Sogeti

www.sogeti.com

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)(in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises(in 17 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation(in 15 reviews)

Exciting, Fast Pace and able to make a real contribution

Recruiter (Former Employee) London, England

ProsMedium and fast growing
    Lots of need for recruitment across a variety of different tech roles
    Ownership of recruitment decisions from employment branding, job board selection, ATS optimization etc
    Organisation that values the recruitment process. Recruiters are seen as advisors and experts within the business
    Flexible in terms of working from home and taking time off when needed
    Allowed to work autonomously, no micro managing

ConsBig Focus on Tech Hiring - can be a negative if your not a Tech recruiter.

A innovative and welcoming company, which balances being a trailblazer in it's field with a welcoming environment.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsA stirling and well rounded training facility, combined with support from all area's of senior managment gave me both the skills and the confidence to progress and succeed. Within 4- months of joining the company I had been sent on 4 training courses as well as having spent considerable time with each of the sector heads. Additionally, It is great to be part of a leading company with such a respectable presence in the market and a real emphasis on remaining there.

ConsWhist the social aspect of the company more than furfills expectations, it would be nice to have more of an orientation towards team building days and sports teams. However, that said I know plans are in place to start a company football team.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to take the time to interact with new staff. This interaction provides both a welcoming aspect whilst making you feel valued and enthusiastic about work.

A supporting and Friendly company.

Sales (Current Employee) London, England

ProsA very comprehensive training program was laid on for all of the graduates who joined in the summer of 2013, this included all graduates completing the ISEB qualification helping to provide a deeper knowledge when speaking to prospective clients.

As well as technical training Sogeti worked with an external sales training provider for a range of sessions which helped with questioning techniques and overall mannerisms whilst performing the role.

The culture of the company is very friendly and you will be supported by senior management who are keen on encouraging continual development which is a positive sign as a graduate.

ConsIt would be great to have a larger emphasis on cross departmental team building, such as away days or a regular sports team which all members of Sogeti could participate in.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

new HR team is useless

Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

Prosgood benefits, good brand, nice colleagues. excellent training courses

Consbad new HR team at sogeti UK, long bench time, need to pay back training fees if leave within a year after the training

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the HR team!

Sogeti UK offers a real oportunity to make a real difference, and work with really lovely people.

Head of UK Marketing (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat work life balance, growing organisation, entrepreneurial spirit, flat management where your voice can be heard, always something new and exciting going on.

ConsInternal communication could be better, but working in a consultancy this is always tough for those working on client site. As a result of consultants dotted around the country, you don't always get to see or know everyone in the business as often or as well as you might like, however the executive team does well to arrange social gatherings, quarterly meetings etc.

Good clients and great colleagues

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsReally friendly, helpful colleagues
    Good career progression for those that work hard
    Lots of good clients and currently Sogeti in the UK is growing & expanding
    Creator of industry standard TMap and TPI methodologies
    In-house training courses and lots of scope to improve skills!

ConsPossibility for need to travel for projects
    Not a con for me, but workload is often very busy with lots going on and need to remain flexible to manage new requests

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve communications

Excellent place to work. Loads of opportunity for career progression if you're good at your job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsLots of customers to work. Lots of them are blue-chip and finance based
    The company is expanding a lot in the UK and there is a lot of opportunity to progress
    There are training courses available to Consultants like ISTQB etc
    Very good name in the market because of the formal testing processes and developed methodologies like TMAP

ConsSometimes you will need to travel across the country to work on different customer sites. They are up front with that as a possibility in the interview though.
    Also you have be very good to get to the higher levels of consultant because of competition

Advice to Senior ManagementMore readily available automation courses

Good clients, less salary

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

Pros- Good clients
    - rigrous interview process
    - excellent training programs
    - good name in market

Cons- Very less employee engagement, once you are at client side there is not much engagement with Sogeti employees and management
    - less salary as compared to market

Advice to Senior Management- more flexibility should be provided to shift between domains and clients

Bad bad experience!

Test Analyst (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGood brand on your CV as it is part of Capgemini Group. It's not very know in the UK thought

Cons- Crap salary (i.e. £20K for their graduates)
    - Limited career progression
    - Long time on bench. You could spend something like 4 months on bench and learn absolutely nothing
    - No communication between management level and the staff who deliver the actual work
    - No area to improve your skills. (i.e if you are a manual tester you never can learn automation. Mainly because the client will not let you land on their site)
    - Absolutely no values!

Advice to Senior ManagementLost your way. Listen to your employee. There is no harm to pay at market level

Good Company to work for

ProsStrong Client Pipeline
    Strong Testing Methodologies and Processes

ConsNot integrated with Capgemini
    Limited Scope of Growth after a level

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!