Tradesmen International

Updated 15 August 2014
Updated 15 August 2014

2.3

Joseph Wesley

Pros
  • Quick advancement and opportunities to make good money (in 4 reviews)

• The opportunity is there for you to make good commissions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Cell phone allowance and car expenses not bad, but not great (in 5 reviews)

• Poor commission structure (10% on gross proffit) So if you do (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Carpenter, Mason, Welder  in  Lima, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Carpenter, Mason, Welder in Lima, OH (US)

Pros

I was subjected to a wide variety of trade work. Although I did not take advantage of the offers, many of the companies I worked for through tradesman gave me job offers with very competitive salaries.

Cons

I really have nothing to say for the cons, everyones experience with this company is different, I had a good one.

As a shipyard contractor employee

Former Employee - Marine Electrician  in  Bremerton, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Marine Electrician in Bremerton, WA (US)

Pros

base pay is $20/hr plus a "chance" at overtime, "or time and a half". Benefits kick in 3 months.

Cons

Contract, which means that they can let you go at any time....Do the work and they still can let you go. Be weary of the Management, even if you have good intentions, they still can let you go. The benefits are ok, but that is if you can use them before they let you go.

Try reaching out to the Contractors that do the work.

Skilled trades for hire

Current Employee - Technician (Electrical/Fire Alarm)  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Technician (Electrical/Fire Alarm) in Charlotte, NC (US)

Pros

They will keepthey will keep the jobs wrong and the jobs rolling in.

Cons

Temp agency but they have benefits.

Keep them coming.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Current Employee - Combo Welder
    Current Employee - Combo Welder

Pros

Get back to you when there is one

Cons

8 months of working for them as a certified 6g combo welder worked 3 weeks companies keep asking for me by name an some how I get there and the job has gone away made about 4k since I started in January

Quit and do something else your awful

Temp agency with poor ethics!

Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

Pros

There isn't much to say except there is some
    Flexibility. Some roles in office give you the flexibility you may need. The field employees are generally a pleasure!

Cons

Crappy pay, 0 staffing model. Dishonesty is unethical, management is selfish and greedy. Bonus pay doesn't structure around your work but the teams work, if sales aren't up and management doesn't collect your "bonus" doesn't exist. Accountability isn't there, also there are inappropriate behavior in the workplace like violent yelling, drinking, poor I-9 compliance . They promise to employ tradesmen full time
    Then can't get them work. They will hire tradesmen working full time to in exchange work temp,
    Then fire them and ignore calls
    When work is slow.

Show up!

WORST JOB EVER

Former Employee - Field Representative  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing appealing about this position.

Cons

EVERYTHING. BASE BLOWS. TRY GETTING BY ON 30K A YEAR. ALSO, you can get fired at will. Terrible company with terrible management.

suck it

Freedom to sink or swim.

Current Employee - Field Representative
    Current Employee - Field Representative

Pros

The best perk of the job is the potential to qualify for the sales trips. These trips are 5 star all the way. Once you qualify once, you will be addicted.

The harder you work, the more money you can make. It takes time, dedication, and a positive attitude. The structure is in place to allow you to be successful. This position relies on three things.

1. Client Relationships
    2. A dedicated recruiter
    3. A manager that is aware of his team's strengths and weaknesses.

If you build a strong trusting relationship your clients will understand exactly what it takes to provide them the quality they are requiring.

A dedicated recruiter will not be watching the clock. They will be spending their time efficiently to find the highest qualified craftsmen for the job. The recruiter has to communicate with the field rep on what realistic pay rates are so that can be voiced to the client. The clients will learn the consequences of paying peanuts very quickly...

Lastly the Management. They have to support their team. They have to work just as hard and be aware of all operations. If the manager assemble a team that they trust, everyone will make money.

Cons

Base salaries are too low. I understand the need to encourage people to work hard to make a commission, that is in all sales jobs.
    The issue is the recruiters. The sales team can not provide what they are selling without a reliable recruiter in their corner. The recruiters need a 10k pay raise. This will improve recruiting nationwide.

Better benefit options, Employees are willing to pay more if the coverage is there.
    Pay the recruiters better and offer them trips similar to the sales trips.

Horribly unrewarding...ridiculous pay

Former Employee - Field Representative  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Baltimore, MD (US)

Pros

I'll have to get back to you

Cons

Hours of driving a day, cold calling, dealing with "C-D" level construction workers...If these guys have to work for a temp service then there is something wrong with them....

Stop over selling your services

POOR COMPANY

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bayonne, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ (US)

Pros

Their are no pros for this company

Cons

They will reject you as a hire even after you have clearance from a doctor. Don't bother unless you like wasting time and money.

Find a new health care facility to do physicals. I strongly feel I was rejected for employment because of my health. Even after I had my own physicians clearance, and was never contacted again for any employment. discrimination doesn't end with skin color.

Inconsistent work, poor management, and unsafe conditions for crappy pay.

Current Employee - Journeyman Electrician  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Portland, OR (US)

Pros

No obligation to any one contractor

Cons

Many of my fellow employees are signed up with this company to get on the big jobs that union shops typically get. Tradesmen does nothing to advocate for us when we get screwed over by one of their customers. It is obvious that they care only about the commission they get from the contractors they send us to. It wouldn't be so bad if they paid at least as much as the union guys get in this area but they don't even come close, or at least the amount we get doesn't come close. Maybe what the contractors pay Tradesmen to send us out adds up to as much or more than union wage, but what we get pales in comparison.

Don't act like you value your workforce. We are a commodity that you exploit and you should at least be honest about that. I heard a rumor that we can organize a union for Tradesmen employees. Maybe then we'll get the respect, safety, and pay we deserve. I know I would sign a card if I met a union organizer.

Worked for Tradesmen International? Contribute to the Community!