Texas Instruments

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.6 1,108 reviews

Texas Instruments Chairman, President, and CEO Rich Templeton

Rich Templeton

Pros
  • Work life balance is really good, it values the importance of sports in life(in 116 reviews)

• Great people, benefits, work environment -- when far from corporate headquarters in Dallas(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance rarely seems to be in favor of life(in 36 reviews)

• Upper management seems to be reserved for Marketing/Sales folks(in 25 reviews)

1,108 Employee Reviews

A great learning experience with high quality engineers prepared to offer help whenever needed.

Senior ASIC Design Engineer (Current Employee) Greenock, Scotland

ProsInteresting work if you like DSP. People are very sociable and knowledgeable. Beautiful part of Scotland. Also close to Glasgow airport if you need to travel as a contractor. Very flexible regarding working from home.

ConsEngineers were frustrated by lack of projection direction from USA and the inability of marketing to nail down features.

Good place for introvert and lifeless

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Northampton, England

ProsPrestigious company for an analogue design engineer
    Nice benefits and

ConsAwful locations
    No choice of career path rather the one imposed by HR
    Far away sites are not considered by HQ

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people choice for their careers

Good colleagues - but some lack of commitment from management.

Technical Sales (Current Employee) Northampton, England

ProsI have some great colleagues who are always willing to help. There is also a good spirit inside the company with good and regular feedback mechanisms. Benefits packages are good and there has been (until now) excellent training avalable for personal and professional development.

ConsIt's a very large company, so there is a feeling on anonimity. This is even worse if you are in a satellite company away from the HQ - or even outside the US. We do struggle to compete against the big players in some markets and I feel a lack of commitment sometimes to be competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a bit more consistent in your buniess approach. If we want to get into a buiness / opportunity area we need to stick at it and resource it properly. I have see many instances where we hae changed direction 90% of the way towards getting the biz. This destroys customer confidence. Lets drop the soundbites and get some real actions going.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Texas Instruments

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsVery good work life balance with flexible hours

ConsNot run like a technology company.

Great place for internship

ProsFast learning curve. Easy job task

ConsDallas is not a good place for life

Working as Equipment Engineer, handling Preventive Maintenance and Calibration.

Equipment Engineer (Current Employee) Mabalacat (Philippines)

ProsTerms of Use Privacy & Cookies Safe Harbor Notice

ConsGreat opportunity, compensation
    Just work hard to get even better your position

diverse environment and challenging work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible-as long as you get your work done, good working environment

ConsLack of opportunity for advancement

Stable company

Associate (Current Employee) Stafford, TX (US)

ProsJob security is high. Benefits for those that have been here for some time are great. Profit sharing is attractive.
    Great company to work for if you are fine with limited growth opportunities.

ConsPay is lower than industry standards. If you are a newer employee you are now subject to the lower benefit trends that other companies are using. Talent is wasted or not fully utilized. The environment is the same as it was in the 70's. Creative energies are not promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those with experience and not just by academic credentials. Very limited resources used to grow employees.

Good place to learn

Pros"Great Work-life balance

Transparent to everyone

Consfor me there is no cons

Wonderful place to work at

Digital Design Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Excellent office environment, spacious and well furnished cubicle
    - Good Facilities
    - Can learn a lot from colleagues, can work on state-of-the-art technologies
    - People discuss circuits even in bathrooms and lifts, that is how passionate people here are

Cons- Is on the downfall these days and has been laying off many people, that means no job security
    - Though it has flexible hours, project deadlines force you to work long hours
    - Serious environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould suggest more outings, a more fun environment rather than it being so serious

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!