Sungard Availability Services

www.sungardas.com

Sungard Availability Services Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Sungard Availability Services – San Ramon – “View of the mountain from the office”

Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern

Andrew A. Stern

Pros
  • Work-life balance is decent, but only b/c there is no urgency or direction in the organization(in 13 reviews)

• great place to learn new skills(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the upper management has only been with the company 3 years or less(in 20 reviews)

• Senior management out of touch with the actual impediments to performing the work(in 15 reviews)

Technical Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to learn new skills

Conslots of issues with management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people on the floor

Sungard NOC

Data Centre Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Hounslow, England

ProsYou should know someone in the higher management then you will progress otherwise you will keep trying with no luck

ConsOnly few people at the top of the company doing what they want to do and do not care about the rest.

Advice to Senior ManagementNOC plays a major part in customer satisfaction and has always been ignored from any kind of recognition. Listen to the problems and issues of the NOC analysts and give them more resources and facilities and recognize their efforts so they can do better.

Shallow men acting like children

Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, good pay, good job prospects,

ConsSunGard has I think 5,000 employees, you could be a number, a cog, some people who work in sales are very clicky, earn a lot but have huge egos and act like children. They are 50 year old men acting like men in their 20's boasting about how much their house contents is insured for! SunGard staff are very clicky, so the people who are not in the click or if you not in the group, then your work life can get very depressing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of some of the all the clicks. They ruin what could be a nice place to work,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to learn with limited opportunities

DC Ops Team Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat place to learn new technology

Consoften pressurised and had difficult customer

Manager Senior Systems Engineer

Manager Systems Engineering (Current Employee) Wood Dale, IL (US)

ProsChallenging opportunity to support Disaster Recovery customers in both DR planning and execution.

ConsCompany has gone through many RIF's over the past few years. It appears they are going through extensive reorganization.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen well and consider thoughts and opinions of long term employees when offered.

Good Company to work

QA-Specialist (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood Work life balance. Competitive salary.

ConsToo many changes of strategic directions.

Its great to work for

ProsTons of mobility and growth

ConsNothing I could have thought of

Great place to work until new management showed up.

Senior Developer (Current Employee)

ProsWas a decent work environment, great team.

ConsManagement changes caused major disruption. Large part of the team ended up quitting (The manager that caused the disruption ended up leaving the company shortly after the team was disbanded)

I negotiated contracts for the companies numerous service offerings.

Contract Specialist (Former Employee) Wayne, PA (US)

ProsDecent work/life balance, great coworkers in my department, not a stuffy corporate environment.

ConsThe company leadership changed while I was there and the new leadership team struggled to find its footing and seemed to be steering the company in a direction that I did not like. Leadership changed again after I left and I've heard it is a much better environment there now.

The managers and SMEs were very helpful. They enabled me to successfully complete the project

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Thornton, CO (US)

ProsI was hired to help identify metadata to apply to files to improve the search engine, and to apply the metadata and improve their library structure. The managers, SMEs, and support people I worked with were extremely helpful and cooperative. Without their timely help, the project couldn't have been completed and access to their documentation would not have been improved.

ConsThere wasn't the budget for me to continue or to find another project there. I would have liked to continue there.

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!