Timberland

www.timberland.com

Timberland Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014
Timberland – UK – “EHQ atrium”

Timberland – UK – “EHQ atrium”

Timberland Vice President, VF Corporation and Group President, Outdoor & Action Sports Americas Steve Rendle

Steve Rendle

Good company to work for with great benefits

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsBenefits are great: Handsome discount at most VF retail stores
    Flexible
    Gym and Travel payment scheme
    Good management structure
    Volunteer work in the community is paid for by the company.

ConsCommunication can be slow on important issues or sudden on big impacts on business.
    Sometimes management would become lazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on the ball and communicate more, otherwise doing a good job.

Terrible

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Ellesmere Port, England

ProsFriendly staff who are easy to get along with on a personal level but not business wise, made some great friends

ConsAfter having started a new job i realize how bad of company this is in regards to staff treatment. Managers do not care about staff who are part time only full time workers were treated with respect and consideration, Guilt tripping in regards to taking holidays and made to feel bad for requesting holidays and after a former colleague booked a holiday 3 months in advance he was forced to leave the company as the area manager quoted to him 'if you don't work it, you know where the door is' i found this completely inappropriate and completely unfair as he was a hard worker . . They do not work around other commitments such as college/university having agreed to do so in interviews and would work you into the ground given the opportunity. It was discussed with many different store workers that the area manager was rude, smug and definitely did not have staffs best interests in mind. Overall i would never work for this company again and all staff who i worked with felt the same had they not money commitments and while i worked there 3 people walked out of this job and 6 people quit in the short time i was there and one lady only lasted one day.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo take in to consideration what kind of people you are employing to run your shops as much of what takes place goes against numerous HR Regulations and fair treatment to staff.

I giant waste of time and effort.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThe people, the people absolutely made it for me, they became a second family to me. To be honest these wonderful (but crazy people who have stayed there so long) are the only reason I have been able to stand it there for so long. I hope they escape someday...

ConsMinimum wage for an often tiresome, chaotic and stressful working environment/job. (Either first or second best money making store in Europe often consistently).
    Consistently asked for more for less or nothing at all.
    Management could be disorganized/lazy/moronic in their decision making and often on the shop floor for no more than 45 minutes max in a full day.
    Ever since VF have owned the company it has gone downhill: Less holiday time, discount is now only 20% and there are no signs of considering the ones who are actually making the money lower down the food chain.
    Promises of change never kept.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the ones who worked at my store, listen to the sales assistants they are the most involved in the moneymaking aspects of the business and communication needs to desperately improve. Don't make promises you cannot keep. E.g pay rises and opportunities for positions and development.

To the management above them who I consider the biggest set of monkeys I have ever heard about and have unfortunately met, you need to come down off of your high horses, work in one of the busiest stores in Europe and seriously ask yourselves: would I ever do this for minimum wage for 40 hours a week? As far as I know they only care for the digits they get emailed at the end of the day for how well we had done compared to how many customers had entered the store. I trully hope I never have to involve myself in such a stingy non-cooperative company such as VF again.

The Swartz family should never have handed their brand over to that addled bohemoth I know as VF.

There is a good chance no one from head office or anyone in management under Timberland will read this, but for god sake you've got to listen to the people you work with and strive for change, otherwise people are simply not going to work for you or want to work for you. Please change for the better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product, Great people... and many opportunities... Although that was a looong time ago! The brand seems to have maintained the integrity from when Jeffrey Schwartz was leading.

ConsSalary wasn't great...and there werent great opportunities for adjustments... and there was a LOT of pressure.

Great People ,

Store Manager (Former Employee) Grafing bei München (Germany)

ProsGreat Promotions, good employee discount, monthly Bonus

ConsAlias very crouded , sometimes Lazy Management, Slow Motion Management

Timberland is a wonderful company.

ProsGreat compensation, benefits, and work-life balance. Timberland is a fantastic company to work for and you can't go wrong.

ConsThe senior leaders are not as good as they were previously. This should be changed from the top down.

Awesome company that values its staff and customers and community

Customer Services (Current Employee)

ProsIn my time at Timberland I have progressed in my career, The people are great and since bought by VF we have more opportunities to grow into other Brands, Although we are being made Redundant as of 2014 the company has offered a great support to the employees

ConsChanges in systems when we migrated with VF, this bought new challenges and changes within the business

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be open and transparent with everyone

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou cannot beat the people and culture. Was there before and after the buy out and although things got tough it is still one of the best places to work. Everyone is super friendly, up beat and team players.

ConsNo cons--everything was a pro here

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within!

awesome

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

Prosproduct was great as well as employees

Consthere was none every one was great

Advice to Senior Managementpay the sales people more money it can be a fast past job to get done right

Good, very informative and a lot of technical information

Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) Pune (India)

Prosgood, technical, technology, winter wear, new fashion merchandise, accessories, shoes, very nice store layout in India.

Consunder reliance in India,

Advice to Senior ManagementIndian market: no marketing done, market potential can improve if marketed well. NO PR done, price bracket too high for the Indian Market. Target audience not justified in India. Targeting premium customer is not the way to go about for timberland. Timberland caters to different social catogeries depending on what intent the product is being purchased for

Worked for Timberland? Contribute to the Community!