Terex Reviews

Updated 24 April 2015
166 reviews filtered by

AWP Perspective

Current Employee - Engineer in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance 4/10's and everyone is pretty much held to that even salary. You work on occasion every other Friday. So you might work 45 hours on average a week.

Cons

Everyone works in silos, therefore a lot of working against each other.

Poor communication

A company which makes decisions on the production floor not on data but just what people think. Very reactive and not proactive.

We just had 500 people laid off in the AWP division and people are really concerned. There are major layoffs around every 5-8 years. Management says no more that they know of but they cannot tell everyone that there will be more to come, it would make an even more stressed out environment.

Dec 17, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. Your opinion of Terex is important to us and we will share your comments with the Redmond, WA leadership team, so they can look into ... More

2. A company that Shelters Non Performance

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Salary, Varied business segments and variety of products

Cons

Poor Customer base in India. Senior management keeps reality away from bosses in the US or Europe. Management in India has their own agenda and do not like that being questioned. The Terex principles (way) are given lip service. Inefficient channel network. None of the products have any USP,all are Me Too products

Advice to Management

Keep differences aside and work towards a common goal

3. Current Internship

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Westport, CT (US)
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Westport, CT (US)

I have been working at Terex as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I am gaining valuable professional experience with great people. Specially their culture is great. A lot to learn from...

Cons

Lack of constructive feedback

Dec 03, 2014Admin

On behalf of Terex, we are glad to hear from you on Glassdoor. Constructive feedback is an important part of anyone’s development process. Some managers may not be comfortable giving feedback ... More

5. Learned a lot, promoted annually, Got sideways with HR and forced out of company.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer III in Moses Lake, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer III in Moses Lake, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are the best. Pay is pretty good. Work is varied and fast paced. Benefits are average to industry. Opportunities to make a difference.

Cons

Poor work life balance.
    Engineers required to work a rotating graveyard 6 weeks a year.
    Sporadic plant meetings and announcements things that are not true. Leadership is mostly posturing to be noticed by the Redmond leadership.
    Production worked overtime for the first half of the year, then massive layoffs when the stock dropped after 2nd quarter results were announced (2014)

Advice to Management

While the stock price is important, without the people who build units, the people whose ideas make Genie a brand to be desired, you have nothing. Try focusing on morale and watch the stock price climb as a result.

Dec 19, 2014Admin

On behalf of Terex, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It’s good to know that you find your work fulfilling, you enjoy working with your fellow team members and ... More

6. manufacturing engineer

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rock Hill, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rock Hill, SC (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent low cost benefits, great work life balance, most of the team members are are really good people!

Cons

The management lacks in common sense and logic most of the time. Probably driven from the top for the typical big company bureaucracy and legal reasons......

Advice to Management

Reverse the above comment if possible. STOP leading and managing all the time via the TEREX managers text book. Lead from your mind, heart and experience..... You don't always have to be sheep.

Many opportunities for growth and development, but bureaucracy and poor support will hold you back.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most co-workers are hard working and ready to help you solve issues. Great opportunity to gain experience in lean manufacturing. Benefits are very good, including 401k, stock options, profit sharing, two week personal time, and Passport discount card. The quality of training can vary greatly depending on what department you go into.

Cons

Management is knowledgeable, but disconnected from work force and unresponsive. Support structure is poor and bureaucracy can be a great hinderance. There is a revolving door of managers, so you will constantly be dealing with a new boss with different standards.

Advice to Management

Someone needs to stick around long enough to understand their work force.

Oct 16, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the Terex benefits plan. Regarding our managers, we have recently rolled out a new ... More

8. great people to work with

Former Employee - Returns Clerk in Southaven, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Returns Clerk in Southaven, MS (US)

I worked at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great location great pay and nice people

Cons

none have no problem with company

Advice to Management

management was great at this company

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Terex (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work in a small town and small plant which is wonderful.

Cons

HR in the plant I work at treats the employees like they are a nuisance to her. Multiple errors in the new employee set up process, some were intentional.

Dec 03, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Terex Glassdoor page. Your opinion of Terex is important to us and we would like to share your feedback with the appropriate location. If you would like ... More

Great working experience. Tons of opportunity to grow.

I have been working at Terex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company perks, learning development programs, knowledgable managers, team members

Cons

Company needs a better stream line communication in process. Too many people doing the same job - tend to overlap quite a bit.

Advice to Management

Focus more on your team members from the bottom up, not the other way around.

11. Average Experience so far

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Pay and benefits are the reason to work here. The work is generally simple and not challenging, but at this time in my life i'm not looking for challenging work. Iw ant good pay and benefits and time with my family. Terex is a good place to work if that's what's important to you. here is room for Growth too, if you work hard and are interested in that kind of thing.

Cons

See above. There isn't a challenge in the work that I do, which can sometimes cause me to be a little disengaged. Also, this is one of the smaller companies in this industry, and it's not always great to be the underdog.

Advice to Management

Try to find more ways to compete with the big boys out there. It will make for a stronger future.