Supermedia

Supermedia Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Supermedia CEO Peter J. McDonald

Peter J. McDonald

Pros
  • Benefits are good, commission not bad and my co-workers are great(in 41 reviews)

• Great working conditions, tops in pay and benefits(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Fighting the perception that the print yellow pages are no longer viable(in 38 reviews)

• Upper management takes care of themselves - no loyalty for those of us who have been loyal(in 18 reviews)

Great work environment

Software Developer (Former Employee) Tyler, TX (US)

ProsI worked from home so I didn't have to go into an office very often.

ConsNothing really, could use better annual pay increases than 1-2%.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter annual pay increases than 1-2%.

Supermedia Reputation Management Coordinator responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

We appreciate your service as a former employee and also for taking the time out to provide your review. Thank you! Ed

Scampering to stay profitable in a declining market.

Real Estate and Facilities (Former Employee) Middleton, MA (US)

ProsExcellent Management scattered throughout the company. Strong sense of teamwork.

ConsThe company was in it's glory about 30 years ago and has been adjusting to the changing marketing environment since. Paper phone books are becoming a thing of the past and so is Supermedia. Attempts are being made to be current and profitable but at the cost of employee reduction,

Advice to Senior ManagementStay innovative.

Supermedia Reputation Management Coordinator responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you kindly for posting your review. We welcome all feedback as it means a lot while the company moves forward into the future. Ed

Good company - hard work

Media Consultant (Current Employee) Erie, PA (US)

Prosconstant change - growth opportunity if you are willing to relocate

Consno control over future - unless relocating

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay is great...Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey really invest in their employees...2 month training that's paid for, incentive trips, great uncap commissions, bonuses and contest every 2 weeks.

ConsCompany is struggling and losing too much business too fast. Not sure they have enough quality leaders/employees to get the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the job more fun and bring life back into the work force. Stop pulling employees in every direction...Focus on one specific task and motivate them. Whipping them will not get the job done.

Sumermedia - Marketing Consultant

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsThe company is making a late effort to bring new internet products to market to stem loss the of it's print clients.

ConsThe company is hurting financially as evidenced by 2 bankruptcy fillies in recent years. Marketing consultants are micromanaged daily.

Great Job, Bad Strategy

Media Consultant (Former Employee) Bensalem, PA (US)

ProsGreat Benefits, Union Job, Great salary + comission structure, great co-workers/office atmosphere

ConsThey send work out to vendors, they lay off employees, they panic and over react to every little thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sending work to India, and stop given media consultants unrealistic expectations, create a system where potential clients have incentive to call us; instead of creating a mafia style shakedown of these businesses.

Good Money, but you'll earn it

Multimedia Consultant (Former Employee) Middleton, MA (US)

ProsCan earn 75k fairly easily, great benefits & car allowance. Good equipment & training, Salesforce is King

ConsTough work life balance - expect you in field @ 8AM - ok if your territory is nearby, if you need to travel to downtown Boston can be more difficult.

Supermedia rips off clients!!!

Salesperson (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThey successfully use high-pressure sales techniquesto sell advertising.

Cons.This company is deceptive, it lies, it distorts, it does anything to get your money. I know, until recently I worked for them in their Chicago office selling advertising. I have never been with a company that was so deceptive in its practices. Their practices can best be described as predatory.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry telling the truth!

Don know when you will get fired but you will

Media Consultant (Former Employee) Norton Shores, MI (US)

ProsPay is around 50k good for a spring board job

ConsWas a leader in digital sales for this company and the only thing they could offer me was a unemployment check. They do not vale any inside sales person and outside sales has to deal with way to much for the pay. No chance for promotion and company is all about making a buck not about the quality of employees or product.

Advice to Senior ManagementWas lied to and told about advancement when in reality they were waiting to get rid of everyone.

Save Yourself A Lot of Time and Don't Bother

Media Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with customers to find out more about their business such as goals, where they want to be, how aggressive they're willing to get to achieve those goals. Company does provide good industry information to present to the customer -- although we people who work there often wondered if it were true.

ConsThis company has changed so drastically the last few years. They have absolutely no concern for their current advertisers; all they care about is how many new accounts you've opened. Management is very negative and has turned into a used car salesman mentality. Terrible leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership has no clue what they're doing. This company is doing so badly and they will try anything to make it turn around. If it doesn't completely turn around in 3 days, they then try something else new.

Worked for Supermedia? Contribute to the Community!