Sogeti

Updated 18 August 2014

3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work when there IS work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC (US)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, great training opportunities.

Cons

Not always enough work to keep everyone engaged on projects.

Improve sales pipeline.

No specific tech background, but they still brought me on board.

Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

Pros

If you are interested in developing your skills in IT, Sogeti has everything you need to advance. They provide the tools and the connections, but it is 100% up to you to take advantage of it.

Cons

You are not being paid close to what they bill you for.

More happy hours

The support needed to grow my career

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Blue Ash, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)

Pros

Speaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

Cons

I wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

PLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great growing company

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

Great benefits, encourage career growth. If you want to do something they will tell you to go for it. Working with fortune 100 clients. Growing aggressively in Atlanta. Great team of talent.

Cons

Not the place for those who just want to put their heads down and work. Not the place for those who want things handed to them

Consulting without traveling

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

Pros

Travel is minimal due to local office concept. Great benefits.

Cons

Expect to do a lot of work, meetings, training after hours.

Make life easier for front line workers. For example, easier to submit time and expenses.

Belgian CEO flaunts the group's core values

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Brussels (Belgium)

Pros

There are lots of bright senior consultants and expert leads who are extremely motivated to bring thought leadership to the market place
    The company offers good work life balance but is rather old fashioned when it comes down to teleworking and flexible working hours.
    Despite the long lasting lack of vision, entrepreneurship and implementation of the group's fixed Price Project strategy by the local CEO, the local Belgian consultants still seem to display tremendous tenacity in the believe that one day the Group will empower the local middle management to take ownership of their destiny.

Cons

The complete lack of vision and implementation of the groups strategy in Belgium and Luxemburg.
    The external communications of the local top manager is that Sogeti needs to develop their fixed price project business, however internally the message of the local management is clear: T&M, T&M, T&M... All decisions seem to be made to avoid having to push forward with developing the project side of the organisation.
    In the few years I have been with the organisation, the sales team structure has changed every few months and there's a general lack of drive, support and incentive for sales people to achieve results. Sales leadership is non existent and the sales strategy lacks consistency. The management seems unable to leverage employees relevant past sales experience. Experienced sales people are being driven directly by top management to sell T&M only as if they are junior telesales people
    Consultants have lost faith in the sales team's capabilities while sales lost faith in the delivery capacity of the operations, a vicious circle the top management has not been able to break.
    For the last 4 years a general distrust of top management has crept into the entire organisation.

Take ownership and fix the lack of leadership, vision and implementation of the group's strategy. Create the seismic shift within the organisation that is required to induce change. Promote colleagues with relevant leadership experience throughout the organisation and cut out the dead weight that has been poisoning the organisation since Gitek/Arianne... Became Sogeti.

So good so far

Pros

Good company culture, training opportunities, benefits

Cons

I've been with the company almost a month now and haven't seen anything yet

Great Experiences and Growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Pros

--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
    --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
    --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
    --Overall work/personal life balance
    --Project opportunities
    --Client Base
    --Counselor Program
    --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

Cons

The only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

The upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

Things have definitely gotten worse.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Pros

If you work here, you're a consultant. The money was good. I liked a lot of the people.

Cons

The benefits have gone downhill. The bonus structure is complicated and difficult to understand. This won't be a good experience for you unless you are a consultant who likes to sell. Sales is what they reward. Also, it's a true consulting company, so you get what comes along with being a consultant. There is not really a bench policy anymore. I was let go after 3 days on the bench. My boss was replaced by someone who just wanted to cut costs (that's what his bonus is based on). The new guy let people go so that he could get a better bonus. At Sogeti you are seen as $$$, not as a person.

Stop worrying so much about the bottom line and invest more in the people. No one is going to work there if they know you're going to let them go as soon as they're on the bench. Also, replace the Cincinnati management.

Sogeti is a Joke

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Tallahassee, FL (US)

Pros

The benefits are good, if you last long enough to use them. Many low level employees are skilled and have a good work ethic.

Cons

Hard work is not appreciated, let alone rewarded. Managers and Account Executives only work towards their own interests, often at the expense of others. Lots of deceit and back stabbing employed at all levels. Company seems to only care about staffing developers. They are willing to hire other positions when needed and then quickly release them. Will release good employees from positions in order to fill these position with lower salaried individuals just to raise margins and maximize their profits. Overall, Sogeti has been the most blatantly dishonest and underhanded company I have ever worked for.

I spent over a year traveling for the company. In fact, the most recent position I had I actually interviewed for and won that position at the client site for Sogeti. I spent so much time on the road that the post office stopped delivering by mail. Also, because my travel was paid for out of my profits I had lower margins than most (but was still making the company profit). As a result, I didn't accumulate enough points for an end of year bonus, despite working harder and giving more to the company than most. Also, despite the fact that I had perfect client review scored and numerous client praises and references, I was denied promotion to a level I was already performing at. The reason I was given was that I didn't have adequate tenure in a single office (which was because I was traveling for the company).

These were all sacrifices I was willing to make for the company. However, because of an account executive and client partner in the city I was working that only cared about maximizing margins for their own personal bonuses, I was basically strong armed into relocating to that city to keep the position or I would be released. During this time I was actually told by the Geographic Vice President that Sogeti "views travel as a privilege, not a sacrifice."

Then not even two months after relocating to that city this same client partner had me removed from the client site and released from the company so that he could try to put someone freshly interviewed by the company into my position (which I had won for them in the first place) at a lower salary and higher profit margin. They used "lack of performance" was a reason to try and justify my release despite the fact that ALL of my work had been vetted and approved by high level client sponsors and stakeholders, the perfect performance scores I had from the client and the numerous written praises I had from the client and supervisors.

No amount of advice can help management when they themselves lacks scruples and the slightest sense of decency.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!