TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great product set

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

ProsSolid company, very innovative technical team
good training opportunities
Products work, and have a great professional services team

Consa little challenging for remote employees

Good company to work if you want to become tech guru

Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1. cutting edge technology
2.Assurance of working on new products and technology
3. Good compensation and benefits
4. If you are lucky may visit HQ in palo alto

Cons1. Seeking promotion for management role is very tough
2. You have to continuously prove that there is need of you to be in there without which you may soon become a normal person

Advice to Senior Managementneed to create opportunities for people who want to grow in higher role.

Good company to work

Technical Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOpen culture, smart people to work with. Good plans for growth for techie. Good work life balance. Decent compensation. Flexible in terms of working hours, work from home. Free snacks. Ping Pong and other recreational activities available.

ConsFocus on delivering quality has reduced a little over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresently the hiring policy is adhoc. Need to have stricter criteria before hiring individuals to ensure product deliverables meet quality standards that can enable it to stay ahead of the competiton.

Awesome culture

I have been working at TIBCO Software part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company is great and has awesome culture ,friendly atmosphere and provides opportunity for growth.

ConsThe company needs to innovate on new products and shift directions towards growth.

Excellent People, Great Products

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

ProsEveryone is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. You have the opportunity here to work on very big and interesting solutions. The company is big enough to compete with anybody, but small enough that it is possible to move quicker and be more responsive to customers. Also, best corporate cafeteria ever!

ConsDevelopment teams are geographically dispersed, often making it difficult to coordinate across time zones. Engineering is under-staffed relative to the product goals set forth.

Great place to work

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat people, innovative products, lots of learning opportunities

Consemployee benefits could be better

Nice place to work

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Proswork culture is great and easy going, people are friendly and they help each other, cafeteria is good, also has all other facilities on the site like gym and recreation sportes. Some smart people work here and they are willing to guide

Consdelay in hiring, should hire people quickly. higher management sometimes does not take proper decision on the right time and loose good people for work.

Advice to Senior Managementmore aggressive on new tech

TIBCO is a great company to work for!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Brussels (Belgium)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- TIBCO has really cool and fantastic products, so for technical people who want to learn and grow, it's a great place to be with a lot of opportunities.
- People in TIBCO are very skilled and share their knowledge, which again helps other people grow and learn.
- In Europe teams are smaller, which makes it easy to get a good working relationship with colleagues and management.
- The management structure is pretty flat which makes direct communication with management possible.
- Strong sense of independence among employees. You manage your own work and schedule as much as possible.
- Great events and training opportunities.

Cons- Some flexibility is required in terms of work location as you need to be on client site.
- Travel can be required (but can be fun as well so in my opinion not always negative - this depends on your own preference).

Advice to Senior Management- Try and find a way to compensate the inconveniences of travel for work. Many other companies have interesting arrangements for this.

I work as Sr Manager in Quality department...

Senior Manager QA (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThis place used to be very good for working and for trying new ideas since there was a time when TIBCO was doing new things and was investing in right direction....

ConsTIBCO has zero accountability at higher management...you can fail number of times and there is no impact to your package or your promotions...TIBCO has very regular salary, it's hard to expect other benefits such as RSU, Stock since you get very less of stocks, RSU and stock price is falling...culture is good but it's not thriving place to build your career ....

Advice to Senior ManagementValue people and pay them right...Get right people for right job...don't look for leaders within the company always...please make higher management responsible for their outcome...just meeting quarters should not be goal...goal should be to show a growth potential...very ordinary salary and no great potential is not going to take this company long way...

TIbco is not only the place to work ..

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

Pros1. None. I did not find anything.

Cons1. Very less onsite opportunities. They send onsite senior managers only where it is not required.
2. Do not have Group Anti Corruption Law Policies. Group of some idiots and unprofessional peoples can tarnish companies image.
3. Do not have sexual harassment policies. And HR is puppet show of managers.
4. Not recommended place for Experienced peoples.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is huge world outside tibco. Pull of some senior older managers and hire new talent.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 328 reviews are posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.