Tag Worldwide

Tag Worldwide Global CEO John Paulson

John Paulson

Work-Heavy

Digital Project Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsExperience dealing with a lot of incoming work on a constant basis. Developing good organizational skills as well as learning to manage huge amounts of work.

ConsNot much room for new skill learning. Work is far too busy to allow for any room for training.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times the job can consume the employee, needing to work late beyond the desired hours. Incentives should be provided for workers to be happy to work late hours. Salary rise, social activities, training, etc.

It's not the same place as it used to be

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsReally nice people and office culture
    Fantastic Xmas party

ConsIt's a mess and management don't do anything about it rather than agreeing that it's a mess.....hopeless
    No career path, no promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementStart noticing your staff before they leave

Not the Tag we used to know

Artworker (Former Employee) London, England

ProsIt's a well known company and a good starting point for juniors.
    Apart from that i can't actually think of any.

ConsSome people have to work very hard, whilst some people have it easy street. It used to be set hours with voluntary paid overtime. A lot of people now feel pressured to do overtime for the minimum rate.
    It feels like a different company after being taken over by Williams & Lea in 2012.
    You used to feel like you had a future there and many people would work until retirement. Every year more and more redundancies as they let go of good people and ship work to their 'Overseas Hubs'. I wonder what the future is for employees now but i have lost all confidence and I'm sure moral is at an all time low.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your people, because your losing your best people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice people, bright future which will depend on big business decisions at group level over next few years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood people, highly ambitious business, leverage of DPDHL supply chain yet to be unlocked

ConsTakes a while to gain backing from senior business directors, sometimes slow in making decisions especially when involving changes to their processes. Still some time before real benefit is seen from unlocking DPDHL Supply chain capabilities

really interesting job, great team, super stressful though

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat team of colleagues, kind management, I got to learn a lot while working in such a big fast-paced company

Consno prospects of actual career, got more stressful with almost unmanageable amount of workload after the first year

Global Account Director

Global Account Director (Current Employee) London, England

ProsUnique proposition that is not seen anywhere in the industry.
    I can see the future being very good if we start working together and realise the vision.

ConsSenior management from parent company that actually miss the finite difference of who we are and we do what we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more - face to face - please stop the emails!!

Good for experience

Account Handler (Former Employee) London, England

Prosgreat place to start

ConsNo perks and long hours. There seems to be some discrimination to women and working mothers. I have seen people being bullied.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to their staff.

Sinking in the UK, rising in India - employees always fearing redundancy as the work and their jobs get shipped to India

Mac Operator (Current Employee) London, England

ProsWell, its a job and you get paid at the end of the month, that's about as positive as I can be. It's also in a pleasant part of London and not too bad to get to. Good for experience until something better comes along.

ConsCertainly more cons than pros. Wages average, rises hard to come by unless you are one of the upper echelons of the company! Very few benefits unless you work for the Williams Lea side of things, you can be doing the same job in the same office, one person works for Tag the other for WL, the WL person may have different hours and wages (better). A benefits booklet was sent round...oh no, not for Tag employees, only WL. There is a constant fear of redundancy as jobs and work gets shipped to India, how many clients realise their work is being produced in India is anyone's guess.
    Training is OK if you are a new starter, plenty to be taught before they leave for greener pastures.
    With Tag's previous owner, you felt part of the company, now, you are just a number waiting to be deleted without a thought.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to the people who actually have to make your fortunes, not just the figures on your screens.
    Equalise the benefits between the Tag and WL employees. Have a serious rethink about shipping the work to hubs in India and the USA, may save you plenty of money now, but when you lose those clients because of those hubs...!

The opposite of a good employer

Mac Operator (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThere really are no pros to working here. You may be busy, you might gain some experience but whether it is of value elsewhere I would doubt.

ConsYou are nothing more than a number, just a resource to be replaced by cheaper labour in India at the earliest opportunity. There is absolutely no career development or anything resembling corporate training. Your efforts will not be rewarded nor will you be thanked for going the extra mile. Williams Lea have turned what was an acceptable (not good) company to work for into a disastrous place to work. Round after round of redundancies after the work is pushed to India leave staff demotivated, undervalued and simply either waiting for an abysmal redundancy package or looking for other work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's nothing anyone could say. You've never listened to your employees before.

Management is a mess

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe employees are great. Shame about the management, the lack of training schemes and general inability to see staff as something more than machines.

ConsLittle training, no budget for investing in employees, poor facility, no structural transparency.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomething needs to be done. A company is nothing without its people.

Worked for Tag Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!