TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company which allows you to grow

Account Development (Current Employee)
Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsScope for growth, Answers to any questions are only a finger tip away (TIbbr)

ConsAnnual reviews...even if you get a high score that might not be reflected in your pay. Hard work can now and again be overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon’t miss the superstars of tomorrow, identify who they are and nurture them...do not lose them

Ok

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood scope of working with varieties technology.

ConsWork life balance.
Poor pay structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for Human Resource policy.

Just joined and loving it.

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsHaving just joined, what strikes me most is the opportunity that TIBCO has in front of it is quite incredible. Great products, customers who are fans and a CEO who wants to double the company in size as quickly as possible. I feel lucky that I have joined at this moment in time as Tibco is giving me the opportunity to join a high growth company but also has a huge appetite for outside experience to add to its strong employee base.

ConsThe rate of growth means that some more best practice will be required which may erode the 1 Billion Start up feel but will help redundancies in the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the current trend of giving people inside the company new opportunities but don't be afraid to hire from outside in the critical positions to keep ideas fresh,

Outstanding experience , with a great combination of work and team.

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

ProsNice Work environment and a great team, motivating supervisors. A really good opportunity to work with nice people and contribute your own share in a nice motivating environment. Right from on-boarding to the organization to getting into the work flow of the team, it is very smooth and comfortable. This is one of the best organizations I worked with, which actually motivates me to look forward to a very long association.

ConsPersonally I have not come across any till date.

Great company to work for, with a great vision for customers and partners alike

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsAlthough TIBCO is a big player in the market with great products that resonate with our customers we are still small enough to be agile and that really helps against our competition

ConsCant say I've really come across anything that i would say is negative

Really great place to work

Senior Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat software and a real desire to produce something great. They really look after their people.

ConsCan't really think of anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more dollars into marketing.

Good people wanting to do good things

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExciting software and messaging where a lot of responsibility is put on you to deliver interesting solutions. Focus is on finding solutions to difficult problems and always looking at new / better ways to solve issues, rather than a one size fits all approach to every customer.

ConsCan take a long time for approvals or changes to happen, mainly due to legal team

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify a number of internal processes to make things happen quicker

Everyday I learn of a new application of TIBCO solutions to solve today's problems. And it's always awe-inspiring.

Senior Manager, Demand Generation (Current Employee)
Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExposure to some of the greatest solutions available and surrounding yourself with entrepreneurial thinking people. Every day is a school day!

ConsThe TIBCO brand isn't as well known as the likes of IBM, so the education aspect is a continual effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving, keep listening to staff and continue to be open to new ideas.

Not about the software

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people who actually do the work are generally worth working with. You can't get to the top if you don't live in Palo Alto, and rewards are commensurate with closeness to the power structures. At the same time, you don't get much hassle if you deliver, and there is a lot of freedom to deliver how you prefer if you get on with your direct manager.

ConsThis is what a company looks like when the driving motivation is to provide the rock star CEO with all the toys a modern CEO needs. Needs a clearout at the top to become a 5 billion dollar company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking so short term, and make this a product company again.

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat products and moving beyond middleware into analytics and social.

ConsDysfunctional executive management, limited/poor marketing, too many products which confuse the markets, analysts and salesmen. Appalling process inefficiencies and disconnected back office systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementCull / consolidate products and simplify marketing.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 328 reviews are posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.