Sodexo USA

www.sodexo.jobs

Sodexo USA Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Sodexo USA Group Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer, North America, On-site Services George Chavel

George Chavel

Pros
  • Sodexo has great benefits, including flexible work arrangements (in 19 reviews)

• Good benefits/Paid vacation/Sick time/401 K/Retirement (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management I feel does not care what so ever about us (in 18 reviews)

• There can be long hours and difficult tasks to complete (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Rochester, NY (US)

ProsExcellent staff and support team. Excellent working environment. Benefits and Bonuses and great too.

ConsThe constant travels from city to city while managing several accounts for the organization.

Advice to Senior Managementnone.

Work experience

General Manager (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA (US)

Prosgood support from senior management

Constoo much scripts to follows, too many programs you have to follows. feels like there is not much freedom

Nice Environment

ProsAbility to move in any direction within the company. Nice environment and nice people. Long hours may be considered a pro or a con. The job is what your make of it.

ConsDepending on where you work, there may be long hours. (but that can be a pro or a con)The job is what you make of it. It all depends on your attitude. There are good days and there are bad days.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, you may realize that they might be better suited elsewhere in your company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good job

Cashier (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Prosgreat pay , good company

Consnone its a good company .

Good for Students in Need of Part TIme

General Labor (Former Employee) Augusta, GA (US)

ProsGreat for students in need of work that fits around their school schedule.

ConsNot much opportunity to move upwards for students.

Horrible company to work for!

Child Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsI worked for Sodexo for 5 years. I loved my job for the first several years, and worked very hard for them despite being partially disabled. Only took two sick days in 5 years, both times on Doctor's orders.

ConsBy my 4th year there, I was approaching the $10-an-hour mark, and had become second-in-command at the Unit where I worked, Midway thru that 4th year, they cut my hours from 4.5 per day, to 2 hours a day, chalking it up to "cutbacks", despite the fact that I had seniority over everyone else at the unit where I worked (I had even been there longer than my supervisor at that time), and they never cut anyone else's hours...... at the same time, management began creating a hostile work environment, with all kinds of double standards and mind games. I ended up having a nervous breakdown and am now on full disability.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you've got someone who is loyal and hard-working, as I was, don't abuse them and by all means do everything you can to keep that person happy at their job!

Success built upon the backs of it's employees

Executive Chef (Current Employee) Des Moines, WA (US)

ProsProvided direction, adequate training, worthwhile cause. Enjoyed the people, and the work (sometimes).

Conson call 24/7, overtime relief, unrealistic expectations, no family life support, salary below industry standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild better support into the lives of your managers. Corporate values don't always dictate the experience of the employees. Mission statements should be followed through upon.

Sodexo doesn't care about their employees

ProsI feel some of the people that I work with do care about the quality of the food we serve, & make sure our customers are happy.

ConsThe upper management I feel does not care what so ever about us. We are not getting a raise at all this year, & the past raises we did get was 3%. That is insulting, maybe they should try and live off 10.00 an hour. I bet their raises are a lot more than that. We work really hard, they add on more work, but they don't want to give us any help to get it done. They claim that the waste & labor hours are to high, maybe they should cut back on their salaries & the amount of help that they have. So this is how much they care for their employees. No raises, I am sure there will not be one next year either. If ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about how much you are paying us, & see if you could live off that or better yet try it.

Great opportunity as student assistant looking to learn basic marketing skills

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible shifts, short commute, low hiring standard, book & aid tuition, free meals.

ConsLow opportunity for wage raise and benefits. Not enough leadership training and evaluations to further develop skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate office needs more young minded people who understand the language of university students.

Food Service Worker review

Food Service Worker (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsGood working condition and helpful peers

ConsNot much cons to state

Advice to Senior ManagementSteps can be taken to ensure all things are done the right way.

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!