Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com
Engaged on Glassdoor

Floater=sewer/inspecter/zipper cell/double serger/coverlets/v-tech/pinner

Former Employee - Floater in Irmo, SC (US)
    Former Employee - Floater in Irmo, SC (US)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They dont mind letting you learn to do different things. Act all friendly to your face or while you are letting them make you work 4 or 5 different jobs in one night.

Cons

will not pay you what you are worth. will hire new people on and start them off making more money than the workers that have been there 3 years. If you aint in the "Buddy Buddy system" you are going NO WHERE. Supervisors have their pick of who is getting a certain job even before such job is posted and will start training that person before the job is posted, so that when it is posted, Their pick is already qualified for the job.Supervisors should step up and make their own decisions instead of listening to the line leads who are playing the system

Make some major changes at this plant.Make line leads learn every job on their line.

Jan 02, 2015Human Capital Operations Specialist

We appreciate your review and are disappointed that you did not have a good experience in our Irmo plant. Your feedback will be further reviewed here at the home office. Thank you again for taking ... More

Poorly run.

Former Employee - Sales Professional
    Former Employee - Sales Professional

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Money can be good at times but usually not. Store was close to my home so travel time was good.

Cons

Too many to list. Poor management from top to bottom. Upper management does not care about you or your family. Bottom line is all that matters. If you were lucky enough to hit your goal they just raise it the next month so it's impossible to hit again. Then if you don't hit your goal you get written up, too many write ups and you're fired. You are told that you will get a work schedule a few weeks in advance but usually it's only a few days before that month begins, also the schedule is always subject to change so good luck making plans to do anything. If you have a family especially small children look elsewhere for a job because you will never see them. I had to come home early from being out of town on vacation because my district manager decided last minute to have a meeting and everyone had to be there. Bottom line... This place is not a good place to work unless you like long hours with little payoff and no time for your family.

Care about your employees. They're not just names on a print out, they are people with lives and families. Pay more for the work they do.

Worst company to work for, they do not care about their employees.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MN (US)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is in a good location (corporate office).

Cons

Management is horrible. The company policies are disgusting, it is like being in Kindergarten again. My teen age daughter gets treated with more respect at her job that I do. Expected to do "catch up work" during your breaks and lunch, or you get talked to. No communication between management and employees, management is NEVER around to help out with questions/issues/problems. You get paid very little for what is expected of you.

Communicate with your employees. Be around to help.

Dec 12, 2014Human Capital

Thank you for your feedback. Your review has been shared with the appropriate parties within the organization.

commissions are VERY inconsistent

Current Employee - Sales Professional

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to sell product, easy to do demos. Former costumers will stop in and tell potential customers how great the product is. The flexible schedule is super nice.

Cons

After making quite a few monthly goals in a row the company decided that the goal should be double what my store sold last year. My district manager is useless. His idea of being a leader is having us email other stores in our district what we sell as we sell it all day and replies ba boom, pow or some other batman action word. Or if it's a slow day he'll try to make us feel guilty for the lack of sales and will literally try to put us on a guilt trip. Or worse yet he'll quote some motivational book he read.

If your going to extend the store hours you have to advertise that your doing that. No one ever comes to the store at 10 pm because they know the mall closes at 9. Also someone needs to get the multi store leaders more involved instead of just saying "boom" and "pow" every time someone sells something. Go back to the realistic goals of the last few months. This double last years sales is insane and disheartening. At least explain your logic instead of making bind demands.

Nov 21, 2014Human Capital

Thank you for providing some actionable feedback. I am interested in talking to you to understand some additional details. Please contact [email protected] Thank you!

Great products, sales process!

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Valencia, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Valencia, CA (US)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Selling of a product line and accessories that is extremely easy to believe in is a big +! Performance based compensation w/ a base salary allows for growth and stability. Key performers recognized publicly makes for a positive workplace environment. Sales staff is encouraged to try out the products at home and become owner's.

Cons

Individual goals and numbers not based on LY performance and appear to be completely arbitrary. Promotions from within are not always based on achievements numbers-wise at the store level.

Invest in more training of the store/district management to recognize the strengths/abilities/weaknesses of the retail staff and store leadership.

Not bad

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent, but not a lot of movement

Cons

lots of pressure, management rides hard.

It has been amazing

Current Employee - Store Manager in North Auburn, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in North Auburn, CA (US)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love improving peoples lives through individualizing Sleep Solutions!

Cons

Working every single holiday, even the little ones like Columbus day are all required, always no matter what

work in progress

Current Employee - Sales Professional

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As a sales professional I feel very comfortable recommending the high quality products in a low pressure sales environment. The products literally sell themselves.

Cons

Very flat management hierarchy, if you are reporting to a superior that you are not compatible with, your kind of stuck.

Exchange policy for bedding doesn't match the most progressive retailer. Customer service isn't keeping up with sales growth

Freedom to help the customer

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MN (US)

Pros

Management gives you the power to do what's best for the customer

Cons

Lack of communication between Home Delivery and customer service

Get rid of Xogistics

This is a very innovate company. They want to be the apple of beds.

Former Employee - HD Scheduler in Plymouth, MN (US)
    Former Employee - HD Scheduler in Plymouth, MN (US)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back environment. Great work culture. Good staff.

Cons

Parking. Lack of training to the stores. Lack of infrastructure in place during peak season.

Develop on online training portal to help stores and techs.

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Photos