Quintana

Pros
  • It's work from home which can make it worthwhile initially(in 17 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This call center is the absolute definition of micro-management(in 14 reviews)

• 9/hr for a customer service position; the same job with another company could earn you(in 7 reviews)

SiTEL has lots of promise but needs better management

Programmer Manager (Former Employee) Kingston upon Hull, England

ProsFast moving environment.
    Exciting changes that drive the company foward.
    Great team to work with and plenty of opportunity to move around the world.
    Every day there is somenthing new happening and while I worked at Sitel there were many very big changes that drove the business foward.
    The offshoring business had just opened up and there was many new projects coming on line to support the new offshore business . This meant that there were many new opportunities for overseas travel to India and the Philipinnes on a very regular basis.

ConsLow pay, poor HR department and poor performance management culture that does not give you objectives or reward good performance. Random promotion prospects.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the HR management structure and bring in a team who are abble to put in place a positive reward structure.

Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) Kingston upon Thames, England

ProsUse of computer in canteen

ConsNo perks no benefits high staff turnover

You are treated as a number

Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) Exeter, England

Prosgood training, nice people, big company, easy to make friends

Consno empathy for the employees, we were just a number, we were disposable to them, they have fired loads of people, they are just finding excuses to fire people, they told one employee "you are agency and easier to fire".

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people steady jobs, more understanding and support, one minute late can not be helped some times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor

Technical Support (Current Employee) Exeter, England

ProsSalary is ok for a low end job. catering facilities are ok 15p for a coffee. No strick work uniform needs to worn which is positive for me may not be to everyones taste. some of the people are pretty down to earth..

ConsTraining is bad, Trainers are very poorly trained to be trainers.Toilets keep getting blocked and no spare toilets available had to use the one in the cafe across the road. No positive feedback from the management and no integration from the management..

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to talk to staff more frequently

Technical Support (Former Employee) Exeter, England

Pros.. Very friendly
    .. Recruitment process is pretty straight forward
    .. Good client base
    .. Workable time structure

Cons.. Lack of experienced superiors
    .. No structure
    .. Poor salary
    .. More trainings will be an advantage
    .. Career growth is very limiting.. People are rarely promoted based on performance

Advice to Senior Management.. Invest more in organizational structure

Jon

ProsThere are none at the minute

ConsPoor management and the like

My First Full Time Job

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsI like the overtime. I really need it and it is there for me much of the time. Sometimes there are incentives to earn time off if you work overtime. Not having to spend money on gas is really nice. It has helped hone my communication-skills and work under pressure. Customer service isn't really that hard when you actually know the material. I can live on my wages as a single person in an apartment, and there are periodic raises, so that's nice. I haven't made any attempts to move up, but they haven't been hiring for management for my campaign yet.

The managers listen to you, answer questions is as a timely manner as they can, and generally improve things that need to be improved, although a bit slowly. They are always bombarded with stuff and sometimes you have to remind/ask them twice, but as long as you really show you care you will earn favor with them. Being proactive in your learning, and creative with the tools you are given and seeing how far you can bend the rules for the customer with the manager's approval will show that you care, and earn you favor. With enough planning, you can travel to other states for stays and bring your equipment with you and do the job from there as long as you still work your shift.

Sometimes the steps and procedures don't make ANY sense. but generally the management is very receptive to changing procedures that don't make any sense, or providing solutions for them in other creative ways.

ConsThere is a TON of stuff that you have to learn and you are always updating and refreshing your knowledge. This can be a real challenge. The official information-sources aren't updated as much as they should be and you have to be a sleuth sometimes to really dig and find information from a multitude of sources, ask a lot of questions and synthesize them into a comprehensible package for the person on the other end. I feel like there is a lot of wasted energy just finding the answer to a simple, albeit obscure question. There is a lot of red tape to execute some functions that shouldn't need it, but are abused by those who don't know what they are doing.

They don't give much time off - I would rather start off with a certain amount of time off banked per quarter/year or something but I guess this is the trade off with the amount of overtime and the stability of the job.

The technology can be slow, which can cut in to handle time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart scheduling group-refresher sessions for agents outside of training, and/or perhaps a weekly meeting to clarify policies and procedures, and answer questions that might have come up during the week.

Educate agents as to the WHY behind policies and procedures so that the agents can answer the more piercing questions customers ask. I think that once people understand the why, they will be more apt to remember and execute the "how." Just my two cents.

Good People

ProsThe people are dedicated and hard working. They support each other to provide the best for the customers they service daily. Teamwork is strong and supportive.

ConsPay for Performance does not exist. Hard working people are not recognized or fairly rewarded for their contributions. As with any large company, communication needs to be improved

it was a awesome company, hate they closed

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsAwesome overtime and standard health benefits. .,,

ConsHoliday and early morning high call volumes

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep a positive attitude with your team members

OK

ProsLaid Back thats pretty much it

ConsBosses think to much of them selves

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!