Ticketmaster

Updated 21 August 2014
Updated 21 August 2014
3.3

Jared Smith

Pros
  • Most of the people are great to be around and a joy to work with (in 10 reviews)

• Free tickets to shows (if you are London based - don't expect much in satellite offices) (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance for event/client support staff (in 7 reviews)

• Upper Management has no clue how things in the field offices actually work (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great overall experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA (US)

I worked at Ticketmaster as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was an intern at Ticketmaster and overall it was a great learning experience. Everyone was very friendly and was open to showing me around the place.

Cons

Department that I was in seemed to be a bit segregated. There was not much interaction within our department.

Company with decent perks/access to tickets, but career-wise there's little upward mobility

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager  in  Hollywood, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Hollywood, CA (US)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are amazing; great blend of smart, driven, and creative people make up the TM family. You often hear people leave, but come back later only to become TM-lifers.

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by unless someone in Management is looking out for you, which rarely happens. Tech roadmap is also too fluid with key stakeholders offering very little visibility into the business' priorities.

Do less talking, and more "walking"

Great to good to worse to good again

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great clients (the best live entertainment utilizes TM systems and services), get to have your finger on the pulse of the live entertainment, represent the best ticketing system in the insustry

Cons

mergers led to poor combination of company cultures. Silo-ed business practices and lack of interest in the mid-to small client needs creates frustration and lack of direction.

revisit the company mission statement and enhance the company culture to improve all around performance of everyone responsible for making the company succeed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Hours, lackluster pay. Was in college while I worked for Ticketmaster so I appreciated the flexibility and the ability to leave early if it was slow.

Cons

Management is extremely top heavy, atmosphere was very hierarchal.

My suggestion to management is to work on ways to improve employee moral, there was a high turnover rate when I was an employee.

Good people, sometimes feels like the company has ADD

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA (US)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

People want to do great things. There are some great people here and by and large, everyone wants to do great things.

Cons

Benefits aren't really the best here. Sometimes the company feels like it has ADD and can't really focus on things.

Compensation and benefits practices need to be in line with other tech companies. Need to stop letting bowling balls detract us from our long term objectives.

Work is hard but they allow us to play hard as well. Lots of fun activities.

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Technology drives this company pretty much

Cons

Too much overload at times.

Financial Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA (US)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

casual work environment....2 weeks off in the winter.....various parties for holidays, football events ect...

Cons

poor management cohesion, poor systems, nothing is streamlined manipulating data is very manual and time consuming... systems are no where near helpful to managements ask.....nothing is consistent

UPDATE SYSTEMS!!!!

Database Administrator

Current Employee - Database Administrator  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best infrastructure with thousands of databases, Highly cutting edge technologies with multiple databases knowledge

Cons

Moderate to slow personal career growth rate

NA

Great place to work if you like the ticketing and entertainment business

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Hollywood, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Hollywood, CA (US)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to be promoted if you show you care, work hard and are on board with management's plan. Some weekends and long hours when deliveries are due, but nothing different from any other software company. Open vacation policy for manager level and above. Take as much time as you need or just to rest without feeling guilty. Coworkers are fun and there are opportunities to hang out after work if you want to. Office environments are good. Kitchens on every floor and a huge lunch room. Places to work outside of your cubicle if you need privacy. Cubicles are spacious and the building is fairly modern.

Cons

Like a lot of big companies they are looking for a quick fix to a long term problem. Lots of work to do, but hiring consultants will only waste time and money. They need to hire people with experience and trust them to make it happen. Sometimes they forget that ticketing is a unique skill set that not many people know or care to learn. That being said, this was slowly changing before I left.

Listen to the people in the trenches. They know what customers want. Stay in tune with your employees to anticipate issues so you can be proactive about concerns.

Great environment, Mgmt doesn't seem to get it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Hollywood, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA (US)

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the people are great to be around and a joy to work with. It's a great work environment and, for the most part, it's relaxed and friendly.

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem to pay much attention to the actual work and troubles of the lower level. Too many meetings. Too many reports. Almost no action to correct the obvious problems. Compensation is rather low. Very low, considering the type and amount of work involved. Most other companies offer more pay for much less work and responsibility. Morale can tend to be low and not much is done raise it.

Listen to the little guy. Don't play favorites. Try to pay employees what they're worth instead of what looks better on a spreadsheet.

Ticketmaster Photos

Music
Concert
View from the Hollywood office

+ Add Photo

Worked for Ticketmaster? Contribute to the Community!