The Whitlock Group

The Whitlock Group Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to work! You won't find a better work environment.

IT Intern (Current Employee)
Springfield, MO (US)

I have been working at The Whitlock Group as an intern for more than a year

Pros-Friendliest co-workers ever
-Great benefits like dental care, health care
-During tax season you get lots of free meals
-Very relaxed environment

Cons-None that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great company but be careful..

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Whitlock Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Great reputation in the industry
- Both financial and manpower resources are available
- Income potential is strong for sales
- Benefits are strong
- Strong national presence
- Good folks

Cons- Regional management may not be as strong as it needs to be (education, experience, management skills).
- Project management ranks are a bit weak in capabilities and experiences which can cause some projects to struggle
- Motto might be less is more, they tend to work people to the point of exhaustion at all levels in an effort to run lean.
- Just too much to do with the available manpower resources which causes mistakes and lost profit opportunities
- Can be very "high school" unfortunately
- Internal processes can cause tremendous back ups and frustration although it is recognized that in many causes they are for good intentions

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team, your staff. I agree with a previous review where good engineering skills or the fact you like someone does not necessarily make them the high paced, effective leader that the company needs in all positions. They step over or 'on' very good people that are both very capable and willing to help the company more. However the issue right now is top management surrounds themselves with several folks that are not always the best people available but rather will tell them what they want to hear. Not a good practice in trying to become what they want to become I feel.

There is so much potential given the available resources and connections in the industry however with the above situation, growth in sales and profitability is greatly limited.

Whitlock Austin

Audiovisual Installation Technician (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at The Whitlock Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood People and good salary

Consnone, there was nothing bad

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more to people below you and work to get thing done faster

Not a Good Company If you want Stability

Manager (Former Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at The Whitlock Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGood vendor Relations, good product and services offering

ConsHorrible upper management communication down to the area managers. Very poor job stability, they fire fast to "manage" the quarterly and year end profits. They will fire you so they do not have to pay you on large commissions or bonuses. I witnessed it several times... Very poor training and communication to the branch managers. They preach integrity, honesty and loyalty but they do not practice... Alot of upper mgmt B.S. and Games... You have been WARNED!!!

Advice to Senior Managementstop preaching what you do not practice... Playing with folks careers to save a buck by firing them to bank their commissions is disgusting... Hiring for build up of bread and butter accounts then firing to hand them over to your golden boys is disgusting. You need to take a serious look at your culture and values...

Excellent company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The Whitlock Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGenerous PTO, excellent working conditions.

ConsIt's a CPA firm, so tax season is always a push.

Stale, old school

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at The Whitlock Group

ProsCompany has partnerships with a wide variety of manufacturers, has a good portfolio of completed projects, and is well managed at the top. Very competent leaders in national and regional positions.

ConsWhile executive management shines, they have a hard time finding competent branch managers. Communications within the organization or very poor. Local managers seem to have no leadership training.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood engineering skills don't automatically translate to good leadership skills.

Worked for The Whitlock Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Whitlock Group reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by The Whitlock Group employees.