T.G.I. Friday's

T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd

Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment(in 23 reviews)

• I needed a job with flexible hours while in school(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out(in 14 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time(in 5 reviews)

A great company to work for, as a part time student

Dub Dub (Current Employee) Sheffield, England

ProsThe staff discount is great, plus as a student, management help you work hours around school time. Plus its easy to pick up extra/swap shifts with other members of staff. Tip can also double your wage.

ConsStandard pay is pretty low plus can be very draining in busy time periods.

disappointing

Chef (Current Employee) High Wycombe, England

ProsIt is a job opportunity..

Conshigh busy kitchen and few hours available

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about the employees

Terrible

Line Chef (Former Employee) Fareham, England

ProsNo Pros, Big flop, Horrible Company dont get involved with them

ConsBullying, Harassment, Poor Pay, Bad food

Advice to Senior ManagementDont get power crazy

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent experience and great fun

Waitress (Former Employee) Southampton, England

Prosloved the job I did and people I worked with.
    Different things happened every day - never got boring

ConsDealing with unhappy customers was quite hard.

Every company has it's pros and cons

Server (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThe best reasons to work at Fridays would be the flexibility of your work schedule, energetic atmosphere and ability to make good tips especially during the holidays. There certainly can be a feeling of camaraderie within the store.

ConsSome of the cons would be lack of available hours "out of season". I ended up averaging well under 30 hours per week (over a year) while being contracted full time. Being stretched extremely thin with too few staff on shift. All "Service Charge" was removed last year, including large parties. Frequently, a party of 20 can take up your entire section and night while not tipping a dime, causing you to loose out a nights hard work. Most con's com from head office management and not the local store.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany obvious changes have been made since Carlson taking TGI Friday's back under their ownership. It has become mush less employee oriented and strictly about profit. This is the reason I left as well as several others that I know of. Bare bones staff on shifts, being stretched extremely thin while being asked to cut the number of working hours to only 3-4 days per week. At the same time record profits were announced.

Great part-time or summer job to make some extra money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagers and co-workers were friendly and mostly helpful, so it's a pretty good work environment. Pretty good way to make money, especially as a part time job

ConsHours as a server can be rough. Won't get off until 1:30-2am if you work closing shifts. Also, some days it's pretty slow so there isn't much money to be made.

great place

Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

Prosgood company for peoploe who want to grow

Conssome of their franchise owners are not good

Advice to Senior Managementopen in the northweest again

Great atmosphere!

Bar Manager (Current Employee) Springfield, MO (US)

ProsFriday's service style goes above and beyond normal casual dining. The company believes the guests experience should always exceed expectations and there are standards set in place to ensure that happens!

ConsIf you have what it takes to please your guests, lead your team and strive to succeed there are no cons

Advice to Senior Managementhire/train and retain great people, makes the job that much easier!

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosleadership, promotions, compensation, staff, team

Consperks, benefits, personal growth, nothing

Unless you're working as an executive, EVERY employee's experience here is of love/hate.

Bartender (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsFlexible hours, many employment opportunities, many stores all over the world that you can transfer to or work at using the Friday's Passport option.

ConsI've worked on and off with the company since 1985 and over the years it has become more corporate making it painfully obvious that the employees that work for the company are nothing more than expendable tools to assist in meeting their bottom lines, while the employees bottom line dwindle's over the years... no lie, when I started I was a busser and now I'm primarily a bartender but even though I make decent money, it's nothing compared to what I made as a busser and the bussers now make so little money as to be a mystery as to how they make due. Now the company has just been sold and the direction it takes has yet to be determined. I could write a dissertation on this subject alone but it would sound like just the rantings of another employee... and that's not true. This company is currently run by people who have NEVER in their lives worked in a restaurant in any other capacity other than as an executive and it shows in their menu choices, company policies, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart teaching management interpersonal communication, more professional ethics when dealing with their employees. Relax the draconian laws such as termination of those that smoke, although I don't smoke I've seen many outstanding employees terminated because they were taking a moment to collect and cope with what's going in in the restaurant... there have NEVER been a customer complaint about their server's or bartenders taking a smoke so I see no reason as to why they need to be summarily terminated.

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!