Tata Consultancy Services

3.3 7,246 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services CEO & Managing Director Natarajan Chandrasekaran

Natarajan Chandrasekaran

(3,446 ratings)

Pros
  • Great work life balance but to one needs patience to move ahead with carrer in TCS(in 784 reviews)

• Good work culture, not too much stress in work, no working hours pressure(in 427 reviews)

Cons
  • Small con is salary but compare with additonal work life balance it balances(in 184 reviews)

• Very less salary at onsite/offshore compare to other companies(in 170 reviews)

7,246 Employee Reviews

Good learning experience

Assistant Systems Engineer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsIn TCS, you will get to learn a lot and get different experiences in different roles within the company. This can help you to decide what career path you would like to take in the future.

ConsThe lack of structure for TCS UK, the pay is not very great and sometimes in projects there is no challenge and sometimes you will sit there and do nothing (which could be a good thing or bad).

Advice to Senior ManagementStructure TCS in UK.

Variety of Profiles

ITA (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVariety of profiles
    Variety of clients and technologies

ConsMid level management
    Bidding is done at extermely low profits and associates are made to work extra hours to retain the profits

Advice to Senior ManagementMore trianing is required
    Try to retain the talent

Friendly work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTata Consultancy Services has friendly work environment, the employees' results are reviewed frequently. The employees who have good results got frequently symbolic bonuses.

ConsTata Consultancy Services could motivates its employees better with more trainings, more objective management assignment, with more internal communication.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AST

Astt Systems Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe culture is friendly , varied and works well for the lucky fe

Consperformance management, promotion, politics and poor HR

Excellent Place to work

ProsFreedom to innovate. Company is constantly evolving giving you more and more opportunities to grow , Excellent support provided to people who are talented. Company Goals forces managers to ensure outputs which is good as this in turn ensures manager ensures associates growth and recognize talent.

ConsJust like any other company your experience depends on the project and the manager you work with so you need to pick the right manager. Fortunately the good managers outnumber the bad ones for now.

Advice to Senior Management180 degree visibility would be great. Reduce hierarchy and appreciate good managers. Appreciate them even when things are going well in a steady state and not just when issues arise and have been resolved.

There is a LOT of talent in the fresh batch which comes in every year and we may not be utilising all that they are capable of .

Great Work Life Balance

Assistant Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Reading, England

ProsGreat option for work life balance.
    There is no limit to growth if you want to, as long as you are managing well.

ConsSalary is little less than industry standard I guess.

Advice to Senior Managementconsider making more competitive, and more perks to hard working people.

Really an awsome place to work

IT Analyst (Current Employee) London, England

ProsWork Culture
    Job Security
    Opportunities
    Diversity is the best in the industry

ConsCompensations and bonus could be given more but because of huge strength

Hopeless, Makes you worthless... no meaningful trainings... fit for maintenance and misc development work

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsGreat work life balance, infact nothing else to mention really

ConsNo meaningful growth, unless you keep yourself updated

Advice to Senior ManagementThey know...

An enigma

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

ProsThe independence, the work life balance. Opportunities

ConsNo mentors, unstructured way of working. HR policies are not employee focused. The performance appraisal system.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees and address concerns. Invest in collaboration, small team based events.

Excellent

Onsite Technical Lead (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVery good company to work for.

ConsNot much on the cons side.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!