SuccessFactors

SuccessFactors Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

SuccessFactors President Shawn Price

Shawn Price

Pros:
  • "Great Work culture and flexibility with timings and work from home for Consultants"
    in 11 reviews
  • "great people that had joined the compnay"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "this combined with customer demand really kill the work/life balance"
    in 20 reviews
  • "SFSF is a pay-for-performance company so one of the key tasks is setting and achieving specific goals each year"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Hard work but fun times

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat People,
Lots of Travel,
always evolving technology

ConsLots of Travel,
some of the people,
work life balance can be difficult

Not what they say on the tin - ensure you deep dive at interview stage!

ProsKnowledge of cloud indisputable
Some great people
Product is great and pretty

ConsMiddle management needs an overhaul, you are not a start-up anymore! Limited understanding of true leadership as oppose to tactical management.

Work-life balance very poor and unaddressed

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and learn, take out your ear-plugs.

Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than a year

ProsGrowth opportunities in the HR/Talent Space. Product is very good. Working from home culture is excellent. Management all industry heavyweights and very supportive. Fantastic on boarding and very high earnings potential.

ConsToo many new Sales People and not enough Sales Management in place to support growth but this is changing. Lots to learn and takes time to get to fully ramped - 12 mths plus

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and we need more of you to reduce ramp time. Need to plan more for 12-24 timeframe not just this and next qtr.

Life after SAP acquisition

Pre-sale (Current Employee)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFast product development and time to market

ConsBureaucratic, multi level management structure with micro management tendencies and a lack appreciation for cloud culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt the cloud culture!

Some needed context from a long timer...

I have been working at SuccessFactors

ProsIn short my time at SF has been the best experience of my professional life. Many would feel the same about their time at SF, even those that have gone to the competition.

The simple fact is the company is in a state of perpetual evolution. Lets be honest and gain some perspective here... Any company in this economy, much less high-growth and recently public ones, are either evolving or being left behind. Lets not take this too personally. It's obvious that corporate evolution results in individual pain but let's not throw a tantrum over it.

Yes there is "Oracle-ization" going on. Some might call that Maturity... particularly those that buy their exercised options and/or shares on the open market... As of the date of this posting ALL option grants are worth something because the stock is trading at $9.23 and is above the highest strike price that I am aware of. Many people on Glass Door have and will continue to benefit financially from the very decisions they are bitching about which amazes me. You can't have it both ways, so deal with it and move on.

It’s easy to hate Oracle when you work for the little guy, but look around Silicon Valley and name a more successful company that has retained the familial start-up culture 100%. Even darlings Google and Apple aren’t the same companies they were at inception. If SuccessFactors is making moves to grow out of the awkward, inefficient, and in many cases unprofessional behaviours of a start up, then good on them! I’ll be cheering from the sidelines as I watch the SFSF stock price climb and competitors fall off the map or get gobbled up.

I realized I am better suited for the start-up phased business and I do not begrudge those that are more suited for the public/corporate environment. I'll simply focus my time and energy on the new thing that grabs my attention and deserves my passion while the newbies make SFSF more and more profitable. I'll be extactic with the financial security of SFSF cushioning the risk of the next start up...

ConsIronically communication is the biggest challenge at SF. In short there is constant communication of the trivial, infrequent and inconsistent communication of the meaningful, and a bit too much gloss for some of the internal communication. There was a time when a new leader brought words like "cadence of reporting and communication", but it really turned out to be monthly half day meetings where the team reported to that leader what they’ve been doing. From what I hear this may have changed to where team members are actually collaborating on projects... Let’s hope so.

With this said, I do appreciate the dash of reality in the all hands meetings where the challenges we/any company faces is presented. Actionable short, mid, and long term planning then needs to be communicated clearly, owned by individuals, and followed up with progress reports at the next meeting. Similarly long-term company strategy could use a consistent format and communication... "Today we are a square but we are going to evolve into a rectangle on our way to being a trapezoid in 5 years... "

Advice to Senior Management1) When EVERYTHING is moving at a million miles an hour, take the time to communicate and re-communicate the meaningful. Check in to measure understanding formally and informally. And continue to ask for feedback and new ideas.

2) The macro environment is one that all businesses have to deal with, but few SF competitors have the foundation, resources, talent, and drive to keep up ... much less breakaway. Let's leverage our sustainable competitive advantages to own this market while others are struggling to survive.

3) Let’s learn from our customers and do the things that our highly successful customers are doing. My stock would LOVE to see the multiples our customers are seeing... If we even pull within 10% of Oracle’s Market Cap all the “Oracle-ization” whining will turn to cheers!!!

Great Company and Great Beneifts

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than a year

ProsWFH policy and vacation time.

ConsA lot of Management turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer Growth for mid-level Management

RSM

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time

ProsPeople caring philosophy, straight foward

ConsSAP culture taking over SSFF

Low wages and unfair

I have been working at SuccessFactors

ProsSuccessfactors is a cloud software company which has good reputation to outsiders. Parent company SAP is positive and supportive of Successfactors business.

ConsCompany gives low wages, less than 3% hikes, low bonus, no career growth to most employees regardless of the work. But management pays itself good salaries and enjoy all the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job properly or let someone else do the job.

Salary should be improved

Software Engineer I (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for less than a year

Pros1) Flexible work hours
7) Growing company

Cons1) No travel facility
2) Average Salary
3) Few managers are not good

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing the best product in HCM field the salary offered to engineer/developers should be much higher.

A good place to start your career

SDR (Current Employee)
South San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time for more than a year

Pros-Gain tons of industry knowledge
-Work with some bright individuals
-Lots of perks: benefits, lunches, electronics (IPAD, laptop, cell phones)
-They take care of their employees
-Andrew at the front desk is amazing
-Upper management is always available to talk
-Lot of volunteering opportunities within the company

Cons-Not a clear career path
-Not enough hands on training
-High attrition rate

Advice to Senior Management-Implement more training's
-Hold on to top talent

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!

SuccessFactors Videos

SuccessFactors – Why Work for Us?

Our Values • No jerks, respect the individual. • The customer must win. • Kaizen! Continuous improvement. • Take risks, make mistakes, learn. • Meritocracy and pay for performance. • We support each other. • Do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SuccessFactors reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for SuccessFactors CEO Shawn Price. All 195 reviews are posted anonymously by SuccessFactors employees.