Transocean

Be The First To
Add Photos

Transocean President & CEO Steven L. Newman

Steven L. Newman

Pros
  • Good pay, good people, they actually care about your family(in 5 reviews)

• Very laid back, half days on Fridays, company promotes internally(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • And WRA shelf drilling killed all persons activities which you built(in 3 reviews)

Sometimes I ask myself why I left, people need to progress...

Floorman (Former Employee) Aberdeen, Scotland

ProsGood standard of training, equipment always there and readily available, generally a good rig to work on.

ConsPersonal growth due to recession ? I often wonder if my potential was identified as a threat to some people that were in the job I wanted.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealise the potential in personnel that you have onboard, every person I worked with aspires to be more. I watched as good people left the company whilst "Yes men" got ahead that have since stayed at that level. Whereas others have moved on and excelled.

Employees are an inconvenience to the smooth running of this company.

RSTC (Current Employee)

ProsTheir salary package at the moment is still an industry leader. I have been with the company for quite a few years & know a lot of the management.

ConsHuman resources have no concept of what we do or how we do it. Employees are simply pawns in their management game.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back 5 years ago. Move out of Switzerland all employees know this is simply a Tax Dodge who ever heard of an International Deep water Drilling Contractor based in a land locked country. it shows what the company has become a financial company that happens to own oil rigs.

Good company ethics

Senior Sub Sea Engineer (Former Employee) Aberdeen, Scotland

ProsGood job prospects and promotions.

ConsCompany now too big .

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees more on crucial matters.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company

Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsEnjoyed the work and the technology.

ConsEmployees did not seem to be valued as much as consultants. I was an expense...just a price.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the long-term future of the company...not just short-term profits for shareholders.

Awesome company with great poeple and mentors

Applications Developer Intern (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsAll employees are top class and know the value of time. Very result oriented, optimistic and team players. Whoever I had the pleasure to interact was very nice by nature and by profession.

ConsPeople are a bit busy sometimes. There were few occurences when I waited for few weeks to get feedback on the work and proceed further.

Great Company

Floorman (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsSafe. good people. great work culture

Constranferred with Sister company Shelf Drilling/

Advice to Senior Managementna

Rig Mover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's the best company I'm work with, but it sale some old rigs at this time I worked as it rig mover I like to work again with it

ConsYou are the best company for following the safety roles. And WRA shelf drilling killed all persons activities which you built.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to work again with you

Extremely top heavy management

Manager, Corporate Planning (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits and generally nice people, though competence is a minor criteria for promotion, mimicking and praising your boss being far more important.

ConsAt the shore based HQS, it is almost impossible to convince management to listen, much less act. All authority resides at least two management levels above responsibility. Managers are required to make most decisions and not allowed to delegate. There is virtually no numerical analysis, most discussions about key issues start with " how do you FEEL?" . Thus, most decisions are made by managers who don't have or don't fully understand the facts, and based on gut feeling rather than facts.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the basics of avoiding poor decisions by basing key decisions on analysis.

PT Student Worker/Intern: HQ Corporate Legal Department Houston, TX

Student Worker/Intern - Legal Filing (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsI really enjoyed working here part-time for a few months while I was in college. The legal and corporate executives were very friendly people who allowed me to keep a flexible schedule around my classes.

In sum, I appreciated:
    Friendly people
    Flexible schedule - I created my own
    Nice corporate office
    Great central location

My supervisor always made sure I put my academics first and would check in to make sure I had a good balance in my schedule between work and school. I could take time off or change my work hours when I needed to - no questions asked.

ConsNo real big downsides that I can recall, however I was not employed full time or permanently so my experience is limited.

I imagine that if I worked in the C-suite over a long time could get boring? I'm personally not a classic "corporate exec type".

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Is the one of the best offshore company in the world

Radio Officer (Current Employee) Kakinada (India)

ProsExcept the Indian pay roll rest all facilities are very good.

ConsWorking under Management, Indian offshore people can't shineeee....

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the Indian national offshore crew's pay, because which all the office management is enjoying....

Worked for Transocean? Contribute to the Community!