TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated 19 September 2014
3.8

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé
Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Has the potential but limited by poor leadership decisions

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Maidenhead, England
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Maidenhead, England

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great sales people come and go, great atmosphere at conferences and most of the time in the office. Good technology and some very smart technologists. I really liked the CEO Vivek, super smart guy.

Cons

Quarterly targets a constant challenge, often senior sales VP's would pull rank and call the client directly, and under sell the value on a deal that may have taken months to set up. Usual challenge with revenue's across borders, with team work ending in different countries as soon as they thought they might lose revenue to you.

Try not to change strategies so often, don't panic with bad figures, understand the problem and put in place a strategy to overcome the problem. The sales cycle is 12-24 months, stick by your good sales people and managers it takes a long time to bring in and bring up to speed replacements. It will require a period of sustained stability to bring the numbers back in my humble opinion, buy your team and stick by them, don't just sack them if you don't get the desired result in a few quarters.

Worst company I have ever worked for - Do not waste your time working here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Maidenhead, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

- Good pay and bonus (especially if you can sustain lots of overtime)

Cons

- Unrealistic work expectations
    - Mostly no, little or merely self-study if training courses are not scheduled soon making it difficult to perform well during the project
    - Projects are under-resourced
    - No growth strategy
    - Products are a hard-sell unless Tibco is the only vendor on the table
    - HR unsupportive to employees
    - Very political environment where, unless careful, you may be blamed for others' mistakes
    - No work-life balance - was expected to do significant overtime including bank holidays (Christmas and New Year) working over 12 - 13 hours a day including weekends for nearly 2 months. Management could not care less about your overtime as long as the delivery is made.

- Provide appropriate training prior to projects if the individual does not have the necessary knowledge and experience together with some mentoring during the project by someone experienced
    - Resource projects with the necessary employees

Not people focussed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Maidenhead, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Agile, entrepreneurial, flexible. Good software products. If you like working as a stand alone individual then a good environment.

Cons

Full of politics across European office, very hierarchical, driven by US decision making. Unfriendly. Unsupportive office environment. Everyone disliked working there. Very little focus on training and development of people. Probably different if you work in the offices in the US though...

Focus on clarifying EMEA management decision making hierarchy and plan to train and develop people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good scope of working with varieties technology.

Cons

Work life balance.
    Poor pay structure.

Care for Human Resource policy.

Great company which allows you to grow

Current Employee - Account Development  in  Portsmouth, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Account Development in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Scope for growth, Answers to any questions are only a finger tip away (TIbbr)

Cons

Annual reviews...even if you get a high score that might not be reflected in your pay. Hard work can now and again be overlooked.

Don’t miss the superstars of tomorrow, identify who they are and nurture them...do not lose them

Outstanding experience , with a great combination of work and team.

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice Work environment and a great team, motivating supervisors. A really good opportunity to work with nice people and contribute your own share in a nice motivating environment. Right from on-boarding to the organization to getting into the work flow of the team, it is very smooth and comfortable. This is one of the best organizations I worked with, which actually motivates me to look forward to a very long association.

Cons

Personally I have not come across any till date.

Great company to work for, with a great vision for customers and partners alike

Current Employee - Sales  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Although TIBCO is a big player in the market with great products that resonate with our customers we are still small enough to be agile and that really helps against our competition

Cons

Cant say I've really come across anything that i would say is negative

Really great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great software and a real desire to produce something great. They really look after their people.

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

Put more dollars into marketing.

Everyday I learn of a new application of TIBCO solutions to solve today's problems. And it's always awe-inspiring.

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Demand Generation  in  Portsmouth, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Demand Generation in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to some of the greatest solutions available and surrounding yourself with entrepreneurial thinking people. Every day is a school day!

Cons

The TIBCO brand isn't as well known as the likes of IBM, so the education aspect is a continual effort.

Keep moving, keep listening to staff and continue to be open to new ideas.

Good people wanting to do good things

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting software and messaging where a lot of responsibility is put on you to deliver interesting solutions. Focus is on finding solutions to difficult problems and always looking at new / better ways to solve issues, rather than a one size fits all approach to every customer.

Cons

Can take a long time for approvals or changes to happen, mainly due to legal team

Simplify a number of internal processes to make things happen quicker

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!