Sogeti

www.sogeti.com

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)(in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises(in 17 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation(in 15 reviews)

Couldn't wait to get out

Principal Consultant (Former Employee) London, England

Prossome people were nice
    head office in London city centre
    office easily commutable

Consthe management
    the hr team
    no scope for promotion
    abysmal pay
    no sense of team work
    no work ethics or integrity
    no respect for employees
    hardly any projects to send consultants on so a lot of people on the bench while the company continues to recruit more staff

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruit staff when there are projects to send them on instead of lining them all up on the bench. Company growth is important but so is company revenue. There's no point employing people for the sake of showing the company is growing while not having any projects to send them on for months at a time.

Great place to start testing but move on... quickly!!

UK Based Tester (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIn house training (Online courses)
    Good benefits
    Travel expenses
    Wider range of different projects
    Agile
    SC clearance (Depends on client)

ConsTime on the bench
    Work life balance doesn’t exist
    Lack of comms from management
    Promotion opportunities lacking
    Sometimes seems to be unorganised - no one knows what’s going on
    Hard or impossible to get on training courses
    Never given straight answers from management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff

If you want to learn how to Test properly this is the place

Consultant (Former Employee) London, England

ProsExcellent place to learn and grow as a testing specialist, very good place to be training as they have in house training company

ConsThe variety of projects, the clientst that were treated as a priority were not implementing cutting edge technology, there is a not enough of market share in Financial Services
    Salary Package often under market rates
    Hard to get on training courses

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at career development and reward those appropriately

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Projects time

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood but sometimes late in giving projects, have to go on bench.

Conslack on Investment banking projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more Agile.

Great Experiences and Growth

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

Pros--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
    --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
    --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
    --Overall work/personal life balance
    --Project opportunities
    --Client Base
    --Counselor Program
    --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

ConsThe only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

The support needed to grow my career

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Blue Ash, OH (US)

ProsSpeaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

ConsI wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

Great growing company

Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits, encourage career growth. If you want to do something they will tell you to go for it. Working with fortune 100 clients. Growing aggressively in Atlanta. Great team of talent.

ConsNot the place for those who just want to put their heads down and work. Not the place for those who want things handed to them

Consulting without traveling

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsTravel is minimal due to local office concept. Great benefits.

ConsExpect to do a lot of work, meetings, training after hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake life easier for front line workers. For example, easier to submit time and expenses.

So good so far

ProsGood company culture, training opportunities, benefits

ConsI've been with the company almost a month now and haven't seen anything yet

Good Company but "good old boy" connections needed to move up.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsNice salary and fairly good benefits. 401K is great if you can stick around for 3 years. Management mostly leaves you alone to go about your business. There is a hands off mentality to their management style which is nice while you are busy working away at the clients office.

ConsThe bonus structure is a joke and you have to be "in" with the graders to really make a bonus that is worth anything. Don't let the recruiter talk you into the fact that it is easy to hit the $10 or $20K bonuses. Literally only the golden employees hit those. If you land $2.5K bonus you did really well. The reimbursement program is a hassle and the company credit card does not create any efficiencies. You might as well use your personal card to get the benefits from it (miles or points).

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you invest in the right managers that are committed to the area they are located in. A division manager in Seattle cannot perform his job very well if they live on the other side of the country.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!