Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Southern California Edison President Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger

Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger

Pros
  • Company has great work-life balance, usually many opportunities to volunteer (in 33 reviews)

• Excellent pay, great benefits, professional development opportunities (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work is not rewarded but if you are buddies with Senior Management you are set maybe (in 14 reviews)

• GONE are the days of work life balance and transparencies / accountabilities (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

A political company

Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) San Clemente, CA (US)

ProsExcellent pay and benefits! An experience I will never forget as long as I live.

ConsI observed that promotions are based on sex, religion, race, buddy system and an individuals sexual preferences I.E. L.B.G.T.. It was not uncommon for you to sit for hours in a booth no bigger than a broom closet. It was hard to get restroom breaks or meal breaks. You could expect long hours of boredom and anxiety.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management was blind to what mid - level management was doing. Due to incompetence and a design flaw, the station was eventually shut down.

Great company to work for

ProsManagement has been revamped and the future is looking brighter

ConsNot as stable as it used to be. It's more for profit and cost cutting

Great People

Professional Trainee I (Current Employee) Pomona, CA (US)

ProsPeople at Edison are welcoming and caring and away from work love to get to know you and have a good time. Very family and friend oriented community.

ConsNot cutting edge, and promotions are tenured based.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SCE Overview

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Pay if you have worked there for years.

ConsLeadership is good, but needs more improvement.

Sr. Engineer

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA (US)

ProsGreat employees to work with. Good benefits but for managers' favorites only.

ConsLots of politics in leadership. So many managers and directors walking around not having anything to do. Some managers with no direct reports

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on reducing managers and respect hard working employees. Avoid favoritism.

Mismanagement All-Around

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Rosemead, CA (US)

ProsGood location in Rosemead away from the hustle and bustle.

ConsManagement is severely lacking with even worse executive management. Racism runs rampant along with nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the coffee. Answering emails all day behind closed doors for 10 hours a day is NOT management.

A great career

ABU2 (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsGreat values and benefits to make a career choice.

ConsCan be political at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide good and bad news in a timey manner.

Project Manager

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Rosemead, CA (US)

Prosbenefits and life balancing between work and home

Consoff shore cultures has caused conflicts among employees

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of great benefits, had the opportunity to go on field and see equipment from time to time instead of staying in the office all day, fun people to work with, very safety conscious

Consa lot of politics involved, a lot of people hired as managers because they had good connections but not necessarily the qualifications, not very innovative

IT is going through managed services. It's a very stressful time knowing my job will be gone...

IT Specialist (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA (US)

ProsThe company offers competitive pay and good benefits.

ConsMany IT professionals have or will lose their jobs. The senior leaders don't seem to care about IT employees anymore. I

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk IT employee if they are willing to take a cut pay. Keep more jobs in US instead of sending our jobs to India. Look into the entire company to cut the people are not doing good jobs. It's not fair for IT.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!