SuccessFactors

SuccessFactors Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

SuccessFactors President Shawn Price

Shawn Price

Pros
  • ment proviuded (phone, Ipad etc), ability to work from home, and some good people(in 13 reviews)

• Great people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • SAPs purchase of Successfactors has negatively impacted Work/Life balance(in 22 reviews)

• SFSF is a pay-for-performance company so one of the key tasks is setting and achieving specific goals each year(in 5 reviews)

Hard work but fun times

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat People,
    Lots of Travel,
    always evolving technology

ConsLots of Travel,
    some of the people,
    work life balance can be difficult

Regional Sales Manager

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGrowth opportunities in the HR/Talent Space. Product is very good. Working from home culture is excellent. Management all industry heavyweights and very supportive. Fantastic on boarding and very high earnings potential.

ConsToo many new Sales People and not enough Sales Management in place to support growth but this is changing. Lots to learn and takes time to get to fully ramped - 12 mths plus

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and we need more of you to reduce ramp time. Need to plan more for 12-24 timeframe not just this and next qtr.

Not what they say on the tin - ensure you deep dive at interview stage!

ProsKnowledge of cloud indisputable
    Some great people
    Product is great and pretty

ConsMiddle management needs an overhaul, you are not a start-up anymore! Limited understanding of true leadership as oppose to tactical management.

Work-life balance very poor and unaddressed

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and learn, take out your ear-plugs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life after SAP acquisition

Pre-sale (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFast product development and time to market

ConsBureaucratic, multi level management structure with micro management tendencies and a lack appreciation for cloud culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt the cloud culture!

Some needed context from a long timer...

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIn short my time at SF has been the best experience of my professional life. Many would feel the same about their time at SF, even those that have gone to the competition.

The simple fact is the company is in a state of perpetual evolution. Lets be honest and gain some perspective here... Any company in this economy, much less high-growth and recently public ones, are either evolving or being left behind. Lets not take this too personally. It's obvious that corporate evolution results in individual pain but let's not throw a tantrum over it.

Yes there is "Oracle-ization" going on. Some might call that Maturity... particularly those that buy their exercised options and/or shares on the open market... As of the date of this posting ALL option grants are worth something because the stock is trading at $9.23 and is above the highest strike price that I am aware of. Many people on Glass Door have and will continue to benefit financially from the very decisions they are bitching about which amazes me. You can't have it both ways, so deal with it and move on.

It’s easy to hate Oracle when you work for the little guy, but look around Silicon Valley and name a more successful company that has retained the familial start-up culture 100%. Even darlings Google and Apple aren’t the same companies they were at inception. If SuccessFactors is making moves to grow out of the awkward, inefficient, and in many cases unprofessional behaviours of a start up, then good on them! I’ll be cheering from the sidelines as I watch the SFSF stock price climb and competitors fall off the map or get gobbled up.

I realized I am better suited for the start-up phased business and I do not begrudge those that are more suited for the public/corporate environment. I'll simply focus my time and energy on the new thing that grabs my attention and deserves my passion while the newbies make SFSF more and more profitable. I'll be extactic with the financial security of SFSF cushioning the risk of the next start up...

ConsIronically communication is the biggest challenge at SF. In short there is constant communication of the trivial, infrequent and inconsistent communication of the meaningful, and a bit too much gloss for some of the internal communication. There was a time when a new leader brought words like "cadence of reporting and communication", but it really turned out to be monthly half day meetings where the team reported to that leader what they’ve been doing. From what I hear this may have changed to where team members are actually collaborating on projects... Let’s hope so.

With this said, I do appreciate the dash of reality in the all hands meetings where the challenges we/any company faces is presented. Actionable short, mid, and long term planning then needs to be communicated clearly, owned by individuals, and followed up with progress reports at the next meeting. Similarly long-term company strategy could use a consistent format and communication... "Today we are a square but we are going to evolve into a rectangle on our way to being a trapezoid in 5 years... "

Advice to Senior Management1) When EVERYTHING is moving at a million miles an hour, take the time to communicate and re-communicate the meaningful. Check in to measure understanding formally and informally. And continue to ask for feedback and new ideas.

2) The macro environment is one that all businesses have to deal with, but few SF competitors have the foundation, resources, talent, and drive to keep up ... much less breakaway. Let's leverage our sustainable competitive advantages to own this market while others are struggling to survive.

3) Let’s learn from our customers and do the things that our highly successful customers are doing. My stock would LOVE to see the multiples our customers are seeing... If we even pull within 10% of Oracle’s Market Cap all the “Oracle-ization” whining will turn to cheers!!!

work in SAP labs China,good life and work balance,average salary

Pros1.an sap company,sounds great
    2.colleagues are all great guys,very happy to work with them

Cons1.compared to local Internet company ,salary is lack of competitiveness.

Feeling enthusiased!!!!!!!!

Software Intern (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prostalented people
    good environment for growth

Consnothing much about it at all

Advice to Senior Managementnothing/.!!!!!

Lead QA

Lead QA (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood quality work, no same old boring work always. Challenging work will be thrown at you always & you need to be attentive to get it done.

ConsAt times the work will be hectic but at the same time you can enjoy the challenge.

Times have changed, not a good place to be

Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThe company used to be transparent, open, full of team work and spirit. The good ole days are gone.

ConsSAP really took over the company culture to start 2014 and it has been a train wreck. There is no SF identity anymore. SAP is completely disconnected to SuccessFactors market needs, they have just been making the company more SAP like....but they could have stood to gain much more if they leveraged SF strengths more effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to make SF, SAP. The company was awesome and had great market presence before you began bleeding it.

Good product lines, great people, lose a bit of its focus after being acquired by SAP.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups. Cloud is in the company's DNA. This is a place to be to learn as much about Cloud products.

ConsThe environment is too distributed, your team likely spans 3-4 timezones/countries. Not all teams match the demands, which caused quite a bit of conflicts. Quite a bit of "protecting my territory" around groups/teams. The company lost its focus & agility post SAP acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out for those single-point-of-failure situations. There are quite a few of that.

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!