Sogeti Reviews

Updated 30 October 2014
Updated 30 October 2014

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 28 reviews)

• Great 401(k), Good Benefits-no premiums on med/dental co (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Manager Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Good benefits, MSDN license, little travel, paid bench time.

Cons

Poor senior leadership, bonuses are heavily dependent on billing time.

Get out what you put in

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits & 401k, fair pay, quick promotion track for over achievers, lots of opportunities to take leadership roles, aggressive bonus structure if you contribute back to the company above and beyond your client role.

Cons

Market planning and strategy lacks definition.

A person who is not a self starter may have difficulty succeeding.

More recognition for consultants who contribute to Sogeti above and beyond their client responsibilities.

More solution sell/build/support from regional and national teams.

So Far So Good

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities to learn, emphasis on training and career growth

Cons

You may be asked to do things outside of your comfort zone.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, surrounded by really good people, certifications are paid for, opportunities to take on different roles and leadership. If you are good at your job and have a good attitude then you will excel here. They give you the opportunity to make what you want out of your career.

Cons

You may have to take on a role that is out of your comfort zone.

Continue providing opportunities for employees to grow their careers.

7 years in a row to what?

Current Employee - Senior Consultant SAP in Bordeaux, Aquitaine (France)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant SAP in Bordeaux, Aquitaine (France)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I entered Sogeti as an engineer, which, in France, would not have occured (I do not have a master) if only I were to be in front of a 'normal' manager. This one, in regard to my experience, put the diploma issue aside, and sign me up.
    Sogeti is, in many aspects, one of the best IT provider from my PoV to begin with or to grow senior.

Cons

As many IT firms, when you get your senior status, there'll be a lack of opportunities to grow even more. And, as it goes, I didn't receive any formal trainings, on SAP or anaything, for 5 years.

Internal culture in Sogeti is growing and the management deploy many things to keep professionals aware of their society (as most are on client site). As a downside, a lot of them do not care about the these news.
    On an HR and management perspective, there is a huge lack of recognition and, when it comes to provide tools and trainings to capitalize on people, they prefer to disappear and let the professional leave and hire a newbie instead.
     To keep the salary as low as possible, they do not want to invest in their employee, and doing so, they'll lose their most valuable asset... Us.

Very bad work experience

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They first treat your very nicely.
    Spend time and money on multiple lunch interviews with several people.

Cons

Once you are hired the life becomes miserable.
    No over time is paid neither in dollars nor in time off.
    Attitude of account managers become 180 degree different.
    They find you useless in 3-6 months as soon as the contract finish up with the client.
    Poor bench policy.
    Focus on quantity of contractors not quality.
    This is one of the biggest reason of lack of client trust.

Please hire reasonable staff to recruit and keep good people thru better incentives.
    Know how to differentiate between good and bad workforce.

Horrible policies and short-sighted managers

Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant In Digital Transformation in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Free soda and coffee
    - Great benefits (401k, profit share)

Cons

- Managers are extremely incompetent. When I was hired, I was told that clients were lining up outside the door and projects would be flooding in, so they needed me. After 4 months sitting in a cold, windowless office, I left after getting 0 projects while I was there. The execs don't even try to get digital projects, they are too concerned about P&G and GE contracts.

- My managers had the poorest communication skills I've ever seen in a professional environment. My direct supervisor had a STRONG Indian accent, I could barely understand what he was saying and his e-mails and texts were even worse. He blamed me for the communication problems, even though several co-workers had told me that they were experiencing the same thing.

- They hire you after seeing what skills you have, then when you get there ask you to do jobs involving skills you have 0 experience with. You have to learn the skill while doing the job, which makes it very stressful and inefficient.

- Spread their resources too thin. I was skipped over for some contracts in favor of other, equally-skilled consultants even though they were swamped with work as it is, merely because the manager or exec knew them personally. There's a lot of personal bias.

- Depressing work environment. The suits in the corner offices don't even acknowledge that you exist, and since everyone is in and out of ATO, you never see anyone.

Hire managers that can actually communicate effectively in English. Change your ATO policies. Use your resources effectively. Don't make false promises to new hires, or you will never change your absurdly high turnover. Get a better work environment for those on ATO, it just sucks. Everyone in that office looked like they wanted to shoot themselves.

My experience at Sogeti has been very positive overall.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good collaboration with the Consultants. We hire very talented Consultants that are innovative for our Clients.

Cons

Lack of training for Account Executives. Thoughts of just do the job as we pay you well. We don't need national training or meetings for you to meet and collaborate with others.

No growth opportunity for Account Executives. Very male dominated.

Find some female leadership and provide leadership training to your Leaders. Just because they were a good Consultant does NOT make them a good leader

Working @ Sogeti Netherlands as a Relationship manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Vianen, South Holland (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vianen, South Holland (Netherlands)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

responsebility, freedom, very nice colleagues, respect, expertise, possebilities, personal growth, telephone, laptop, culture fit

Cons

salary, personal benefit structure, short term goals, less external courses

Maybe we have to start a personal benfit structure for the IT pro's

Decent company, but not true consulting work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the truly self-motivating, a great company as initiative is very much encouraged, but no hand-holding. Good pay and decent benefits. Opportunities outside of regular assignments to learn.

Cons

Almost exclusively enterprise-level staff augmentation work (i.e. long-term assignments), not for those looking for frequent changes. If you do want out of an assignment, you have to raise a big stink. No sense of camaraderie with coworkers as you almost never see them.

Stop cheaping out on perks, a little goes a long way with keeping employee satisfaction high.

Sogeti Photos