StoneMor

www.stonemor.com

StoneMor Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Lawrence Miller

Great for people who are looking for uncapped earning potential

Sales Counselor (Current Employee) Suitland, MD (US)

ProsThe best thing about the position was being able to earn unlimited amount of commission. You also have 3 weeks paid training and they offer one of the highest commission rates in the death care industry.

ConsThe cons would be having to juggle the work life balance and it may be difficult in the beginning for those who are not used to working longer hours. But the long hours pay off when you meet with the families and are able to help them during their time of need.

Advice to Senior Managementget some updated sales leads, the ones we are using are outdated!

I assisted families that lost a loved one by making final burial arrangements.

Sales Counselor (Former Employee) Anniston, AL (US)

ProsI have lost many loved ones and I knew what the families were going through; therefore, I feel as if I was very helpful and sympathetic.

ConsIt was sometimes difficult for me not to be emotional; however, I had to be strong for the families and be as helpful as I could regarding their situation.

Excellent company to work for!

Sales Counselor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsGreat benefits, management team, opportunity to help people, make lots of money as a Sales Counselor

Consvacation time is too short

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

30 years in the Cemetery Industry and by far the best corporation I've been a part of.

Area Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreatest ensemble of people/professionals. A true sales organization from top to bottom! Direct supervisor the best in the industry ! Input / ideas are not only accepted but encouraged!

ConsNone really, just the continuing drive to increase the growth of the organization. A couple of minor changes to the benefit plan could be addressed even though it is currently a very good program.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you've been doing ! Reach out to "the people in the field" for an even better pulse of the marketplace. The innovation shown by new leadership is greatly desired as well as needed. Communication via technology is in process and couldn't come any sooner. Growth through acquisitions is progressing nicely, is always welcome and presents greater opportunities . Promotion from within the Company is the rule and appreciated!

Nice commissions, and great people

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Hurricane, WV (US)

ProsPaychecks always on time. Nice commissions.

ConsHard to speak to management on needs of Cemetary

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to listen to those that work for you on a daily basis.

Had high hopes but very disappointed

Sales Counselor (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the families was very enjoyable. It was nice to be able to help families with some of the most difficult decisions they will ever make in life.

ConsLong days/weeks. Hard to get day off. Always "under budget" so upper management never satisfied. Very little training provided and answer to not making sales is "sell more".

Extremely disappointed in training and management

Family Service Counselor (Former Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

ProsMeeting and working with the families was very rewarding.

ConsAs a counselor I was excluded from important meetings that would have given me the opportunity to stay on top of important offers and have first hand knowledge of company changes. Management double dipped by receiving salaries, taking sales from sales counselors, then received not only the commission on those sales, but received management over rides on those sales! To add insult to injury, management then positioned themselves to receive sales considerations for at need sales. These sales combined with pre need sales allowed managers to go on sales trips by meeting or on many occasions exceeding 525,000 in yearly sales. Management did very little to generate new business, but depended on calling the same families repeatedly. To add insult to the sales staff, management placed themselves on the monthly calendar for family services, answered all phone calls, and received mail, depriving any new sales reps the opportunity to make a living. No backup from corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuestion why there is a huge turnover in family service counselors. Could it be that park managers are the problem?

So Sad That Our World Allows This Company To Do Business

Family Service Counselor (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC (US)

ProsI love being there for the families, a good counselor is the best treatment received by a family. Working with the Funeral Homes, although most talk about the cemetery behind our backs.

ConsAs an employee, it is a disheartening challenge day to day and hour by hour. Over the past 2 years I have seen 32 employees turn over and have had 6 Managers. Only one regional Manager! Thant position never changes? I have never been insulted on a regular basis nor have I worked so hard for NO reward or pay. Seriously harassed, not paid for hours worked and regular threats by the public that are so upset by lies.

Advice to Senior ManagementI pray that the Labor Board rips into this company with the KARMA it deserves. I fear for the staff in our cemetery due to broken promises and not providing what has been paid for. I have been cussed, swung at, threatened, blogged and almost ran over with NO support of Management. It is time for employees to come together and give this company what they have given families for years. A nightmare!

Stonemor is a money centric, low tech, abusive company. I have never experienced its equal.

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAt the location level you may have good people to work with. Good Quota compensation if you were allowed to work it correctly without all of the imposed discounting to cheapen your relationship/trust and offering value.

ConsDoor to door and phone sales with a one sit close unless we see a widow after she looses her husband, then sell her. Good commissions are reduced by high discounts and sales tactics. Used car sales feeling. Offer discounted land to secure future business (lower commissions) then get full package with the vault sale ,Stonemor owns the vault company. There are no computers for individuals, sparce training programs and policies go mostly unlearned due to poor upper management. constant verbal abuse towards the sales managers on a daily basis The Sales Managers work 7 days a week and evenings and the sales staff the same, unless under quota- then they cannot work overtime to GET to quota. In my opinion, Old boy mentality. Hard core sales to everyone to get numbers, including poor and weak. When i told management that an appointment lived in a shack (really, they had holes in the house) he said "They have money for this" Hire-on promises were broken. With 15 years as a successful Sales manager and 7 in the industry, this is not an uneducated appraisal. No I was not fired. I left willingly, gratefully. No exit interview from corporate was asked of me, to let them know why i was leaving. This is for anyone who is considering employment in any capacity.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a corporate investigator to resolve your upper management problems, to avoid seeing individual and/or group legal action. There are texts and documents that usually exist as supporting documents, even if you do not supply computers to your management. Todays climate does not tolerate this type of behavior and negligence. Take a good look at the leader in the industry and try to understand how its done or sell out to them quickly. An exit interview may be in your best interest.

The company only cares about money, not employees or customers

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIt is better than unemployment, JUST BARELY!

ConsThey want you to work like a dog for very little pay or support. customers and staff come in a distant second place to the money. NO support from home office. If you want to advertise you end up paying for it yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementJoin the 21st century. calling old files (that have been called 50 times before) to try and get sales is sooooo out of date, classless and rude. Very poor pay for NO company support

Worked for StoneMor? Contribute to the Community!