Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros
  • Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management(in 9 reviews)

• Lack of appreciation and work life balance(in 4 reviews)

If you have the talent and deliver results, you will be given opportunities to grow

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsGood benefits, car, health & excellent pension.
    Fun and friendly place to work.
    Spacious, modern office.
    There is a gym at the office.
    The staff canteen is pretty good.
    If you knuckle down and do a good job, you will be recognised and given exposure to new tasks & job opportunities.

ConsSlough...
    Slough...
    Slough!!!
    Re-orgs & redundancies are fairly common, but to be fair this is the case at all mobile network operators.
    The hierarchy is less flat than other organisations that i have worked in.
    Some of the internal intranet tools are terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus less on cost-cutting and invest more cash into new products and future revenue generation.

Good employer - great working atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood working atmosphere,
    Good training,
    Competitive salaries for the work performed
    Better than out source companies
    Sunday salary bonus
    free coffee
    some parking availiable
    Have set salary scales

ConsUnsociable hours
    Not a great job to be doing
    Not always able to park
    over time staffing levels are not always enough
    No commission opportunities for non-sales staff, especially technical staff

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the achievers and implement fast track schemes
    Give more incentives
    make more schemes for employees, i.e. healthcare, save share etc...

Used to be a lovely place to work for, now its changed

Sales Advisor (Former Employee) Watford, East of England, England

ProsStaff contracts are great. You get to leave the store soon after shop is closed, rarely have to stay behind for long.

ConsTargets! Management are so persistent on targets they will encourage you to practically do anything for a sale. It's better to work in a busier store, in quieter stores it is harder to exceed all your targets.

Advice to Senior ManagementStore managers need to be more understanding and realistic of targets in certain areas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Went from excellent to disappointing

Content Director (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsThere was a lot of autonomy in the Content department, as long as you were creating traffic and/or money.

ConsBoard management who didn't have a clue about content, social networks, or non-voice data.
    People pushing wasteful initiatives to advance their careers, at a cost of millions to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to trust successful people and let them get on with their job, even if you don't understand what they do.

Good place to work

Project/Programmer Management (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

ProsThe cutting edge technological projects work that is embarked on by the company is very challenging and presents a wide range of opportunities for the right skilled

ConsTo many changes in business in a short span of time..decision making is very slow

Advice to Senior ManagementChange doesn't necessarily mean reduction...should explore reallignment opportunities as well

Was a great place to work

Manager (Former Employee) Leeds, England

ProsForward thinking company, who put the customer first. Very technology driven, so great place to work if you like new gadgets, and cool working environements

ConsOccasional internal recruitment was related to who you knew and not what you knew. Lots of travel up and down the M1,

Decent company to work for

ProsBonus, discount and the basic pay

ConsLack of appreciation and work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementMore effective people management and less dropping pressure from above

Brand give you an initial good perception, but scratch the surface and you see a much different o2!

Business Sales (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible working
    Peer group support
    Good brand Identity

ConsToo much middle management
    Clique with out of touch senior management
    Targets changed countless times in the last 12 months - no stability for sales guys.
    Lack of support

I have been working at O2 UK for nearly two years and in which time there has been words/phrases such as, 'Strategy', and 'Wider picture', etc that become empty after a while. At each briefing the senior management are so full of their own self importance spewing out inspirational quotes and 'high fiving', each other that they actually believe what they are saying.

They seem to be out of touch with a lot of the front line sales people and do not listen about challenges in the market. Its only when they perceive it to be a challenge they will change process, at which time its too late.

Middle management talk of their wider support and how they are there to help you progress, but they are effectively nothing more that glamorised bean counters that ask you repeatedly for duplicated spreadsheets with forecasts that you have already given them 7 times in one morning.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the front line sales people and implement relevant changes.

good work environment accross business

Test Engineer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood colleagues, magnifient knowledge, vibrant ideas

Consbad communication between departments best business in the world

Incompetence on a Grand Scale. Dishonesty, Too.

Product (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVery low expectations. Excellent health coverage in the U.S. Liberal work policies

ConsThe leadership is incredibly incompetent. They are totally out of touch with the markets they are supposed to serve and as a result this company has spun out failure after failure and continues to do so. The idea was digital agility and scale of a global telco. The reality is, agility of a global telco without any real businesses to justify the massive overhead. CapEx reviews are on a monthly basis, making it impossible to build anything. Sales targets are wildly inflated and sales models built without any real due diligence into a sector. Management is trucked in to oversee businesses that it has never touched and then doesn't even bother to learn about it. Recruiting practices are downright dishonest - promises are made that are not fulfilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementShutter the place. Or clean house. It can't get any worse.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!