Texas Instruments Reviews

3.7
1,188 Reviews

Texas Instruments Chairman, President, and CEO Rich Templeton
Rich Templeton

Pros
  • Exceptional opportunities for career advancement, as well as a great work-life balance (in 127 reviews)

• Supportive work environment: Mentors and teammates are very friendly and ready to help (in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is difficult to have when the job demands are more than the people to complete the job (in 38 reviews)

• Upper management seems to be reserved for Marketing/Sales folks (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

A great learning experience with high quality engineers prepared to offer help whenever needed.

Current Employee - Senior ASIC Design Engineer in Greenock, Scotland
    Current Employee - Senior ASIC Design Engineer in Greenock, Scotland

I have been working at Texas Instruments as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Interesting work if you like DSP. People are very sociable and knowledgeable. Beautiful part of Scotland. Also close to Glasgow airport if you need to travel as a contractor. Very flexible regarding working from home.

Cons

Engineers were frustrated by lack of projection direction from USA and the inability of marketing to nail down features.

Good place to work overall but dont get lost!

Current Employee - Senior ASIC Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior ASIC Design Engineer

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, huge database of information (both technical and non-technical). There are some great people, only if one can find them as it's a huge organization. Decent work-life balance in general.

Cons

Bureaucracy slows down engineers to work efficiently. A lot of effort is spent in micro-managing things that better be reduced to go back to its glory days!

Reduce bureaucracy.

Good place for introvert and lifeless

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Northampton, England
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Northampton, England

I worked at Texas Instruments

Pros

Prestigious company for an analogue design engineer
    Nice benefits and

Cons

Awful locations
    No choice of career path rather the one imposed by HR
    Far away sites are not considered by HQ

Give people choice for their careers

Good colleagues - but some lack of commitment from management.

Current Employee - Technical Sales in Northampton, England
    Current Employee - Technical Sales in Northampton, England

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

I have some great colleagues who are always willing to help. There is also a good spirit inside the company with good and regular feedback mechanisms. Benefits packages are good and there has been (until now) excellent training avalable for personal and professional development.

Cons

It's a very large company, so there is a feeling on anonimity. This is even worse if you are in a satellite company away from the HQ - or even outside the US. We do struggle to compete against the big players in some markets and I feel a lack of commitment sometimes to be competitive.

Get a bit more consistent in your buniess approach. If we want to get into a buiness / opportunity area we need to stick at it and resource it properly. I have see many instances where we hae changed direction 90% of the way towards getting the biz. This destroys customer confidence. Lets drop the soundbites and get some real actions going.

IT Intern

Former Employee - IT Intern in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Texas Instruments as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy going environment. Time off was based on how long you've worked there. Pretty good pay and relocation help. Lots of employees who have stayed in the business for 20+ years. Gym on campus for employees, cafeterias were spread out. The intern program was awesome and had a lot of events to meet other interns within the company.

Cons

As an intern, the learning process was tough when it came to understanding the company, the different parts of the company, etc. Some might say the compensation/benefits aren't as good as other places.

Texas Instruments Response

Oct 23, 2014Worldwide Recruiting Leader

Thank you for posting! We appreciate you taking the time to share your great feedback and hope you had a fulfilling intern experience!

Solid Company

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Constantly adapting, relatively horizontal, lots of very knowledgeable and humble people

Cons

a bit conservative but understandably, some groups are a bit less lenient than others

Satisfied

Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Texas Instruments as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good and Friendly colleagues, Pay is okay, You will get regional visibility Singapore being a regional logistics hub

Cons

Location, Job becomes monotonous after a point of time.

Internship review

Current Employee - Verification Engineer in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Verification Engineer in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Texas Instruments as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people and some pretty cool projects, the HR department does a decent job of matching your skills to available positions, so the job was mutually benefitcial.

Cons

From what I saw, promotions are hard to come by. I saw a few people that had been doing the same thing for 20+ years with very few people under them. Also, in my BU the people did not seemed determined to move up in the company.

A good company that if they would choose, could be the best.

Current Employee - Electrical Design Engineer in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Electrical Design Engineer in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In the best of times, it can be exciting and fun. If you are an engineer you can be challenged if you want with many different groups to be a part of. Pay is typical but less than what you may get in Silicon Valley. If you like to travel, you can often do that too! Your experience will vary with each group... Some are better than others. Benefits are very very good and more than fair. The company has been very good to me. I hesitantly would recommend it....But

Cons

Once you hit 50 years old, watch out. TI is well known for kicking older workers to the curb. How they are able to do this systematically is beyond me...well maybe not. They simply pay off each individual with take it or leave it "packages" where you promise not to tell. Secondly, they use the H1B visa workers like crack. This is mostly to keep pay down I suppose. These are harsh comments but it's well known in the industry.

Stop letting HR run the show. They often promote based on race or gender and it is obvious to many of us. Promote the best, with blinders on. Stop shoving the diversity junk down our throats. Again, promote and hire the best with blinders. Stop choosing "Golden Boys", kids with no real accomplishments for top positions. It will be your downfall.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Texas Instruments as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Texas Instruments is a great place to work. The members of the team that I was part of were very friendly and helpful.

Cons

I did not face any challenges.