The LaSalle Network

Updated 17 October 2014
Updated 17 October 2014
4.3

Tom Gimbel

An excellent place to work, grow, and develop

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The leadership, staff, and environment at LaSalle Network is phenomenal. Over communication is emphasized and everyone feels like they are an important part of the company because they are. Each person's contributions matter and directly impact our overall success. We are all accountable to one another to perform at a high level while also improving the daily lives of our coworkers, clients, and candidates. Each day brings a new challenge and is very rarely boring or slow. You don't have to count the clock here. On the contrary, most days fly by.

It is a very welcome change to have an entire company that cares about their work, their effort, and ultimately the services provided to our clients. We strive to do things "the right way" in all situations. There are no 'coasters' or 'slackers' at LaSalle Network which is very inspiring and pushes each person to consistently grow and improve. Overall it is really quite an amazing and special atmosphere.

Cons

Work-life balance is not necessarily a term management believes in. Everyone puts in a lot of hours which you might think would lead to job dissatisfaction but it doesn't. The vast majority of people enjoy being at work and the people they work with.

If you're someone looking to simply work 8 hours/day and then go home to unplug, this is absolutely not the right fit for you.

A reoccurring theme when listening to coworkers is nearly everyone feels they are underpaid given the higher number of hours and effort put forth when compared to roles at other organizations.

Oct 20, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We strive to create a challenging yet supportive culture, and your feedback definitely reflects that.

Amazing Company!

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

LaSalle Network is an awesome company to work for! Not only do I enjoy coming to my job everyday but I can truly say I work along some of my best friends. It is amazing to be a part of a company were everyone is passionate about what they do and works so hard to reach a goal together. Overall LaSalle cares about their employees and the culture is great!

Cons

Not much that I dislike about working here.

Oct 06, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback!

Positive and Eager Place to Work!

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LaSalle Network is an overall positive and happy place to come to work to everyday. The culture at LaSalle Network is extremely upbeat and energetic. While every Project Manager is delegated specific orders, there is still a team based approach where collaboration is strongly welcomed in every unit. Everyone at LaSalle has a common vision of motivation, success, and growth. I do not know of very many companies where you get to consider your teammates and coworkers your best friends. There is also very strong relationships across the company between Project Managers and our Business Development Managers. This is extremely important when working orders and obtaining new business. The amount of time and hard word that everyone in this company puts in is tremendous. In addition, the company rewards success with annual parties and events, incentive trips, and promotions. My advice to any new hires or those interested in working at LaSalle Network, be flexible, get involved, and have an open mind!

Cons

The recruiting industry in general is not a 9-5 position. Employees work upwards of 10-11 hour days. At times it can become long, however, the culture makes it worthwhile. If you are looking for a 40-45 hour job, this is not the industry for you. We, also do not have a 401K match.

Revisiting the bonus structure for some units as sometimes it can be difficult to hit.

Oct 06, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your insights! Great advice for new hires - get involved, be flexible and have an open mind. Definitely keys to success here. Thanks for your feedback on the bonus structure ... More

Work Hard, Play Hard

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at LaSalle is the company culture that they've built. While there may be various office locations and multiple departments, everyone works cohesively together and is genuinely invested in trying to help each other out. Whether it may be staying an extra hour to assist another project manager with reports, or taking on an additional project, everyone is very passionate and dedicated to their jobs here. And because of that, the company is very generous about rewarding us for our hard work! We have great company-wide events that give us a chance to not only bond with our clients, but have a really great time with each other.

Cons

With it being a "work hard, play hard" type of environment, you definitely do work HARD. Since it is a pretty demanding industry, the hours typically tend to be long and you feel like you're moving at 100 mph most of the time. So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you. It can get draining at times, but it's not so bad when you're doing it with people whose company you really enjoy :)

Higher compensation packages based off of all the work we do.

Sep 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback.

Solid, Growing Company with Great People

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every single person that works here is hard-working and driven, which you don't get many other places. It's very team-oriented here and everyone jumps in to help out when needed. Building relationships with employees both inside and outside of work is highly encouraged, and it's extremely common to see strong friendships form outside of work with teammates. The benefits are nice - good health/dental package, fair PTO, fun company events, catered lunch every Thursday. Management and HR are very easy to talk to, and if things aren't working out they will work hard to find a role, either internally or externally, that will work. We work a split desk, so if you're not interested in sales, you can be a part of the recruiting team. We are also salaried and not commissioned. It's a fast-paced environment with a lot going on!

Cons

Work-life balance can be challenging if you want to work the typical 8-5, though I do think management is working to make things a lot better here. When I first started I was easily working from 11-12 hours many days. And while things can get very busy and longer hours may be necessary to meet strict deadlines during large projects, it has gotten better and is encouraged to get out of the office at a reasonable time (reasonable still meaning 5:30-6, so you're looking at a 10-hour day). Suburban offices can tend to feel left out on random company gatherings and overall recognition for hard work, since the vast majority of the staff works out of the HQ in downtown. Thus there can be a lot of favoritism as employees can build better relationships with upper management and C-level executives since they're working side-by-side in the same office. A lot of times big achievements (and projects that bring in A LOT of business) by individuals that put a lot of hard work and hours into seem to go overlooked. Salary tends to be fair here but sometimes the bonuses are difficult to achieve for certain teams and offices. There are groups that see bonuses in the thousands each and every quarter while other teams see a couple hundred dollars here and there. What works for one team in one office may not work for other teams in other offices, as business is sold differently in different locations. Turnover can be an issue (mostly due to work-life balance), though I think LaSalle Network has a better rate than other firms. Change is the only constant here, which can be a pro or a con to different people. The hiring process can also be daunting.

See "Cons" section.

Sep 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

I'm sorry suburban offices feel left out...I realize this can be an issue and it is something I am working with my executive team to "figure" out better ways. I don't feel our turnover is that high ... More

Great company culture filled with like-minded, hard working individuals.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture! Like-minded, hard working individuals who I not only call co-workers, but also friends. LaSalle has offered me a career opportunity that I have yet to see anywhere else. It is truly a place where your hard work pays off and gets recognized. The team based approach to recruiting ensures a positive work environment where everyone is willing to jump in and help each other out. I am forever grateful for the opportunity that has been presented.

Cons

Agency recruiting as a whole requires long days and making yourself available outside of normal business hours. I have never been required to stay "late" but have simply chosen to hold myself accountable and put in the time that is required to get the job done.

Oct 13, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for sharing your insights. Your perspective about holding yourself accountable is exactly the mentality we hope runs throughout the entire organization and one that we try to instill ... More

The People Make the Difference

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LaSalle is a place that rewards hard work. You hear a lot about our culture, and yes, we have fun parties, celebrations, incentives, trips, etc. However, the parties aren't what keep me here - the people do. The celebrations are a result/reward of people working hard, giving their all, and grinding it out every day to reach a common goal. People here have a few important traits in common - they are smart, hard working, loyal, and fun. Companies that have a staff of mostly revenue generators/sales roles often times deal with people who are selfish and cut throat, but LaSalle has none of that. It is truly a supportive, team based environment. You have access to upper management at all times and a lot of opportunity for career progression. If you want to work for a company where you feel like you're a part of something, where your hard work is recognized and rewarded, and where your team and peers consistently support you, then LaSalle is the place to be. Work hard, and you'll be taken care of. Plus, you'll make some great friends and get some great perks along the way.

Cons

Not a place for someone who wants a 9-5.

Sep 07, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your insight into working at LaSalle Network!

Great place to learn - not a great place to stay

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LaSalle Network is a great place to learn the recruiting industry. Management is very hands on and good at what they do.

Cons

The hours are ridiculous. I was told in the interview that they would be long but the expectation was unreasonable. While you are never "told" to work late, if you leave before 6:30-7:00 your work ethic and commitment level are questioned. Often my unit worked until 7:30-8:00 and came in on weekends. I don't know anyone who works anywhere near that many hours. Especially at a starting salary around 30k.

Endless Career Growth!

Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

LaSalle Network is a collaborative, team based professional services firm that gives their employees all the tools to be successful and grow their careers. Over 90% of our management has been groomed from within, which goes to show that the opportunities for upward mobility are endless. Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain’s Chicago in their annual “Best Places to Work” publication. We do a great job of celebrating individual achievements along with companywide success when we accomplish our goals. LaSalle offers excellent benefits and an aggressive compensation plan.

Cons

There aren't many cons in my opinion...if you're willing to roll up your sleeves, work hard and aren't afraid to fail it is incredibly rewarding. LaSalle Network gives it's employees ample opportunities to shine and has always been transparent when there are deficiencies with an employees work product or attitude.

Keep motivating us to be our best and we'll do everything possible to execute on your strategy!

Sep 02, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What you put in, you get out--LaSalle invests in its employees for the long run which is why it is not the typical churn and burn recruiting firm. Employees are supported, encouraged, coached and given all the tools you need to be successful. The sky is the limit in terms of earning potential, and management will listen to your ideas and issues. This is a place that wants to help develop its employees professionally but also personally. I consider LaSalle family and couldn't imagine working elsewhere.

LaSalle is a place where you can be yourself, be goofy and creative while having the drive and motivation to do well.

Cons

There is no 401k match.

Keep up the good work---the constant support and acknowedgment from leadership keeps people engaged and loyal.

The LaSalle Network Photos