T.G.I. Friday's

T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd

Nick Shepherd

Pros:
  • "Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment"
    in 19 reviews
  • "I needed a job with flexible hours while in school"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out"
    in 11 reviews
  • "I worked long late hours all the time"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent experience and great fun

Waitress (Former Employee)
Southampton, England

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

Prosloved the job I did and people I worked with.
Different things happened every day - never got boring

ConsDealing with unhappy customers was quite hard.

disappointing

Chef (Current Employee)
High Wycombe, England

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is a job opportunity..

Conshigh busy kitchen and few hours available

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about the employees

Every company has it's pros and cons

London, England

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

ProsThe best reasons to work at Fridays would be the flexibility of your work schedule, energetic atmosphere and ability to make good tips especially during the holidays. There certainly can be a feeling of camaraderie within the store.

ConsSome of the cons would be lack of available hours "out of season". I ended up averaging well under 30 hours per week (over a year) while being contracted full time. Being stretched extremely thin with too few staff on shift. All "Service Charge" was removed last year, including large parties. Frequently, a party of 20 can take up your entire section and night while not tipping a dime, causing you to loose out a nights hard work. Most con's com from head office management and not the local store.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany obvious changes have been made since Carlson taking TGI Friday's back under their ownership. It has become mush less employee oriented and strictly about profit. This is the reason I left as well as several others that I know of. Bare bones staff on shifts, being stretched extremely thin while being asked to cut the number of working hours to only 3-4 days per week. At the same time record profits were announced.

Bartender/ server

Server/Bartender (Former Employee)
Humble, TX (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey work around your schedule and it is always easy to pick up or give away shifts. It is a fun place to work with great people. Teamwork is key. If you work hard management will notice and you will receive good shifts and positions

ConsIt is the typical serving job, the money/ tips can have seasonal bad months. 2.13 barely covers taxes, you wont get a paycheck.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is awesome. loved all my managers and GM.

Active and Involved

Line Cook (Former Employee)
Williamsville, NY (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's a great environment if you can be friends with your coworkers, as the team functions as good as all of the parts.

ConsLong hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out. Difficult to get significant raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall enjoyed working here, and it was a good job to be able to come home from school and go to.

Could Be Better, but served its purpose

Server At TGI Fridays (Current Employee)
Brick, NJ (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

ProsI needed a job with flexible hours while in school. Since most classes are during the day, the best option was to work at night. I was able to work long weeks and make a ton of money while in school.

ConsExtremely long hours. Any time you put 50 people in the same building and try to have everyone accomplishing the same goal, you're going to fail. Managers constantly in conflict with servers and kitchen, it is like war. Also casual dining is not as good as it once was and waiters are making less. Managers end up comping food which is already ridiculous discounted and then the server gets tipped on the new bill.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have such a large restaurant. Fewer tables, fewer servers, fewer dishes for the cooks to mess up. Sounds counterintuitive but it works.

Awesome place to work

Server/Bartender (Current Employee)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time

Proswe worked together like a family and everyone was so helpful! I was able to have flexible hours and learned a lot of great tools for life as well. It was always a positive work environment and I made great money.

Conshaving to deal with rude customers, but thats normal in any restaurant you work in. Can't please them all!

Great

Akron, OH (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work hours. Entertaining staff.

ConsManagement were friends rather than mentors. Slow promotions (five + years).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore hands on work with your employees. Teach individuals the importance of a connection with clients (patrons.)

Server - eh

Bensalem, PA (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCash every day was very nice

ConsClients were bad and hours sucked

Advice to Senior ManagementReward strong workers

Extremely Corporate

Cocktail Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFridays definitely has a fun, inclusive culture and you will feel like you are a part of a family. They have extensive training in order to prepare you for your position and they tend to retain employees because of the effort that goes into training. The company is always innovating and coming out with new ideas and management is usually supportive and helpful in guiding you along the way.

ConsThe company requires all of your time. They are open 365 days a year for every single holiday and you are not allowed to request holidays off. I have worked every holiday for the past year and they don't really show any sympathy for your personal life. Also, the company implements so many changes so often that you are constantly buying new uniforms or accessories just to keep up with brand standards. The shirts we currently wear are low quality and shrink easily, so servers are constantly buying new shirts. Be prepared to spend a good chunk of your earnings on these types of things. As far as corporate companies go, they are among the most extreme.

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T.G.I. Friday's reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for T.G.I. Friday's CEO Nick Shepherd. All 240 reviews are posted anonymously by T.G.I. Friday's employees.