T-Mobile

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.4 2,065 reviews

T-Mobile CEO John Legere

John Legere

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance and a comfortable place to work(in 101 reviews)

• Great benefits opportunity to grow and make alot of money in commission in the right store(in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • I work on-call shifts, so I wish there was a more creative way to handle work/life balance(in 53 reviews)

• Upper management motivation techniques are terrible in some areas(in 85 reviews)

2,065 Employee Reviews

Good place to work, a lot of fun

Sales Assistant (Current Employee) Worcester, England

ProsCompany tends to look after you and you get to have some fun.

ConsLack of any real direction. I was there just over a year and the strategy aims must of changed three or four times and you were expected to adapt to the changes over night.

Advice to Senior ManagementStore managers were great, cannot fault them. Senior management have no idea how the business actually works on a day by day basis. There should be more integration between 'us and them'

loved it but we were outsourced to TSC and the support was gone along with any enjoyment I had.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Rotherham, England

Proshardwork gets results - if you want a career, this is the place to be

Consthere is always a risk that your role will be outsourced

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it in the country you are supplying

T-Mobile was great. EE, not so much.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Merthyr Tydfil, Wales

ProsIt was good when it was T-Mobile.

ConsSince the move to EE it's no longer a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your contact centre and store staff more and stop sacking people who disagree with certain brand values.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great, for short term financial gain, not worth the headache in the longterm

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat banter, you can really enjoy working at t-mobile if your able to work hard, have a genuine passion and desire to succeed. Staff are generally very supportive, and always willing to have a chat with you, making you feel at home

ConsThings start loosing their pop after a while, customers and the business assume that you should do and know everything finding it an insult if you are not rained or know about anything they ask.

Better communication and training would help eradicate this strenuous time consuming issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want your team to perform better, take away the nonsense they have to deal with, i.e. repairs to be dealt directly through customer services.

Let your staff focus on the sales side of things, which is in-truth what your paying them for, regardless of the 'customer service' aspect you advertise.

Tmobile

TDMS Agent (Former Employee) Sunderland, North East England, England

ProsDiscounted phone tariffs for yourself and 5 relatives/friends.

ConsVery cliquey. Lots of nepotism. Very little career progression opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake people at face value and let them use their personalties.

Energetic environment with strong leadership and qualified workforce

Head of Finance Department (Current Employee) London, England

ProsEnergetic org. with strong leadership

ConsSome of the decision making was moving from local to global control. Right thing for the business, but not as fun when key decision are happening outside of the country.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep leadership in country strong and invest in the business for long term growth; not quarterly results.

Marketing

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Saint Albans, England

Prosexciting industry, interesting people, internal mobility

Conspoor office location
    bureaucratic?
    starved of investment from parent

Advice to Senior Managementpay more on salaries
    invest in staff development

The review concerns T-Mobile UK performance

Project Manager (Current Employee) Hatfield, East of England, England

ProsExperience Opportunities in various functional areas

ConsPoor Focus and almost Everything is Broken

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Strategic and Think Long Term - Customer Centricity is the Key

Can do better

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsRelatively stable employment, they offer plenty of opportunity to furhter your skill set.

ConsIt can be boring and frustrating with all the management layers adding unnecessary bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the middle managment and listen more directly to the teams working in the front line.

Instructional Designer

Instructional Designer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsThe management is committed to developing employees.
    Promising career opportunities.
    The workplace culture is fun and engaging.

ConsCan be stressful around project deadlines and need to be flexible with working outside of normal business hours.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!