Sitel

Sitel Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana

Bert Quintana

Pros:
  • "i work from home so less stress then going into the office"
    in 11 reviews
  • "There aren't any, besides meeting some good people"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "This call center is the absolute definition of micro-management"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Wondering how you're supposed to produce great customer service and know your stats and whatnot"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

SiTEL has lots of promise but needs better management

Programmer Manager (Former Employee)
Kingston upon Hull, England

I worked at Sitel

ProsFast moving environment.
Exciting changes that drive the company foward.
Great team to work with and plenty of opportunity to move around the world.
Every day there is somenthing new happening and while I worked at Sitel there were many very big changes that drove the business foward.
The offshoring business had just opened up and there was many new projects coming on line to support the new offshore business . This meant that there were many new opportunities for overseas travel to India and the Philipinnes on a very regular basis.

ConsLow pay, poor HR department and poor performance management culture that does not give you objectives or reward good performance. Random promotion prospects.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the HR management structure and bring in a team who are abble to put in place a positive reward structure.

You are treated as a number

Technical Support Agent (Former Employee)
Exeter, England

I worked at Sitel full-time for less than a year

Prosgood training, nice people, big company, easy to make friends

Consno empathy for the employees, we were just a number, we were disposable to them, they have fired loads of people, they are just finding excuses to fire people, they told one employee "you are agency and easier to fire".

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people steady jobs, more understanding and support, one minute late can not be helped some times.

Technical Support (Former Employee)
Exeter, England

I worked at Sitel full-time for more than a year

Pros.. Very friendly
.. Recruitment process is pretty straight forward
.. Good client base
.. Workable time structure

Cons.. Lack of experienced superiors
.. No structure
.. Poor salary
.. More trainings will be an advantage
.. Career growth is very limiting.. People are rarely promoted based on performance

Advice to Senior Management.. Invest more in organizational structure

Poor

Technical Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sitel full-time for less than a year

ProsSalary is ok for a low end job. catering facilities are ok 15p for a coffee. No strick work uniform needs to worn which is positive for me may not be to everyones taste. some of the people are pretty down to earth..

ConsTraining is bad, Trainers are very poorly trained to be trainers.Toilets keep getting blocked and no spare toilets available had to use the one in the cafe across the road. No positive feedback from the management and no integration from the management..

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to talk to staff more frequently

Jon

I have been working at Sitel

ProsThere are none at the minute

ConsPoor management and the like

Wonderful experience of disciplined work

Technical Support (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Sitel full-time for less than a year

ProsSitel has a Stress free environment. Target management is very effective and even the work is pleasant.
Benefits for each and every factor are available. So even though the base salary is less , based on the employee's performance , a much higher salary is paid

ConsDid not notice any cons. Only thing I was concerned was the transport . It takes a lot of time to arrange transport after the workshift , which is a bit irritating

Banking customer service

Customer Service Representative Banking (Former Employee)
Las Cruces, NM (US)

I worked at Sitel full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt was a very fast paced environment, with plenty of calls coming in to keep you busy

ConsIt was very hard to do your job professionally when everyone is not treated as equal. The management plays favorites while the others bust their butts to do a great job without recognition. Everyone is not trained properly and it goes on deaf ears when trying to pass that info along. The parking is terrible and you need walking shoes just to travel from the parking lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementBigger building, closer parking and listen to the employees who are relaying issues with management. Most of them do not care!

Great Experience

ProsPeople, Environment, Team, Values, Support

ConsNothing to mention up to now

Great company

WFM (Current Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Sitel full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun work environment, development role, career role, procedures already established, motivation. Management can develop you very well for getting a position to continue growing. I like the environment, the way people treat you.

Consnot everyone get same opportunity, limited opportunities, no incentives within some departments

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivation and incentives in equal reason. Company values are getting stronger.

Good Company

I have been working at Sitel

ProsSolid track record, great company interaction with sourcers, diversity in the workplace, easy to get hired, convenient locations nationwide, great benefits

ConsHigh turnover rate, not very flexible with employees, very easy to get fired, some offices are great big high school/middle schools (in mentality that is), not family friendly

Advice to Senior ManagementSeveral of your employees are really dedicated to you. Do something nice for them!

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sitel reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sitel CEO Bert Quintana. All 264 reviews are posted anonymously by Sitel employees.