The Whitlock Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Doug Hall

Good Group to work for, so far

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsPositive culture
    Solid reputation in the industry
    Management that, in general, seems to care and encourage
    No games played with commissions
    I work for an expanding profitable branch and commissions are on the rise
    Lots of hard workers that support me and my customers

ConsCommunication from the top down is improving, but not great
    A mix of upper management types. Some that seem to be passionate about the industry and success and a few empty suits that spout good slogans then run away when you ask a question
    Interbranch cooperation and communication needs to be reviewed. Almost like we work for a different company than they do in other cities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire quality, smart people that are positive and embrace the stated Whitlock values
    Continue to improve communication and processes down the chain of command and across the various branches.

Great company but be careful..

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Pros- Great reputation in the industry
    - Both financial and manpower resources are available
    - Income potential is strong for sales
    - Benefits are strong
    - Strong national presence
    - Good folks

Cons- Regional management may not be as strong as it needs to be (education, experience, management skills).
    - Project management ranks are a bit weak in capabilities and experiences which can cause some projects to struggle
    - Motto might be less is more, they tend to work people to the point of exhaustion at all levels in an effort to run lean.
    - Just too much to do with the available manpower resources which causes mistakes and lost profit opportunities
    - Can be very "high school" unfortunately
    - Internal processes can cause tremendous back ups and frustration although it is recognized that in many causes they are for good intentions

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team, your staff. I agree with a previous review where good engineering skills or the fact you like someone does not necessarily make them the high paced, effective leader that the company needs in all positions. They step over or 'on' very good people that are both very capable and willing to help the company more. However the issue right now is top management surrounds themselves with several folks that are not always the best people available but rather will tell them what they want to hear. Not a good practice in trying to become what they want to become I feel.

There is so much potential given the available resources and connections in the industry however with the above situation, growth in sales and profitability is greatly limited.

Whitlock Austin

Audiovisual Installation Technician (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsGood People and good salary

Consnone, there was nothing bad

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more to people below you and work to get thing done faster

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a Good Company If you want Stability

Manager (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA (US)

ProsGood vendor Relations, good product and services offering

ConsHorrible upper management communication down to the area managers. Very poor job stability, they fire fast to "manage" the quarterly and year end profits. They will fire you so they do not have to pay you on large commissions or bonuses. I witnessed it several times... Very poor training and communication to the branch managers. They preach integrity, honesty and loyalty but they do not practice... Alot of upper mgmt B.S. and Games... You have been WARNED!!!

Advice to Senior Managementstop preaching what you do not practice... Playing with folks careers to save a buck by firing them to bank their commissions is disgusting... Hiring for build up of bread and butter accounts then firing to hand them over to your golden boys is disgusting. You need to take a serious look at your culture and values...

Stale, old school

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has partnerships with a wide variety of manufacturers, has a good portfolio of completed projects, and is well managed at the top. Very competent leaders in national and regional positions.

ConsWhile executive management shines, they have a hard time finding competent branch managers. Communications within the organization or very poor. Local managers seem to have no leadership training.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood engineering skills don't automatically translate to good leadership skills.

Worked for The Whitlock Group? Contribute to the Community!