Spectranetics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Spectranetics CEO Scott Drake

Scott Drake

First year great, second year terrible. Lots of politics and upper management jockeying for positions and power.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at Spectranetics full-time for more than a year

ProsNice people to work with. Beautiful location. A lot of dedicated and talented people.

ConsMany directors lack experience and are poor managers. Favorites often get promoted instead of basing on qualifications and experience. Lots of turnover right now, with several new VPs coming onboard.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what you what the company to be when it grows up.

Circus atmosphere, it's not what you have done for me lately, but do we like you!

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people & great opportunities

ConsSr Leadership has their heads in the sand, every 6 months there is a shake-up, good people are let go and more people are brought in because the Board wants them there!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending to listen to your people!

Great place to work, smart people, strong leadership.

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Spectranetics full-time

ProsWell communicated mission and vision, strong leadership and a sense of contributing to the goals and accomplishments of the company. Good direction, good products, and good people.

ConsLike most places there is always more to do than time to do it, small teams are expected to deliver a lot of results.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be inclusive and seek out ideas outside of the executive ranks.

Great company with good potential for growth

Finance (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time for more than a year

ProsI'm excited about the future of the company. The management team is great and very forward looking. Supervisors are very good mentors, and the people are great!

ConsThere aren't any downsides at Spectranetics.

Spectranetics: a fast growing company

Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time

ProsFast growing company.
Carrer growth and opportunity.
Great people to work with.
Focus on new product development.

ConsGrowing from a small company to a mid size company is challenging.

Good place to start a medical sales career

Sales and Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey pay employees well, the product line is unique which is beneficial to patients and hospitals, there is some opportunity for career growth for midlevel employees, offers a unique opportunity for those working in medical device to be in Colorado

ConsManagement team seems misguided in their efforts (self-focused), there is high turnover among employees which is a cause for concern for those looking for a long-term opportunity

SPECTRANETICS IS A MICKEY MOUSE COMPANY

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLocation
People are generally nice to work with

ConsCompany wants to be GE but is now made up mostly of former Covidean employees.
Company has a practice of firing employees very quickly
Sr Management want everyone to be "A" players but won't take a look at the composition of their team - plenty of "c" players there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more condescending of employees. Adopting GE's practices of getting rid of the "bottom 10%" is just not what is required in our current growth mode. It is silly. World class companies treat their employees with respect and dignity. This practice of firing employees at a drop of a hat is counter-productive and

Growth opportunity in exciting climate working with great people

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Great location, great people to work with, plenty of opportunities for growth.
-Lots of focus on new product development, interesting technology, market development and new markets

Cons-Need to add focus on developing internal suppport infrastructure, not just on new revenue generation

Advice to Senior Management-Continue to drive small company culture in how we treat people, but offer big company opportunities. Drive growth and succeed!

After 25 years in the workplace, this is the best company I have ever worked for.

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWe have strong leadership, corporate growth and outstanding career opportunities. Our team and products make a difference in our patients' lives everyday. I look forward to coming to work and am excited to be part of my team!

ConsWe need everyone to share our stories to the world and they need to hear us. We make a difference everyday in patient's lives and this needs to be heard more loudly in the industry!!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive us to excellence in everday activities and to lead by awesome example.

Best Place I Have Ever Worked

Department Leader (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time for less than a year

ProsExecutive Leadership has strong vision and strategic plan they are executing on. Communication is strong regarding the vital goals and the role each teammate plays to get the company there. Lots of internal company functions and recognition. Strong Value in pushing innovation, empowerment, urgency, collaboration and customers service. Strong partnership with physicians and health care workers to save and improve lives--feel good mission.

ConsHigh expectations on quality. High growth means lots of work and not enough time in the day to get it done. Growing from a small company to a mid size company is challenging current employees to raise the bar in everything we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the strong leadership and focus!

Worked for Spectranetics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spectranetics reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Spectranetics CEO Scott Drake. All 19 reviews are posted anonymously by Spectranetics employees.