StratMar Reviews

Updated 27 October 2014
3.1

Ethan Charas

Keeping it real!

Current Employee - Staff in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Staff in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

StratMar is a great company to work for. In the 2.5 years i have been with this company, I have found the entire management staff to be down to earth and have "real" expectations. Although they do challenge consistency and advancement and drive expectations and accountability, As long as i do my job to the best of my ability, following the guidelines and procedures set, I have the potential to earn a very good income.

Cons

The challenge is on the sales teams to perform to expectations to achieve a full-time position.

Keep operating with the "real" mentality

StratMar is a great place to work

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What I like most about StratMar is the leadership allows you to run your area of responsibility as your own company. They encourage you to take chances but in doing so, expect accountability.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long, but overall, not too bad.

Continue to over communicate with the teams as you currently do. With so many "dedicated programs" and so many employees working remotely, it's important that you stay connected to each area.

Your training programs are phenomenal and it's very rewarding to see so many Sales reps work through them. StratMar is also a fun place to work and the office culture is excellent!

A company to grow with.

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for growth. In my 3 1/2 years, I've been promoted 3 times. Each promotion came because Stratmar noticed my performance and APPROACHED ME with the opportunity.

Stratmar's "Open door policy" is second to none. Everyone from the CEO down is accessible.

Cons

The bonus program is the best it's ever been! I'd like to see more consistency with bonuses.

Stratmar is very good at putting the employees first, keep up the good work !

Beware of changing expectations, changin. field management and changing comp plans. Uh, oh!!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at StratMar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Full-time permanent position, benefits available, field expenses covered. Good IT support with supplied iPads and sales software.

Cons

As the field salesforce for a 3rd party client, there were barriers to getting direct communication regarding issues, expectations, and changes in direction. We were regarded by both the client and StratMar as hired guns (Ronin).

Be honest with field people regarding changes directed by client. These things happen in the business world, but it is hard to have any trust for an employer that plays mind games with its people.

Great place to work with over three years of service

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started very part-time over three years ago and worked my way to a Full-time position. I love the flexibility and the fast-paced ever changing environment. It keeps things fresh and there is never a dull moment with many opportunities to sell and make money.

Cons

Sometimes all the changes are hard to keep up with. Constantly need to remind yourself we are staying ahead of our competition so we need to be flexible.

Keep the momentum going; exciting things are happening, business is successful and growing. It's a great time to be working here!

Hard Work, Long Standing Hours

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ (US)

I worked at StratMar part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you want to improve your public speaking ability or if you a generally shy person; then this is the job for you. I spoke to an average of 100 people daily as this job was me standing behind a kiosk at the airport selling a credit card.

Cons

Headaches, leg pain, back pain, eye soreness, no time for slack. Monotonous daily routine.

For the branch of StratMar located in Newark Airport, I would suggest that you invest more money. This will improve the billboard ads throughout the airport, improve the brochures, and avoid any confusion for both the customer and employee; thus alleviating much of the work force's problems. Perhaps investing in touch screen tablets for each kiosk at EWR Terminal C.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlantic City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlantic City, NJ (US)

I have been working at StratMar

Pros

Excellent starting salary with the ability to raise your hourly with a great bonus plan. The job itself is energetic and fun, everyone works together and it is a very motivating environment.
    Ethan the CEO is a leader who cares for his Employees. He motivates us and leads us to be our very best.
    I been with the Company a very short time and I have to say I am truly enjoying my work.

Cons

I don't see anything that needs improvement.

Keep up the Great Work

Great place to work

Current Employee - In-Airport Manager
    Current Employee - In-Airport Manager

I have been working at StratMar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. StratMar is a great company to work for. Management really cares about the well-being of all employees. Flexible scheduling allows me to attend after school functions with my daughter.

Ethan Charas, StratMar's CEO is a visionary and a leader. He understands what motivates people to succeed and provides his employees with the tools to do so. One of Ethan's true strengths is the way he relates to people. Ethan is a true leader.

Cons

The initial training program is good, however, I believe continuous sales training from the field managers would prove to be advantageous for overall sales and production.

Keep up the great work

Stratmar Retail Services review

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at StratMar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Needs to pay what people are worth and better benefits

Good for short term, definitely not for long term

Current Employee - Vendor in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Vendor in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at StratMar part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well the pay is really good. Most commission jobs have a low base pay or none at all. Stratmar starts you off with $12/hr plus commission.

The shifts are short, usually either 4 or 6 hours. That's really all the good stuff.

Also, you work in an airport. That's kind of fun. You get to talk to people from all over the country for a short amount of time.

Cons

Now this is a long list. First, the management. When I was first hired, there were two managers who were there almost all the time. And when they weren't there, they could always be reached by phone. Then about two months in, they fired one of the managers (they told us because they didn't want to pay two manager salaries). Literally 2 hours after this, the other manager got us all on a conference call to discuss an assistant manager promotion that just opened up. What? Then, the remaining manager came into work less and less. In the past few months, I've only seen him twice.

Next the scheduling. While the schedule is pretty flexible, and you can pretty much set what hours you can and can't work, you will be called in constantly. Either someone called off or someone decided they want you to come in for extra help. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't at ridiculous hours. The kiosk opens at 6 am everyday, and the manager will call you at 11pm. The schedules are given out the day before they start, i.e. They come out on Sundays for a work week that starts on Monday. It's incredibly frustrating and impossible to plan your week out.

The job itself. It's challenging. At Midway, you are working for Chase selling Southwest Visa cards. The majority of the job is trying to grab peoples's attention and convince them to sign up for the card. Some days are good, most days are normal, some days are bad. The company goal is for everyone to have at least 1 application per hour. It doesn't seem like a lot, but there aren't a whole lot of people who want another credit card these days. In a six hour shift, I average about 3-4. Some people do better than that, some people do worse. If you don't reach the goal, you have to either write an action plan or talk to the manager over the phone and explain why. They'll ask you what you can work on to improve your performance, but nothing you say is good enough for them.

Get in touch with the floor employees more. On site managers are sketchy in their scheduling.