Tag Worldwide Reviews

54 reviews filtered by
2.6
Tag Worldwide Global CEO John Paulson
John Paulson

Pros
  • I'll admit the beer on Fridays was cool, too, though (in 7 reviews)

• Some great People at your level (whilst they're about (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of turnover understandably caused by recent Williams Lea acquisition (in 8 reviews)

• It has a very cliche culture and senior management tend to play favourites (in 5 reviews)

1. It's getting better but more is needed

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Plenty of social activities
    - Xmas work party is great
    - Fruit and snacks every Wednesday
    - Quarterly face-to-face business update from MDs (Very new)
    - Half decent training program easily accessible to all (Very new)
    - Clear processes and workflows now in place
    - Reviews from senior management are regular and somewhat promise an increase but they don't really have any say in your pay rise anymore, you're lucky to get 1% per annum.
    - Progression is a lot better than what it was and leads to big pay increases
    - Clear and open communication from top down (Very New)
    - New roles internally advertised leading to better career progression.

Cons

- Oversale and wrong expectations set to client in initial discussions for next-gen software by directors (who has now left!), leading to very difficult PM
    - Been here long before Williams Lea took over, even though they have improved processes and workflows we are now all expecting to see redundancy once the new software has been completed. Teams have already been hugely downsized and out sourced to India or SA.
    - A lot of senior directors have left in a short space of time (slightly worrying)
    - Childish environment/Unprofessional colleagues (like a school playground at times)
    - Favoritism by senior management
    - Allowed to get away with murder! people come and go as they please, take long lunches all the time, smokers allowed as many breaks as they want and no real accountability for actions.
    - No real experience in the team and the few long timers here (i'm talking only 3 years+), are on the way out and unappreciated.
    - Turn over of staff isn't as bad as it was but still not great
    - IT infrastructure regularly down or very slow.

Advice to Management

- Crack down on staff that do not work and take the p*
    - Notice and appreciate those that do work hard, that do work through their lunches, that do stay late, that do work out of hours and do not say to them "you need to watch your time" when others do not.
    - Do not out source complex or high value tasks or projects and then wonder why you have poorly working software systems both V4 and 5.
    - All departments moan about the software. Don't blame the people who support it, blame the lack of recourse/funding, the direction that some senior people bulldozed their way in and jumped to queue to get ridiculous functionality that only serves one client, which I have seen time and time again. Its an aging system that cannot handle the volume of work and client needs.
    - More funding and resources for next gen platform

Like Working In A Factory

Former Employee - Creative Artworker in London, England
    Former Employee - Creative Artworker in London, England

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good for youngsters, but only as a stepping stone. Good Xmas works do. There are some nice teams to work with.

Cons

There are so many things wrong with this company, I could right a book on it. I was there long before Williams Lea took over and it is no different to how it was before, except for the impending doom of redundancies now hanging over everyone's heads. The place is run by what seems to be a bunch of wide boys, possibly former gangsters, who only look out for themselves and wouldn't think twice about running you over if you got in their way. The management do not do a thing to improve this company, the only thing they are concerned with is getting work out the door on time. This is made very difficult due to poor, dated equipment, software that doesn't work properly, and that over complicates the most simplest of jobs. To make things worse, the management are constantly moaning about the state of the company, which is terrible for morale, but they do not do anything about it, just shout and scream. Most of the staff there have totally lost any enthusiasm, I think on average it takes about a month. This leads to sloppy or lazy performance. The building (Clerkenwell) is a state, the toilets are always filthy, or blocked. No one makes any effort to clean after themselves in the kitchen. The redundancy situation was an absolute shambles, and probably illegal. They, the management and HR basically try to get away with paying you as little as possible, you really need to keep your wits about you. As for pay, the whole 6 years I was there I didn't have one review, and therefore not one pay rise. Not even a cost of living rise. I was told I should ask, but I felt I would just get laughed at. There is a constant turn over as one by one staff leave because they have had enough.

Advice to Management

There's no point saying anything to them, it won't change.

3. It's great

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It feels great and it makes you feel at the core of business. Compensation is ok, people are great.

Cons

Perhaps working on the company culture to make it more creative would be great.

A great place to work that is driven by the people, been some positive changes to the environment and career opportunity's for those that have the right attitude and hunger to progress.

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, career opportunities, fruit once a week, social events, Xmas parties, very sociable crowd, young full of fresh ideas, training and development is good, few very skilled people managers

Cons

Below market rates, contributes to staff attrition, few areas understaffed and overworked. Some managers not experienced enough to lead teams.

Advice to Management

Create a clear path to promote the leaders of tomorrow, reward individuals who have added value. Introduce cross departmental workshops to create synergy and knowledge transfer between teams.

6. Good company but no career movement

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time

Pros

Nice people, great location, work life balance

Cons

Salary and poor communication on a senior level

Awful, absolutely hated it.

Former Employee - Brand Guardian in London, England
    Former Employee - Brand Guardian in London, England

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The rest of the team, all in the same situation on the account. They were all very supportive.

Cons

Global Account Director management style was non-existent with zero people skils, salary, work load, management.

Advice to Management

Keep on constantly reviewing Global Account Directors.

Good company but no career movement.

Current Employee - Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - Developer in London, England

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great location, fantastic Xmas parties.

Cons

No annual salary reviews, no pay rises. After Williams Lea bought Tag it got worse and worse. They say that they do care and promise you changes, but nothing ever happened. No leadership from senior management. No Trainings.
    It's a digital world and Tag IT blocks you from everything, admin rights on developers machines for example are needed to perform some tasks.

Advice to Management

Reward individuals who have added the value before they leave.

The Rise and Fall of Tag

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great to have on your CV
    Used to be a lot of Pro's but not since DHL have taken control. I have watched this company grow and was respected for the work it did, but now we are losing more pitches and accounts then we are winning.

Cons

No Training
    No career path
    No leadership from senior management
    Work you hard for little reward
    No overtime

Advice to Management

Stop treating your staff as numbers on a balance sheet
    Listen to your staff
    Wake up to sending work out to low cost hubs who do not understand the culture of the company all for the sake of improving the balance sheet so that the faceless share holders get their premiums

No future!

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good office location, some decent knowledgeable people, albeit downtrodden.

Cons

No perks, no training. Boring work with no chance of promotion or progression as management do not see individuals' skills or experience. Many layers of management, some of which no one has any idea what they do. With more and more work being moved overseas to ill-equipped studios, the future looks bleak.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, offer training and a career path.

Work-Heavy

Current Employee - Digital Project Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Digital Project Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Experience dealing with a lot of incoming work on a constant basis. Developing good organizational skills as well as learning to manage huge amounts of work.

Cons

Not much room for new skill learning. Work is far too busy to allow for any room for training.

Advice to Management

At times the job can consume the employee, needing to work late beyond the desired hours. Incentives should be provided for workers to be happy to work late hours. Salary rise, social activities, training, etc.