TECO Energy

Add Photos

TECO Energy CEO John B. Ramil

John B. Ramil

TECO Energy, Inc is an awesome company to work for

Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at TECO Energy full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPlenty of opportunities for in-house training as well as the ability to apply for job opportunities in other areas. Benefits are great; tuition reimbursement, even to schools such as the University of Tampa....

ConsNone that I am aware of ...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing....

Takes Care of Employes

Utility Technician (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at TECO Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood starting wages, encouraged to move up and help when you need it. Still has a defined benefit retirement plan along with 401, profit sharing, bonus plan and share purchase plans. Company goes out of its way to help loyal employes.

ConsMixed union / non union areas, no choice to be in union if assigned to union shop though you do not have to pay dues, you are still constrained by union contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix union disparity.

Do your job, if not someone else will

I have been working at TECO Energy for more than 8 years

Pros401-K, Medical 90-10, 2 week paid vac. first year.

Consnot worried about employee, u are just a #, Too many upper management involved over the same job, decisions change from one hour to the next. Too many Good Buddy races going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementSend a single employee in and let him work for a month and ask them what they witnessed.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Laid back culture is a blessing and a curse.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TECO Energy

ProsThe culture was relaxed, easy-going, and laid back. There were a lot of senior employees who had a very comfortable job, and for some, this is a big plus.

ConsThe downside of this work culture is that there is very little motivation, very little opportunity for advancement, and overall seemingly very little accountability. It is a regulated industry, and the employees appear to reflect on that.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time and energy developing corporate employees. Spend more money on bringing in educated engineers who might help overcome energy issues. It is only a matter of time before regulatations force a change in the way the company does business...why not do the research now to be ahead of the curve?

Average job in utility company

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at TECO Energy

ProsGreat oppurtinties for growth
Great pay and benifits

ConsLong hours on many occasions
Job stabaility

Advice to Senior Managementmore input from employees on the front lines--and not just those in the large cities such as NY, Chicago, Indianapolis, etc. There's a lot of wealth out there in the other front offices, yet no one asks us to participate in input on new systems, policies, etc. We end up with too many policies and procedures that then have to be retracted because someone didn't even try to see the whole picture.

Worked for TECO Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TECO Energy reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TECO Energy CEO John B. Ramil. All 5 reviews are posted anonymously by TECO Energy employees.