TRW Automotive

TRW Automotive Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

TRW Automotive Chairman of the Board, President and CEO John C. Plant

John C. Plant

Pros
  • good salary good people place to learn on seem to make smart business decisions (in 7 reviews)

• Good place to learn and grow in the automotive industry (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible work/ life balance, your home is just a place to store your stuff (in 3 reviews)

• Limited career growth opportunities (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good working experience in an Automotive company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pros of the position include flexible working hours and friendly people who help you out whenever needed.

ConsHave not been working there long enough to specify. The training side of things could be improved.

UK based role

Marketing (Former Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsGood employer, looks after your health

ConsBeing an American Automotive firm will always mean a meagre salary, fewer benefits and the sound of constant whingeing from people who have been there a long time (fewer benefits, no pay rises, loss of perks, moral etc)

Advice to Senior ManagementFewer meetings and more decision making!

Disorganised, rushed and poor management

Irrelevant, I Did Multiple Peoples Jobs As They Refused to (Former Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsFairly relaxed environment, people are nice when they're not being shouted at by senior management or the yes men. Lots of opportunity to move about as staff turnover is pretty high!

ConsManagement don't have a clue how things actually work. Even after explaining with evidence the reasons for things being the way they are, that information is discarded/ overlooked. They think things can be solved with emails and spreadsheets rather than using their eyes, ears and mouths to gather appropriate info.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop bullying staff and ask them how to solve problems as opposed to blindly barking orders and wondering why it's all gone to pot. A happy worker is a productive worker. An unhappy worker is miserable and bitter towards the company and people responsible. Think about it.....pretty simple, really!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

worst place I've ever worked.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Solihull, England

ProsNONE !!!.....leaving is a pro....because you've escaped.

ConsCompany does not care about employees, only interested in profits for share holders. When you resign you are treated like an outcast.

Advice to Senior Managementno point giving anby advice as they don't and will not EVER listen

So-so

Prosloads of opportunities to get experience
    Staff are friendly
    early friday finish
    opportunities to travel around the world

ConsNot hesitant on giving more work but not reflecting it in pay.
    HR is slow to act
    Last minute pay freeze

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is a two way system, you compensate more, you'll get more from the employees

Global opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsTruly global organisation with interesting products - excellent results

ConsPoor culture, too much pressure

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the soft issues as much as the hard ones

Interesting

Finance (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI (US)

ProsMore challenging/rewarding work, work with good people.

ConsBuilding condition, building layout/functionality, lack of actual cubes for each employee, Corporate lacks the benefits and employee appreciation of comparable companies/competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher degree of value on employees.

ok

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Fowlerville, MI (US)

Prosnice working conditions and they provided uniforms.

ConsTo many bosses getting involved

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat People better

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI (US)

ProsTRW allows me to work on projects where I am able to interact with all levels within the company. There has been plenty of career opportunities available as well. Hard working people who really care about what we do and the products we make.

ConsTRW is a fast paced working environment and you have to be able to handle multiple tasks at one time. If you are unable to thrive in this type of environment, then this may not be a good fit

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest back into the company.

Great place to grow your career

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI (US)

ProsTRW is a large, global company. If you are looking for a place where you can learn, be challenged, and grow your career, this is the company to join. I have always been able to make a move/take on a new role when I was ready for a change. I have been able to maintain adequate work life balance.

ConsTRW is very lean. Resources are not abundant and if you are a manager, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and work - not just manage - not a con for me but is for some others.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more robust, global systems.

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!