TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company which allows you to grow

Account Development (Current Employee) Portsmouth, South East England, England

ProsScope for growth, Answers to any questions are only a finger tip away (TIbbr)

ConsAnnual reviews...even if you get a high score that might not be reflected in your pay. Hard work can now and again be overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon’t miss the superstars of tomorrow, identify who they are and nurture them...do not lose them

Worst company I have ever worked for - Do not waste your time working here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maidenhead, England

Pros- Good pay and bonus (especially if you can sustain lots of overtime)

Cons- Unrealistic work expectations
    - Mostly no, little or merely self-study if training courses are not scheduled soon making it difficult to perform well during the project
    - Projects are under-resourced
    - No growth strategy
    - Products are a hard-sell unless Tibco is the only vendor on the table
    - HR unsupportive to employees
    - Very political environment where, unless careful, you may be blamed for others' mistakes
    - No work-life balance - was expected to do significant overtime including bank holidays (Christmas and New Year) working over 12 - 13 hours a day including weekends for nearly 2 months. Management could not care less about your overtime as long as the delivery is made.

Advice to Senior Management- Provide appropriate training prior to projects if the individual does not have the necessary knowledge and experience together with some mentoring during the project by someone experienced
    - Resource projects with the necessary employees

Not people focussed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maidenhead, England

ProsAgile, entrepreneurial, flexible. Good software products. If you like working as a stand alone individual then a good environment.

ConsFull of politics across European office, very hierarchical, driven by US decision making. Unfriendly. Unsupportive office environment. Everyone disliked working there. Very little focus on training and development of people. Probably different if you work in the offices in the US though...

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on clarifying EMEA management decision making hierarchy and plan to train and develop people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok

ProsGood scope of working with varieties technology.

ConsWork life balance.
    Poor pay structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for Human Resource policy.

Great company to work for, with a great vision for customers and partners alike

Sales (Current Employee) London, England

ProsAlthough TIBCO is a big player in the market with great products that resonate with our customers we are still small enough to be agile and that really helps against our competition

ConsCant say I've really come across anything that i would say is negative

Really great place to work

Senior Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat software and a real desire to produce something great. They really look after their people.

ConsCan't really think of anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more dollars into marketing.

Good people wanting to do good things

ProsExciting software and messaging where a lot of responsibility is put on you to deliver interesting solutions. Focus is on finding solutions to difficult problems and always looking at new / better ways to solve issues, rather than a one size fits all approach to every customer.

ConsCan take a long time for approvals or changes to happen, mainly due to legal team

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify a number of internal processes to make things happen quicker

Just joined and loving it.

Marketing (Current Employee) London, England

ProsHaving just joined, what strikes me most is the opportunity that TIBCO has in front of it is quite incredible. Great products, customers who are fans and a CEO who wants to double the company in size as quickly as possible. I feel lucky that I have joined at this moment in time as Tibco is giving me the opportunity to join a high growth company but also has a huge appetite for outside experience to add to its strong employee base.

ConsThe rate of growth means that some more best practice will be required which may erode the 1 Billion Start up feel but will help redundancies in the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the current trend of giving people inside the company new opportunities but don't be afraid to hire from outside in the critical positions to keep ideas fresh,

Outstanding experience , with a great combination of work and team.

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

ProsNice Work environment and a great team, motivating supervisors. A really good opportunity to work with nice people and contribute your own share in a nice motivating environment. Right from on-boarding to the organization to getting into the work flow of the team, it is very smooth and comfortable. This is one of the best organizations I worked with, which actually motivates me to look forward to a very long association.

ConsPersonally I have not come across any till date.

Everyday I learn of a new application of TIBCO solutions to solve today's problems. And it's always awe-inspiring.

Senior Manager, Demand Generation (Current Employee) Portsmouth, South East England, England

ProsExposure to some of the greatest solutions available and surrounding yourself with entrepreneurial thinking people. Every day is a school day!

ConsThe TIBCO brand isn't as well known as the likes of IBM, so the education aspect is a continual effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving, keep listening to staff and continue to be open to new ideas.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!