Syntel

Syntel Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Syntel President, CEO, and Director Prashant Ranade

Prashant Ranade

Pros
  • Lots of Onsite opportunities for long term and as well as short term (in 69 reviews)

• Good work environment , excellent client exposure (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is negative if you manage client relationship (in 18 reviews)

• no work life balance,stretch hours are hectic at times (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Project lead

Project Lead (Former Employee) Sparks Glencoe, MD (US)

Prosplace to grow, challenging environment.

Consless pay, management is not strong enough to deal with diplomatically with clients

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the payrate.

Please do NOT join Syntel US. It will demolish your career and professional learnings

Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsOnly thing I would say that they provide good salary to US hires (May be because of their small brands and people need something to override that)

ConsIt is full of Cons
    1. Unprofessional staffs
    2. Poor work culture
    3. Unfriendly employee policy
    4. HR does false promises then ask for proof while do the claim of that. Take everything in writing
    5. Frequent relocation and that too with a poor relocation benefit. If you are a family person I STRONGLY advise not to join this company. I am having a small kid and they relocated me 3 times with in a year. The reason is they don't have grip to clients since the Senior management like client relationship managers are worthless. Therefore they only get small projects and then you got to relocate.
    6. No value of your voice. If you speak logically and managers will try to prove their superiority by imposing their decision on you without hearing your points.
    7. Client doesn't have any respect for a SYNTELLER. I saw a client speaking differently to SYNTEL folks and behave gentle with TCS folks. This happens because Senior management just enjoy their position and do not try to build strong relationship with clients. The bonding never created.

Until you are in a position to being jobless please do NOT join Syntel

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to follow process properly. You claim yourself as CMMI V company and just showing during evaluation but indeed do not follow it. You do not have a proper resignation system. Your application doesn't function properly therefore things are getting controlled manually and creating issues/confusions.

Do a continuous leadership awareness program to your worthless managers and make them understand what professionalism is. Off course you can implement this if you have sufficient professional in your company. I don't think you have.

Try to set a feasible target in all level. You have set a target to become 2billion in 2015.
    A company which established in early 80s is not event a 1 billion today. how come you expect to be 2 billion by 2015 Your target become a joke to every employee. This is not a sales firm that higher target achieve high result.

Senior Analyst Programer

ProsGood for freshers. Good onsite oppurtunities in some projects.
    Senior do listen to employee complains.

ConsVery bad apprisal system. Lot of favouritism.
    The HR system looks gr8 on paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease improve the apprisal process and need to address the employee concerns more often.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall disappointing

Trainee (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsGood training decent projects great campus

ConsEVERY DAY long working hours and forced to work on weekends due to which work life balance gets disturbed,resource management is very poor,most of the projects support only,no proper increment policy,hr policy for employees are poor

Advice to Senior Managementconsider improvising standards of working hours because for overtime very much less extra is paid.

Not a good company at all to work with.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsI have joined as a freasher and luck was their with me so that i got a good chance to learn new things . otherwise they mostly put freashers in production support jobs. Only monitoring job it is nothing is their to learn. i even saw how freashers pleed to the HR to change their projects but of no use. If you do not have any problem in monitoring job you may get a chance to go to onsite.

For Lateral entry the company is good as they treat them is a good manner at least.

Cons1. Not a good company at all for freashers.
    2. Many Production support projects are there so nothing is their to learn.
    3. Many times developments projects also very boring.
    4. If you are luckly in a good project prepare yourself to work for more than 12 hrs a day. As they do not mentain good resource balance in projects. Production project where scope of new work is very limited they give more resources to that project but in challenging projects they used to keep very less ammount of people.
    5. after working more than 12 hours even do not think about a good hike.
    6.HR is not at all supportive.
    7.Company only belives in channel building if u have good connection with your manager then your life is very smooth here.
    8.For lateral entry you can join the company for a hike then please change the company as soon as possible otherwise one day you will loose your expertise.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do take care of your employees they only generate revenue for you guys

Very Good

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood onsite opportunities . Good career growth

ConsBad management . Not Resource friendly .

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance employee satisfaction .

Good if you keep your boss happy :)

Technical Architect (Former Employee) Pune (India)

Prosgrowing and more opportunities coming

Consculture, process not matured , no 360 degree feedback

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on the 360 degree feedback, judge the boss as well ...

Good for Fresher,

Project Lead (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood learning as fresher. Good.

Consbad HR policies. not bed.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Joined as fresher in Syntel, and is good company for new people.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

Pros- good fro new people
    - will get good projects
    - nice campus
    - great managers

Cons- salary structure is not up to the mark
    - increment policy is not good
    - experience people are not interested to join

Advice to Senior Management- please keep transparency in the Salary and Increment structure.

Work Enviornment

Project/Delivery Manager (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood work. Good for Junior level

ConsNot employee friendly, Lot of restrictions.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce red tape culture.

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!