State Farm

www.statefarm.com

State Farm Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.5 1,472 reviews

State Farm Chairman and CEO Ed Rust Jr.

Ed Rust Jr.

Pros
  • Great work life balance and encouragement to continue insurance education(in 87 reviews)

• The company has a good work environment and works to help employees meet their needs(in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • As a side note - I had significant work / life balance issues as an agent(in 18 reviews)

• No room for advancement with contract employees and lower pay with no benefits(in 33 reviews)

1,472 Employee Reviews

Great experience when in school

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people to work with.

Consvery strict company and demanding .

It has been somewhat pleasant.

Underwriting Service Support Assistant (Current Employee) Winter Haven, FL (US)

ProsYour hours are guaranteed, along with yearly salary raises & bonuses! You are also given vacation time, as well as personal time up front.

ConsSeems like you have to be working here for several years to be promoted. The way annual reviews are done, that ultimately determine your yearly raise is not always fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery member on a team brings a different, influencial dynamic to each team! Everyone should be appreciated and praised whether they have been there 5 days, 5 months or 5 years!

Efficient company with good salary and benefits

Fire Claim Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has excellent corporate and community values. There is a strong inner culture and shared experiences within one's peer group. In claims we genuinely tried to do the right thing paying what we owe, not a penny more and not a penny less.

ConsSometimes it seemed the wrong people were promoted. Too much emphasis placed on continuing ed which meant some individuals were placed in management simply because they do well on tests and have accrued a designation. Also at times, favorites were played in selecting managers and giving special projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to senior level management is to respect the thousands of individuals who perform the day to day operations which make State Farm what it is. Think about their work environment and the impact some of your thoughtless and naïve decisions have upon them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

State Farm Auto Claims Processor

Auto Claims Processor (Current Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

ProsGreat entry level position with multiple opportunities to move up in the company. Company has a great tuition reimbursement policy and lots of over time.

ConsOpportunities for growth are limited in the state of CA unless you're willing to relocate to another state.

Great company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsCo workers and teamwork ok

Consno cons for this hob yet

Advice to Senior Managementno adivse to management yet

The HR personel was very professional

Auto Express Associate (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsThe HR lady was very patient and explained all the questions to my understanding. I was hired after 2 weeks of waiting. Love this job and there are a lot of opportunities here at State Farm.

ConsNo Cons from my end, everything and everybody is been good to me.

If you are willing to work hard and never stop improving it can be extremely rewarding

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Lincolnwood, IL (US)

ProsFinancial security, opportunity to be your own boss, potential to interact with some really good people, helping others

ConsAs well as you as rewarded and compensated, it will never be enough and target goals can eventually become insurmountable

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to your core values that you've had for the past 90+ years. Don't give in to the pressures of things you are not

Wide range of experience, friendly co workers and management

Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Bloomington, IL (US)

ProsOpportunities to work in many areas and gain a multitude of great experience. Plenty of cutting edge development and support.

ConsAt times, it felt like there was a lot of red tape. This created delays in getting things done that could have otherwise been done very quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on keeping everybody motivated and on the same page, and be open about plans for the future.

great company

Claims Representative (Former Employee) DuPont, WA (US)

Prosstable, good pay, good morale

Conscubicle, stuffy air flow, weird hours

Advice to Senior Managementkeep making the environment fun

Unstable

Auto Claim Representative (Current Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

Prosthey provide competitive compensation, a good company to build a career.

Consvery unstable job security at our location.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!