StratMar

Updated 16 July 2014

2.3

Ethan Charas

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Atlantic City, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlantic City, NJ (US)

Pros

Excellent starting salary with the ability to raise your hourly with a great bonus plan. The job itself is energetic and fun, everyone works together and it is a very motivating environment.
    Ethan the CEO is a leader who cares for his Employees. He motivates us and leads us to be our very best.
    I been with the Company a very short time and I have to say I am truly enjoying my work.

Cons

I don't see anything that needs improvement.

Keep up the Great Work

Great place to work

Current Employee - In-Airport Manager
    Current Employee - In-Airport Manager

Pros

Good work/life balance. StratMar is a great company to work for. Management really cares about the well-being of all employees. Flexible scheduling allows me to attend after school functions with my daughter.

Ethan Charas, StratMar's CEO is a visionary and a leader. He understands what motivates people to succeed and provides his employees with the tools to do so. One of Ethan's true strengths is the way he relates to people. Ethan is a true leader.

Cons

The initial training program is good, however, I believe continuous sales training from the field managers would prove to be advantageous for overall sales and production.

Keep up the great work

Stratmar Retail Services review

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Needs to pay what people are worth and better benefits

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for short term, definitely not for long term

Current Employee - Vendor  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Vendor in Chicago, IL (US)

Pros

Well the pay is really good. Most commission jobs have a low base pay or none at all. Stratmar starts you off with $12/hr plus commission.

The shifts are short, usually either 4 or 6 hours. That's really all the good stuff.

Also, you work in an airport. That's kind of fun. You get to talk to people from all over the country for a short amount of time.

Cons

Now this is a long list. First, the management. When I was first hired, there were two managers who were there almost all the time. And when they weren't there, they could always be reached by phone. Then about two months in, they fired one of the managers (they told us because they didn't want to pay two manager salaries). Literally 2 hours after this, the other manager got us all on a conference call to discuss an assistant manager promotion that just opened up. What? Then, the remaining manager came into work less and less. In the past few months, I've only seen him twice.

Next the scheduling. While the schedule is pretty flexible, and you can pretty much set what hours you can and can't work, you will be called in constantly. Either someone called off or someone decided they want you to come in for extra help. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't at ridiculous hours. The kiosk opens at 6 am everyday, and the manager will call you at 11pm. The schedules are given out the day before they start, i.e. They come out on Sundays for a work week that starts on Monday. It's incredibly frustrating and impossible to plan your week out.

The job itself. It's challenging. At Midway, you are working for Chase selling Southwest Visa cards. The majority of the job is trying to grab peoples's attention and convince them to sign up for the card. Some days are good, most days are normal, some days are bad. The company goal is for everyone to have at least 1 application per hour. It doesn't seem like a lot, but there aren't a whole lot of people who want another credit card these days. In a six hour shift, I average about 3-4. Some people do better than that, some people do worse. If you don't reach the goal, you have to either write an action plan or talk to the manager over the phone and explain why. They'll ask you what you can work on to improve your performance, but nothing you say is good enough for them.

Get in touch with the floor employees more. On site managers are sketchy in their scheduling.

Worse process ever!!

Former Employee - Marketing Representative  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

None. The process was long and unnecessary.

Cons

Not sure if they have improved on anything in two years but when I was there, there was no organization. It took almost a month of sending and receiving things BY MAIL before I was able to start working. They switched the pay structure once I started. I wouldn't recommend this company.

Get things together. Maybe model some of the other programs like yours in the airport that are doing better.

Very Repetitive and corporate and management disregards your neeeds

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Pay is decent but thats it.

Cons

Constant standing at a Kiosk screaming at customers for hours in a day can get very tiresome stand on feet all day managers are very disorganized and corporate gives you al,ost impossible sales goals with materials given.

3rd Party Temporary Sales Positions

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive  in  Reading, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Reading, PA (US)

Pros

Represented a well known local company- branding helped get foot in door. Provided Ipad and Salesforce.com No micromanagement. Upgraded the pay plan was more competitive.

Cons

Assigned Territory too small to consistently hit target goals. Poor HR assistance. Average Pay.

Provide more industry specific training. Provide on-going sales technique training. Provide more marketing tools. Use incentives/ bonuses more often.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Independent Contractor  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, be your own Boss

Cons

Don't see any downsides. All good

Thanks for all support

Don't work here

Former Employee - Sale Representative
    Former Employee - Sale Representative

Pros

The managers in the field were great.

Cons

They started with 115 employees across the country and let everyone go on Mother's Day. Then once they had our iPads they short changed us on our commissions. They always promised that they wouldn't ever mess with our money but that was their common practice. Our commissions were never paid.

If you say things follow up with them. Pay the commissions owed. Remember people relied on you

Good luck getting paid on time and accurately

Former Employee - Market Manager
    Former Employee - Market Manager

Pros

Worked with a great team of Reps

Cons

They are horrible at responding to e-mails and phone calls.
    Horrible at paying on time.
    Horrible at paying accurately.
    Lots of over promissing and under deliverying.

Communication is key. Especially when it's accurate! Not "Your check is in the mail".

Worked for StratMar? Contribute to the Community!