SunGard

SunGard Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

SunGard President, CEO and Director Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Pros:
  • "flexible work times, easy work environment, good salary, good work life balance"
    in 33 reviews
  • "Very flexible work environment with relatively low workload stress"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "unless you're upper management or sales you won't be raking in big bonuses and perks but they are there"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Very fragmented structure with multiple business units , complicated communications"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Awful Company to Be Acquired By (Alternative Investments)

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at SunGard

ProsIdiotic senior management makes you feel superior in every way.

ConsSungard Alternative Investments is run like a closed shop for the friends of the president of the unit (who are mysteriously all of the same religion). The managers seem to do very nicely out of SG but add little to no value the businesses they acquire - anyone else who is doing well out of it is open for the attack to add to the friend retirement fund. My company was a fantastic one to work for before Sg took it over. The president and COO screwed up the valuation by a factor of about 2 and since then they just keep chopping people to make the quarterly figures look better. How the president and COO are holding on to their jobs I do not know, but that is the kind of firm it is - everyone is to blame except the management. If there's a problem blame someone else and fire them. Sungard Alternative Investments is and awful unit of an awful company - if they acquire your company start looking for a new job because if they don't fire you, you are the unlucky one!

Advice to Senior Managementstart respecting the people who made the companies you buy worth buying. Actually talk to the people in those companies and bring them on side, rather than treating them like idiots.

SunGard is less than the sum of its parts, so pick your part carefully.

Researcher (Current Employee)

I have been working at SunGard

ProsSunGard AI has a relaxed work atmosphere for a financial services company. There is good, open communication from management about how the company's business is doing and what the strategic direction is. There is good support and benefits for employees and the corporate intranet is very good at providing information and resources for employees.

ConsSunGard is not a monolithic company, but has grown from a series of acquisitions. Effort to integrat the various segments is slow to non-existant, even for related groups. Feels very segmented, so which particular division you work in makes a difference in your experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good place overall

Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SunGard

ProsNice people, good prospects if you work hard.Always possible to find someine within the company to help

ConsSometimes messy communications between different levels of management.Sungard aquires companies and communication problemscan get in the way of productivity

Advice to Senior ManagementMore flexibility and more communication between different parts of the company

sungard

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 8 years

Proswork life balance, time off policies,

Conscompensation, work from home policy

great

I have been working at SunGard full-time

Prosgood pay and good people

Conslack of challenges on a daily basis

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great if you are part of inner circle!

Wayne, PA (US)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople are for the most part highly qualified and motivated.

ConsSenior management follows old boys network. You are clearly either in or you are out.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at turnover rate and employee comments more seriously.

It is good for permanent members not temporary

I have been working at SunGard

ProsProduct based company so its good

ConsEmployees get less facilities than competitors

Good benefits, awful work experience and management

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits. That's it.

ConsPoor leadership; poor planning; poor compensation; no loyalty to customers or employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHmmm, I really can't say bring in new management as that is what is done 2-3 times per years.

Employee of the year

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent work culture, flexible work environment, good infrastructure, good facilities.

ConsWorst management, management has no capability of handling stuffs. no growth, no salary increment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop listing to others, apply your own brain, observe things, you should know who really works and deserves.

Very sales centric organisation

Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat place to work if you are self motivated and strive to create and add value to the company. Open working environment with generally very helpful colleagues who are willing to aid and guide people who are willing to learn and contribute

ConsVery sales centric with an obsession with hitting targets and revenues. Organisation is made up of several companies bought over time leading to messy silos and overlapping products. Middle managers are overwhelmed with daily responsibilities on top of managing teams making it easy for incompetent staff to hide and shirk responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementSunGard is a very global organisation with a lack of culture due to a large geographical spread of offices and an obsession with selling. Consider grooming talents within the organisation to build a stronger culture (and eventually stronger managers) rather than rely on the experienced workforce who have no loyalty and flutter to the next higher paying vendor.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for SunGard CEO Russell P. (Russ) Fradin. All 227 reviews are posted anonymously by SunGard employees.