Tenet Healthcare

Updated 22 February 2015
2.7

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter
Trevor Fetter

Pros
  • My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013 (in 6 reviews)

• Great co-workers at the facility level (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities (in 4 reviews)

• It's all about money game for upper management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great but Lack of communication from management.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits, travel, pay, ability to get multiple certifications.

Cons

Lack of communication from corporate management.

I have learned some new skills with this company.

Current Employee - Care Partner in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Care Partner in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very competitive with wages. Learning environment

Cons

don't have good benefit structure.

Medical Assistant

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job Security, Benefits, Training, Advancement, Education Reimbursement

Cons

Understaffed, High Demands, Extreme stress, Lack of appreciation for staff, Administration has taken over the time allotted for patient care.

Hire more people or consider to put MA's that want salary the option. As this will give MA 1 time to do all the work allowed without OT, and it will save the company money.

Challenging Environment But Great for a Type A Personality

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tenet is a great place to work if you are a flexible, dynamic creative thinker that can deal with chaos. There is a lot of autonomy, limitless opportunities to shine and impact positive change.

Cons

No real career path. Less than ideal work environment (cubicles with no privacy, very loud, very distracting. Impossible to have a professional conversation unless you are fortunate enough to score one of the very hard to come by conference or huddle rooms.

Slow Down. Do more due diligence, Hire the right people. Give them the tools and environment to do their job and be realistic about what one person can do.

Awesome company, awesome staff at the HQ!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have nothing but positive things to say about Tenet! The environment is very laid back (office is extremely quiet). They are accommodating and very flexible with any personal issues that may come up. Everyone works together very well. It's a great team environment.

Cons

Tenet offers great health benefits as long as you utilize a Tenet facility. Unfortunately, there are limited facilities in Dallas, making it a little bit difficult.

It's a job!

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

its come a LONG time way since I started working here many years ago but has a ways to go still. Recently we were fortunate enough to finally have a very decent amount of funding for our hospital to updat so many pieces of antiquated equipment and monitoring systems in almost every department. So very necessary in light of the many changes in healthcare today.

Cons

Compensation is low for this area. Huge deal made about discussing salary with anyone else (dismissable offense) not really sure that's legal! Under new leadership very recently, hoping this will somehow change attitudes. Hospital really doesn't follow its own rules, (Policy and procedures) except when the JCAHO inspections come up then everyone tries to remember the correct rules not the ones that were being followed since last inspection.

If you leave employment with Tenet Health work somewhere else for a bit and then negotiate your return you could end up making more than your manager! If you stay employed with Tenet for a long time your increases are smaller than cost of living rise. New graduates can come in at barely just lower than you are paid having been there for a decade or longer. Really can't understand why management can't see this. What is the incentive to really want to work to your best capacity?
    Leadership? It's just not there. People get promoted, not because they deserve it but because they have been there the next longest and therefore get it. They are not trained for the respective managerial, lead nurse, head tech job but have to figure it out. Many don't stay long. What's the point?

Tenet is a nice company to work for but some employees and management are lazy.

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

Tenet has some nice benefits package.

Cons

They give a difficult time for taking time off work. And some of the policy is ridiculous. They expect you to be "100% perfect.

My experience has overall been positive, I've learned a lot and worked hard.

Current Employee - Meeting Planner in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Meeting Planner in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare

Pros

I have learned a ton from my industry, have great mentors to learn from, and they care about your overall career path and learning as much as you can. Great pay.

Cons

Little to no work-life balance, long hours, everyone is so busy that sometimes there is no one to turn to for help, very stressful environment.

Make more time to give employees a break and make work fun and not just always go, go, go. Staff certain departments with more employees - you have the money!

Love the people I work around.

Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The location is great, my unit has flexible hours and scheduling. many people have gone on to higher positions within the company. They help contribute to tuition costs.

Cons

Management is always fixing things late: parking, equipment, and staffing. Administration would rather redecorate for a quick sale then to put in any better raises.

Have some type of humbleness and humility.