Tag Worldwide

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tag Worldwide Global CEO John Paulson

John Paulson

Good Experience, not one to forge a career with

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat exposure to trafficking a high volume of work. On the H&M account we were always busy with one thing or another, so it's useful as you need to quickly figure out systems for dealing with the pace.

ConsLittle training offered other than on the job, and no sight of next steps. You need to be very self motivated and take your future in your own hands and push where you want to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and create more team spirit within the group to stop it feeling factory like.

Very Good Environment

Account Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company culture
You work for the most renowned companies in the world
Very helpful managers
Friendly colleagues
Very good location of offices
Great name to have on your cv

ConsBase salary is really low. In order to get paid a salary to keep up with the costs in London, you have to be an account manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrese the entry level salary

Poor leadership and lack of employee support

Project Manager (Former Employee)
London, England

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is a good stepping stone for someone with limited experience.

ConsIt has a very cliche culture and senior management tend to play favourites. Very poor induction training and little management support. CMD software is extremely unreliable and is plaqued with bugs. I found senior management to be very unsupportive and dictatorial. There is a very low staff retention rate due to the relatively low wages, lack of benefits, senior management bullying and poor working conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for new staff members. Need to learn how to interact with staff and improve the social elements within the office. Appreciate your staff and support them were necessary.

Chaos and one more time chaos

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros- Not in the city centre
- thinking really hard to fidn anything...

Cons- chaos lack of good managers and any management
- ugly office
- lack of basic tools like computers
- no benefits
- bad pay
- you have to work 9-6 or usually longer
- rotation
- no id
- no any security - anyone can get in and take/steal your things
- you have to be tolerant to satnd super stupid ideas
- be just a tribe in the machine, no creativity aloud

Advice to Senior ManagementJust organize yourself better

TAG: A stepping stone to better places, you decide...

Project Manager (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsSome great People at your level (whilst they're about!!)
Casual agency atmosphere.
The very few people that do know what they are doing here (You know who you are)
Graduate haven - That could be a con depending on how you look at it.
Opportunity to develop new skills quickly.
Looks good on the CV.

ConsBased on what I've observed in my department and to some extent other teams:

Job titles typically don't match what you're role actually entails.
Sloppy processes (this is steadily improving)
Poor Training. (this is improving)
Inexperienced/trophy managers.
Way below market rate salary.
Overworking due to poor foresight/management.
Politics and Cliques.
Employee retention - Looks bad when you are attending department leaving do's every 2 weeks.
Career progression comes to those who are willing to stick around for the long haul 5+ years.

TAG do not promote internal Job opportunities!! - Management & HR would rather keep you where you are for their own needs rather than the needs of the business or your own.

TAG is divided into 2 groups:
Those that work at TAG for a max of 2-3 years, gain skills, experience and move on to where they want to be.
Those that slog it for the long haul get promoted all the way up the TAG family, get taken care of but ultimately forego any real ability to be able to find new employment down the line.

Advice to Senior Management-Find a new job for a few months, see how other businesses work then come back to TAG. Enlighten yourself because you've been here so long you don't know any better or know how to improve.

-Offering below market rate it's no wonder people leave so make the effort to value your subordinates hard work and experience and invest in them because in the long term you lose knowledge base and waste time/money training new people.

Ability or hard work will not further your career, or save you when cuts come. Its who you know that counts here...

Artworker (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIts a large company and has a lot of accounts so provides as much job security as you can get in the trade these days.

ConsDespite dotting the i's and crossing the t's, the senior management couldn't care less about you. Its not uncommon for people to have worked there for 10 years without even a cost of living increase.
Apparently the company never makes any money, or at least not enough to reward hard work or years of service. Nepotism is rife. Account handlers are brought in to do jobs that they either cant do or are not sufficiently trained to do, despite the internal (on job) training which is a joke.
The result is a growing decline in the skills required to work efficiently, meaning the perceived saving on employing cheaper and lower skilled people to do the job is more than cancelled by the costs in production through mistakes/lost time. The culture of uncaring, over bearing and corrupt management means that whilst the worst people are compelled to work at the lowest possible acceptable standard, the better people despair at what could be a much better more productive environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the layers of lazy, inept, cosy management that look out for each other by protecting the status quo, and introduce an incentive scheme for employees to advance, better themselves and the company through hard work. There are good people working at Tag that could be better and more valuable.

Fun, engaging, the kind of job you jump out of bed for

Product Owner (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people, enthusiastic, committed, hard working
Big emphasis on sharing knowledge and best practice, developing ideas through collaboration
You're made to feel like you're really valued and not just a cog in a machine
Nice bonuses (huge Christmas party, small annual incentives, discounted gym membership, etc.)
Well organised

ConsPay below the industry average (£5-10k in some cases)
Benefits aren't great (bike to work scheme, child care vouchers, PAYG healthcare, free eye tests for VDU users)
No formal pension scheme, opt-in on an employee by employee basis (although this will change with the new pension regulations)
No share scheme
No private healthcare

Advice to Senior ManagementCan be overly flexible in certain areas (too many ways of doing the same things) which can lead to inefficiencies.

My current work

Flash Designer (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Tag Worldwide for more than a year

ProsCompany options, people and environment

ConsDevelopment and grow opportunities for Individuals

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities to grow and develop

A good place to start, but not a good place to stay

Graphic Designer (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTop-of-the-line macs, access to pretty much any software you need, relaxed jeans and t-shirt environment (in general, when there's not clients parading through), Free beer on fridays and cookies on wednesday if you like that sort of thing. Some interesting work and/or clients which makes for good mentions on the resume. Good place to start or to put a few stars on the resume in order to get to somewhere better.

ConsNO opportunities for advancement unless you're in with a very select few. NO correlation between title and responsibilities, as you end up doing things well above and beyond your job description (of course it's expected but one of those things left unsaid). Lots of BS paper work and feel-good corporate programs that account to nothing. Can be VERY click-y, as most of the agency is below the age of 35 and there are standard high-school politics at play. No real defined purpose of agency as it seems the standard rule is "make it cheap and don't say no," which is going to step on more than a few toes considering the agency is supposed to work with other CREATIVE agencies and be nothing more than a PRODUCTION agency. Salaries are, of course, below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen when those lowly employees below you say the business practices only have the clients' best interests in mind. It isn't a sweat shop, and if the management doesn't value what the employees do, why should anyone else? Also, maybe pay people better or provide opportunities for advancement and you wouldn't have the crazy turnover you do...

The North America business is still undergoing a transition from Williams Lea to Tag Worldwide

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time

ProsThere is a great deal of talent in the organization. They are extremely dedicated to provided value to their clients.

ConsAside from the talented workforce, the organization lacks focus, direction and the infrastructure for sustained growth. Employment is dependent on client account renewals, which few corporate opportunities outside of New York.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on growing the middle market segment, leadership can't just go after Fortune 100/500 clients. Invest in technology for both front and back-office functions.

Worked for Tag Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tag Worldwide reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Tag Worldwide CEO John Paulson. All 15 reviews are posted anonymously by Tag Worldwide employees.