Sogeti

www.sogeti.com

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Consulting without traveling

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsTravel is minimal due to local office concept. Great benefits.

ConsExpect to do a lot of work, meetings, training after hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake life easier for front line workers. For example, easier to submit time and expenses.

So good so far

ProsGood company culture, training opportunities, benefits

ConsI've been with the company almost a month now and haven't seen anything yet

In control of my career

Prosstill paid when between project assignments; great training opportunities. Sogeti is a company that allows you to succeed and grow at your own pace.

Conscorporate management communication is not very good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Prossalary training growth bonus support

Consbench time senior management lack of understanding

Advice to Senior Managementbench activity please help us

You are in charge of your career. You will get support, but your have to grab it for yourself.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits if you take advantage of them. Great opportunities for growth if you seek them. Great people to work with that are excellent at what they do. Lots of learning opportunities.

ConsCommunication from management is weak. If you want to know what is going on within your unit you must insert yourself in the 'conversation'.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with the hands in the field about business development opportunities.

Worst company in NY

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThey lure you with false promises

ConsI was hired for a position that never existed. I ended up waiting for a project for 2 months , kept getting a response from management that they would place me at the earliest. Nothing materialized and they showed me the door saying I was not a good fit. I realized in 2 months that they just a staffing company and not a solution provider as they claim. Management is pathetic and HR is even worse. They have such a weak relationship with their clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementShut down this unit.

Sogeti is a Joke

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL (US)

ProsThe benefits are good, if you last long enough to use them. Many low level employees are skilled and have a good work ethic.

ConsHard work is not appreciated, let alone rewarded. Managers and Account Executives only work towards their own interests, often at the expense of others. Lots of deceit and back stabbing employed at all levels. Company seems to only care about staffing developers. They are willing to hire other positions when needed and then quickly release them. Will release good employees from positions in order to fill these position with lower salaried individuals just to raise margins and maximize their profits. Overall, Sogeti has been the most blatantly dishonest and underhanded company I have ever worked for.

I spent over a year traveling for the company. In fact, the most recent position I had I actually interviewed for and won that position at the client site for Sogeti. I spent so much time on the road that the post office stopped delivering by mail. Also, because my travel was paid for out of my profits I had lower margins than most (but was still making the company profit). As a result, I didn't accumulate enough points for an end of year bonus, despite working harder and giving more to the company than most. Also, despite the fact that I had perfect client review scored and numerous client praises and references, I was denied promotion to a level I was already performing at. The reason I was given was that I didn't have adequate tenure in a single office (which was because I was traveling for the company).

These were all sacrifices I was willing to make for the company. However, because of an account executive and client partner in the city I was working that only cared about maximizing margins for their own personal bonuses, I was basically strong armed into relocating to that city to keep the position or I would be released. During this time I was actually told by the Geographic Vice President that Sogeti "views travel as a privilege, not a sacrifice."

Then not even two months after relocating to that city this same client partner had me removed from the client site and released from the company so that he could try to put someone freshly interviewed by the company into my position (which I had won for them in the first place) at a lower salary and higher profit margin. They used "lack of performance" was a reason to try and justify my release despite the fact that ALL of my work had been vetted and approved by high level client sponsors and stakeholders, the perfect performance scores I had from the client and the numerous written praises I had from the client and supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo amount of advice can help management when they themselves lacks scruples and the slightest sense of decency.

Ok company to work for

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGive you access to all kind of training materials. Access to a MSDN license to download any Microsoft software if you were in the app dev group. Get to meet many different people to network.

ConsHealthcare could be better for families. Great if you were single or no kids. They were only concern with bill rate and and you being billable. You had to avoid the bench, but if you are on the bench management doesn't make you few like you have a secured job. But AE tend to focus on existing clients, just getting new projects with same client rather then finding new client. Also when interviewed I asked is they were project based or staff augmented. Was told they are focusing more on projects but in end because you have to play the bench game you have to take anything they offered. Otherwise you run risk of getting laid off.

Staff Augmentation

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsMost of your working will be independent with the client, so you have control over your day. Get experience at different companies, while maintaining the same job.

ConsSogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation. As a consultant you will not get the experience and methodologies present at other consulting companies. Sogeti is a staff augmentation or resource company.

The structure of the company is based on selling resources (staff augmentation), the bonus structure and advancement is based on this. A technical resource will not have opportunities to advance, get training, and get the high bonuses at Sogeti. The only people who have been at Sogeti long term are the sales people who did not come up the consulting track, HR reps who have no technical or consulting background, the back office workers who came in as front desk secretaries, and senior managers who are selling resources. Technical people, project managers, and business analysts leave in 3 years after they are vested in the 401k plan and get very poor raises during those years, once you get to know people there it is well known that raises are not given out.

The projects you will work on are rarely cutting edge or large enterprise project, much of the work is maintenance and support. Clients are generally not impressed with Sogeti and are vocal about it. As a consultant you will not grow within Sogeti, or within the client, your growth will be limited to what you do outside of Sogeti.

Most of the non-consultants: low level HR reps, back office workers, and sales people have offices with window views and are vastly under qualified for their job. No one outside of billing consultants have consulting experience, which creates a difficult environment for conversations regarding clients and projects. The non-consultants are treated like gold, while the consultants are treated like a depreciating product. Also if you are a consultant and your client has a day off, you have to use PTO, unfortunately clients have significantly more days off than Sogeti does so go ahead and knock several days off your PTO as you will be forced to use them.

If you read the other favorable reviews they are written as though it is an advertisement and I believe they are fake as I just learned Sogeti monitors the reviews here. Be wary of those reviews as I have not met another person at Sogeti who is actually happy with their work or opportunities that is on the consulting side.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a track for advancement for technical people, project managers, and business analysts. Change the bonus structure to incorporate non-sales work. Remove the low level HR reps and back offices from the window offices and create more meeting rooms for consultants. Create training programs from outside companies for consultants. Give out raises based on performance at the client site as they are the customers.

Good opportunities in various industries

Senior Software QA (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsSogeti provides good opportunties in various industries. They try to best place you on your qualificaitons.

ConsSogeti offers much training, but once place for your 6 - 9 - 12 month contract, it is hard to find/make time to get the additonal training.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!