Stryker

Stryker Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo

Kevin A. Lobo

Pros:
  • "work life balance makes people feel full enough to crave for more"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Excellent culture, great people to work with, many opportunities to grow"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance"
    in 31 reviews
  • "The long hours taking care of account"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great overall experience to learn and grow

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEveryone who works there has a genuine passion for going above and beyond. They recruit some of the most talented individuals in the industry

ConsNot the best paid in the industry and once you have reached a certain level is difficult to move up in the company as it's a fairly flat hierarchy.

Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLove this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

ConsSometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products.

Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people at Stryker are all energized to work for the company. Although the workload is substantial, it is much more fun to work in this collaborative environment than at some of my previous companies. It is also refreshing that you are able to count on your peers to complete tasks and drive work on time.

ConsThe interviewing process is a bit over the top. In total, it took several weeks and 6 interviews (not number of people I interviewed with, I am talking total sessions!) for me to get my formal offer. Compensation packages are average, but the stability of the company is a huge plus!

A Great Place to Be

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
West, TX (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat Co-workers, strong growth initiatives, People! Strong conservative culture.

ConsCross divisional teamwork but getting better

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be innovative and outward facing toward our customers

Love where I work!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

ProsWork life balance
Autonomy
driven culture
professional opportunities
found great friends
amenities
casual friday

Consif you are interested in moving into another field, sometimes it is difficult to gain the skills in your current role to get you ready, this is only on the occasion.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay aggressive and take risks. I love the areas we are addressing and driving to make our organization better. The key is allowing those of us that are extremely passionate the ability to get involved and grow into the role versus wanting us to already have ALL the necessary skills prior. Talent is exceptional here and sometimes we need people to go to bat for us and our abilities as people. I believe we are moving the needle in this area.

A company like no other!

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStryker has a very unique culture – we are a talent based organization that seeks only the best and the brightest! We are a company that goes above and beyond for our surgeons, patients and of course our employees. We are a strengths based organization, so we work diligently with our employees to place them in roles that are the perfect fit with their attributes.

ConsBeing such a high growth, face paced company – we run fast and hard. At times, we should do a more thorough autopsy on challenges faced throughout projects to prevent them from happening again – and the outcomes should be shared across divisions to create overall best practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur CEO Kevin Lobo, is approachable, open-minded, highly ethical, engaging and inspiring! He personalizes his speeches to his audience which really creates loyalty and connection for the employees. I hope to see the Group Presidents take note of his style and build that same sense of loyalty and inspiration from the groups they lead.

Growing company! Great place to work!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

ProsStryker is a great place to work. The culture is amazing. You get the opportunity to work with great people who challenge you everyday to be better. Great work/life balance. There is a lot of room for growth and an open door policy.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! We are so excited about the growth happening.

10 years and counting...

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStryker has continually provided opportunities to learn new disciplines and functions with increasing responsibility. I never imagined I would work at one company for more than 10 years, but I have and I am still challenged, growing and engaged.

ConsWorking at a dynamic, growing company is not easy. A Stryker employee cannot become complacent, but needs to continue to grow, change and adapt. Sometimes, it is hard work to keep pace or stay ahead of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith so many employees scattered throughout the world, seek ways to make us feel connected - one Stryker. It would be great to see executive leadership in Kalamazoo more frequently. You have a lot to offer.

Lucky to work for such a great company!

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people here are amazing, and we are all part of a common cause! I feel valued every day, my manager gives me meaningful work to make sure I am engaged, and gives autonomy or guidance when needed. I get to come to work every day with people who are equally as passionate, performance oriented, and driven. I've worked for 3 different teams in my career here so far, and while all unique, they are all equally as focused and dedicated to what they do. It's cliche to say, but it is a work hard/play hard environment that fosters friendships while achieving great things for our customers, both internal and external.

I continue to be impressed with the efforts our leaders make to increase engagement and create accountability around it with the Q12 survey, and other tools throughout the year. Stryker puts development in your court and you need to partner with your manager to figure out your personal development plan - I love this flexibility and openness. You own your career path, and our Global Mobility program has helped even more with sharing talent around the world.

I'm a social person who likes to volunteer, which we get to do through Stryker as well - there are always events and activities, often with a charitable cause, for us to take part in!

ConsMore something to be aware of: Stryker is full of achievers which is what makes it a great place to be, but every person has to find their own definition of work life integration. Make sure you take the time to figure out what works best for you. Every person, manager, and team has a different approach. Depending on your role there will be busy times throughout the year where we have to push through to deliver on the results we promise to our customers, so plan for that, and plan for time with your friends and family :) We all have them and are all human, which my manager recognizes and encourages.

Great Place to work and Great team you are in!

Manager (Current Employee)
Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople development and Engagement culture are focuses not only for HR but also for leadership team including executive leaders and front line leaders. You always have opportunity to develop or do your best as long as you want!

ConsNot big enough in China yet. We are looking forward to being greater and stronger in China!

Advice to Senior ManagementBranding more in the market!
Continue investing on people!

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Stryker CEO Kevin A. Lobo. All 405 reviews are posted anonymously by Stryker employees.