Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros:
  • "Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Strong respect for your work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "The bonus program pits you against other employees (worse they do, better you do)"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A innovative and welcoming company, which balances being a trailblazer in it's field with a welcoming environment.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsA stirling and well rounded training facility, combined with support from all area's of senior managment gave me both the skills and the confidence to progress and succeed. Within 4- months of joining the company I had been sent on 4 training courses as well as having spent considerable time with each of the sector heads. Additionally, It is great to be part of a leading company with such a respectable presence in the market and a real emphasis on remaining there.

ConsWhist the social aspect of the company more than furfills expectations, it would be nice to have more of an orientation towards team building days and sports teams. However, that said I know plans are in place to start a company football team.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to take the time to interact with new staff. This interaction provides both a welcoming aspect whilst making you feel valued and enthusiastic about work.

A supporting and Friendly company.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsA very comprehensive training program was laid on for all of the graduates who joined in the summer of 2013, this included all graduates completing the ISEB qualification helping to provide a deeper knowledge when speaking to prospective clients.

As well as technical training Sogeti worked with an external sales training provider for a range of sessions which helped with questioning techniques and overall mannerisms whilst performing the role.

The culture of the company is very friendly and you will be supported by senior management who are keen on encouraging continual development which is a positive sign as a graduate.

ConsIt would be great to have a larger emphasis on cross departmental team building, such as away days or a regular sports team which all members of Sogeti could participate in.

new HR team is useless

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Prosgood benefits, good brand, nice colleagues. excellent training courses

Consbad new HR team at sogeti UK, long bench time, need to pay back training fees if leave within a year after the training

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the HR team!

Sogeti UK offers a real oportunity to make a real difference, and work with really lovely people.

Head of UK Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work life balance, growing organisation, entrepreneurial spirit, flat management where your voice can be heard, always something new and exciting going on.

ConsInternal communication could be better, but working in a consultancy this is always tough for those working on client site. As a result of consultants dotted around the country, you don't always get to see or know everyone in the business as often or as well as you might like, however the executive team does well to arrange social gatherings, quarterly meetings etc.

Good clients and great colleagues

ProsReally friendly, helpful colleagues
Good career progression for those that work hard
Lots of good clients and currently Sogeti in the UK is growing & expanding
Creator of industry standard TMap and TPI methodologies
In-house training courses and lots of scope to improve skills!

ConsPossibility for need to travel for projects
Not a con for me, but workload is often very busy with lots going on and need to remain flexible to manage new requests

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve communications

Excellent place to work. Loads of opportunity for career progression if you're good at your job

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of customers to work. Lots of them are blue-chip and finance based
The company is expanding a lot in the UK and there is a lot of opportunity to progress
There are training courses available to Consultants like ISTQB etc
Very good name in the market because of the formal testing processes and developed methodologies like TMAP

ConsSometimes you will need to travel across the country to work on different customer sites. They are up front with that as a possibility in the interview though.
Also you have be very good to get to the higher levels of consultant because of competition

Advice to Senior ManagementMore readily available automation courses

Good clients, less salary

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

Pros- Good clients
- rigrous interview process
- excellent training programs
- good name in market

Cons- Very less employee engagement, once you are at client side there is not much engagement with Sogeti employees and management
- less salary as compared to market

Advice to Senior Management- more flexibility should be provided to shift between domains and clients

Bad bad experience!

Test Analyst (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsGood brand on your CV as it is part of Capgemini Group. It's not very know in the UK thought

Cons- Crap salary (i.e. £20K for their graduates)
- Limited career progression
- Long time on bench. You could spend something like 4 months on bench and learn absolutely nothing
- No communication between management level and the staff who deliver the actual work
- No area to improve your skills. (i.e if you are a manual tester you never can learn automation. Mainly because the client will not let you land on their site)
- Absolutely no values!

Advice to Senior ManagementLost your way. Listen to your employee. There is no harm to pay at market level

Good Company to work for

I have been working at Sogeti

ProsStrong Client Pipeline
Strong Testing Methodologies and Processes

ConsNot integrated with Capgemini
Limited Scope of Growth after a level

Couldn't wait to get out

Principal Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Prossome people were nice
head office in London city centre
office easily commutable

Consthe management
the hr team
no scope for promotion
abysmal pay
no sense of team work
no work ethics or integrity
no respect for employees
hardly any projects to send consultants on so a lot of people on the bench while the company continues to recruit more staff

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruit staff when there are projects to send them on instead of lining them all up on the bench. Company growth is important but so is company revenue. There's no point employing people for the sake of showing the company is growing while not having any projects to send them on for months at a time.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 323 reviews are posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.