Stream Global Services

Updated 29 October 2014
2.8

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello
Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company (in 19 reviews)

• Once you are past the entry level stuff (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center (in 20 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Good career opportunities and pay

Current Employee - Direct Sales Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It has a good career ladder and friendly supportive people aswell as an attractive bonus package for hard workers

Cons

Can be boring at times and people are packed into the centre like sardines and it can make time drag in

Stream/Convergys

Former Employee - Tech Reo
    Former Employee - Tech Reo

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

high energy, nice remodeled building, ability to move within contracts both by choice and when other contracts are ending they try to keep you working, I have always has great managers

Cons

no long term job security due to the changing contracts, pay scale is low and almost impossible to live on if you have to commute or a single salary household

It would be great if there were more of a communication and ability to move within the company even at other locations

Photography support professional

Former Employee - Photography Support Professional in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Photography Support Professional in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No need to work hard, out of 8 hours you spend maybe 2-3 hours doing something productive
    Holidays - you can travel whenever you want to and for as long as you want to, even if you request it one day in advance.
    Casual dress code
    Friendly, fun environment
    Occasional cash bonuses for good performance
    Possibility to borrow company cameras and other equipment for private purposes (T&C apply).
    Ideal as a first job

Cons

If you're constantly seeking new challenges and like to learn, this is not a place for you, you'll get bored soon. Not many people last more than 2 years, unless they get promoted to a higher position.
    Lack of career opportunities, too many 1st level roles and too few 2nd level and mentor roles.
    Salary - it's below average and don't expect a raise more often than once in a few years.
    Some processes are ineffective and it takes ages to change them.

Hire less people for more money. Use some monitoring software to track how do your employees use their 8 hours of time to determine how many people you really need.

A Bright Spot in a Difficult Industry

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional I in Beaverton, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional I in Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very supportive subject matter experts, incredibly patient management, pay was fair for the area, never had to want for hours, training was paid at full pay. mistakes were accepted without significant repercussions, co-workers were nice and personable. Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company.

Cons

Training failed to cover the majority of what was needed and my instructor asked to be supplied with prescription drugs. You only get one raise and then your income is fixed. Tier 1 tech, tier 2 tech and SMEs all make about the same money despite the vast difference in responsibility. Lunches were scheduled for an hour but were often cut to a half hour to force overtime. Mandatory overtime lasted for months as well. All time off the phone came out of breaks so going to the bathroom meant shorter or even no breaks. This was due to the client, not stream but this was still an annoyance.

Reward success with more than a title change. More should separate Tier I, II and SMEs than a dime an hour. The benefits were so low as to be completely worthless. I would suggest offering an Obama care compliant health plan, a one to one match on paychecks instead of the 25 percent match offered for the 401k.

Not too shabby

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

Worked with great people, good morale inside the building. There was a on site cafeteria that actually served some great food even healthy choices

Cons

Leads were sometimes unreachable. Would have been better if it seemed like they knew what reps actually went through on the phone

None

tech support

Current Employee - Tech Support Professional in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Tech Support Professional in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you can have as long as calls as you want the people are great. you don't have to deal with the billing and other issues

Cons

convergys took over the company and running it into the ground. it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center! I enjoyed the android operations systems tech support and fixed many issues. to bad they think that you are just a number even if you perform very well, you are all the same and very disspoable.

Good to have in your CV

Current Employee - Customer Service and Technical Support Representative in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

just good to acquire experience as the rest you have no benefits other than you wages around 20.500 year

Cons

no benefits other than basic wages, lots of better companies around, if you have a choice don't work here.

WRSC

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will learn a lot about the cellular industry. Potential to make lifelong friendships. Relaxed work environment for the most part. If you're lucky enough to have team manager that likes you and values your work ethic they will truly fight to get you what you need.

Cons

Inconsistent. Management seems somewhat engaged with concerns of employees but does very minimum to resolve issue. Like most places corporate jobs "drinking the kook-aid" is the only way to improve your everyday work experience. Incentives are constantly changing and metric seem almost impossible to meet at times. Too many stipulations associated with rewarding non-salary employees

Good job for the right person

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Lots of positive feedback: If you do well, you'll be rewarded for it with recognition and other little prizes. This is one of the biggest things I miss about working there.
    -Lots of people: Working in such a large company you can meet some really cool people, I made lots of friends, and lots of people, myself included, meet girlfriends/boyfriends/future spouses there.
    -No physical work: As someone who has back problems, being able to sit all day is pretty nice
    -Some opportunity for advancement: They will tell you that there's lots of room for advancement, but as someone who was a very successful employee in my position, I never saw any potential to further my career there.
    -Lots of early morning and late night shifts if that's what works for you
    -Work by yourself: You're able to work by yourself for the most part and not rely on your coworkers to make sure your job is done properly.
    -You will always know exactly how you're doing. The company was great with communicating to it's employees on how they are doing, if you need to cut down on your breaks or get your handle time down, you will know exactly how much to the second.
    -If you do well you can pick your own shift, which is pretty great

Cons

-Big changes with very little notice: contracts will end or be significantly changed with very little notice. Hours cut or changed, jobs outsourced to other, cheaper, locations, and being thrown from one position to another with little or no say.
    -Extreme hours, lots very early, very late, or overnight shifts. Often you are forced to work these shifts and have no say. Once showed up to work only to be told that I was hours early and am now working until 1am. Other times I was given only days notice that my shift would now start at 6am and my days off would be changed from sat-sun to tues-wed.
    -They often lie about what the job entails. For example, I was told that my my position would not involve pushing sales at all, only to find out that almost the entire job was sales based.
    -Very little communication. You never really know what's going on with the company.
    -Lots of people: Just as I met lots of really cool people there, I also met a lot of really awful people
    -Work by yourself: As much as this can be a good thing, there's also a lot of pressure because if you make a mistake, no one can bail you out and you will be entirely at fault.
    -Very little pay and poor benefits

Herded like cattle!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Call center and customer service experience
    SOME of the people you meet

Cons

Treated poorly by management
    Promised growth opportunities that never happen
    Grossly underpaid