Situs

Add Photos

D. Keith Johnson

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A Growing, Vibrant Company

Commercial Real Estate Analyst - Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsFrom what I have seen at Situs, they are a company intent on being a leader in their industry. The company has been very profitable the past 2 years and has made a few strategic acquisitions to expand the business. They offer in-house training in the areas of professional education and self-development. I see a lot of similarities in this area with the Big 4 accounting firm where I previously worked. I have read the previous reviews and don't see the management dysfunction noted by some. In fact, the management works very interactively in setting up other internal groups with client leads. Management incentivizes marketing professionals to bring work to internal groups outside of their immediate specialties. I agree with others that the benefits are excellent. The compensation rewards high performers, so I can see where low performers might be frustrated with a merit based pay structure. If you are willing to work hard and advance your professional skills, Situs is a good place to work.

ConsManagement is extremely busy as they are continually focused on bringing in new business and meeting client deadlines. This is an area where management needs to be proactive, though I do see efforts to initiate dialogue. I find management is willing to spend time if I initiate the conversation.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow the business, but don't lose sight of your employee's contributions.

A sinking ship. Do not get on.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe review below did give me a nice laugh because it is obvious that it was not written by an employee.

ConsThe company is in the process of outsourcing many positions to Robbins, North Carolina including that of a Managing Director position. You will only make it in this company if you are part of the in-crowd. You are brought in significantly below market and you will be lucky to get a 2% increase after one year.

Advice to Senior ManagementSitus managements needs to spend less time posting positive reviews on Glassdoor like the one below, and instead focus on retaining their employees.

Don't Work Here Unless You Cannot Work Anywhere Else

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsNone, none, more none, and then again more no pros

ConsThis company is so disorganized and so bent on hiring people with little to no experience so they can pay as little as possible. If their clients knew how their work was being handled, they would be appalled and would certainly move their business to a much more reputable and well known servicing company. Upper management is so unprofessional and emotional that they fire people that are smarter then themselves so they do not look bad. This company is a joke and will be bust very soon. Don't waste your time or effort in working here as you will truly regret that you left another job the day you walk in the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all current upper management or you will see this company in the list of failed companies soon.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst experience ever!!! Never work here!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe people you work with are great. They work hard and are truly great people.

ConsEverything else. Management is so busy stabbing each other in the back that they are always covering their own and therefore, throwing all of their employees under the bus. They don't care about the employees at all. They are all about themselves and trying to figure out how they can make a bigger bonus. They do not listen to their employees and they are constantly looking for ways to screw their employees over.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying about caring about your employees and that you are willing to make a change to improve things when you are not. Stop allowing your CHRO to intimidate and manipulate situations to make herself look better. She truly is one of the biggest factors in the backstabbing and the lack of trust that everyone has for one another and everyone knows it but no one does anything to change it. Actually make changes and hold people accountable for their actions. Value what people do and what they bring to the table.

Hard work, great learning opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsExcellent company to learn a great deal of information.

Your work and effort is noticed and rewarded with more responsibility.

ConsThis company has gone through numerous layoffs in the past couple years. Some deserving some not. The pay is low considering the work load you are expected to handle.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo attract top applicants, you must pay a premium.

Hasn't been called The Situs Companies for a over 2 years now, new ownership. Called Situs now.

Vice President (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsNew owner is mortgage legend Lewis Ranieri. Old owners where disconnected and irrelevant, no wonder poor reviews. Company has expanded aggressively in US and Europe over past two years and is market leader in outsourced due diligence and retained risk loan servicing and asset management. Client list represents top banks and private equity firms globally. Situs is a good place for those looking for career exposer and an opportunity to learn.

ConsPoor reputation of prior owners have been challenge for company recruiting in Houston. Company has 11 offices in US and Europe.....culture is progressive, educational and supportive. wish there was a direct program for equity ownership by employees, although deferred comp plan put in place in '12 is a big step in the right direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementToot your own horn a little more. You guys survived the greatest market downturn in modern history, and came back stronger than you were before. good job, glad to be part of the team!

The change is huge - and all for the good

ProsGenerous Bonus payments
    Good salary
    Benefit package upgraded is now the best
    11 public holidays
    Above average vacations
    Great opportunities to transfer internally (domestic and international)
    Moving to new offices at the beginning of the Fall.

ConsHard work and occasional long hours.
    Sometimes, supervisors get so wrapped up in their own work they dont take the time to mentor junior staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the growth of Situs and the change in management we have seen a very pleasant change. Please keep it going.

This place sucks the Soul out of You!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsNone. And I must emphasize how bleak this company is.

ConsManagement is out of touch, arrogant, disrespectful and downright dangerous.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit before you get fired.

Great chance for growth..... if you last that long

Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat amount of holidays
    Lots of time off (if they allow you to take it)
    Good pay
    A lot of freedom to grow if you last long enough

ConsCompany claims to want to change from their old ways but any chance they get they go back to their old ways
    Very clicky and most people act like they are in high school. If the right people don't like you they will make your life hell
    Very high exceptions from management,

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow what you say and maybe look at the people you have running the place and how they treat other people

Do not work here!!!

ProsIntelligent co-workers
    Business-casual dress attire
    Some attempts by senior management to improve the business climate. The new CEO clearly has a better direction in my mind for the company. If he cleans out current senior management at the director level and above, in the future, this might be a more bearable place to work at.

ConsThey do not train you well and then get mad when you make mistakes. And on top of that, they won't even tell you that you are making errors! Younger employees are used as scapegoats by senior employees when things go wrong. Senior management at the Director level is unprofessional and unethical. They will lie to you and clients and speak about matters that should be discussed behind closed doors in front of a room of people. Investment banking type hours for below market salary. In summary, horrendous management, terrible hours, poor training, and back stabbing among piers. They set you up to fail and then fire you.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out management at the director level above and start over. Learn to care about what your employees think instead of using them as scapegoats when things go wrong. Learn ethics. Learn professional business conduct.

Worked for Situs? Contribute to the Community!